HoT maps post PoF query

HoT maps post PoF query

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smiggles.6823

Smiggles.6823

Will it become hard/impossible to get groups for meta-events?

And is there a plan ie HoT dailies to keep people interested in this content so latecomers can experience collections? So far I’ve only done North Wind which required beating the Mouth of Mordremoth. I’m happy with that but post PoF release will newcomers get to do this? Or defend the city in Auric Basin?

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If posts are anything to go by, it looks like many people purchased both Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns. With the LFG, it certainly seems possible.

I suppose time will tell.

Good luck.

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Also try for some of the rare events around the weekend at reset. Thats when the most players are on. The new player maybe going through HoT. The older player will be working on the Living Story 3 achievements.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Will it become hard/impossible to get groups for meta-events?

And is there a plan ie HoT dailies to keep people interested in this content so latecomers can experience collections? So far I’ve only done North Wind which required beating the Mouth of Mordremoth. I’m happy with that but post PoF release will newcomers get to do this? Or defend the city in Auric Basin?

Yes, it will be even harder to find any group willing to go through the large meta-events that happen at certain times only.

If you want to check how HoT maps will be like after next expansion, just go to Dry Top a or Silverwastes at random times and try to finish big events. The maps have few people around but nowhere enough and nobody really even attempts the big events anymore. That will be fate of all the HoT maps too. People will play mostly on the new expansion maps, some will still do LS3 maps, and whoever is left is spread thin around all the remaining maps.

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m actually less worried simply because there’s been a lot of people on this forum and in game saying the same thing. Which tells me there’s a lot of people who aren’t done with HoT yet and probably won’t be by the time PoF comes out. Hopefully there’s enough of us that we can keep doing it together.

And yeah, lots of people have only just gotten HoT so they’ll be doing it too.

I’d expect a big drop-off at first because as well as PoF there’s Halloween in October and then Wintersday in December. So it might be the new year before things settle down and we can get an accurate idea of how busy the HoT zones will be in future. But I’d be surprised if they were dead after that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Lemme step into the timemachine and get back to you with all the stuff i found there.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Sure, there will always be some people who have not finished HoT for various reasons. But… while you can do regular maps at any time with any number of players, some champs you may miss because they too strong, but that is fine because maps do not require champs.

I was just running around yesterday killing bounty champs with some random people, there was usually about 5-6 once I put the apple out and announced in the map chat. It was actually fun and we killed them all.

Yet, if you try same thing on the HoT maps… you run into huge problems. not only because they have always been, and still are, impossible for solo players, both because of enemy density/difficulty but also because how extremely annoying it is to travel around. You never know if the area you are trying to reach is on the same height or you have to do huge walkaround over half the map only to discover you have not yet unlocked the required mastery. Having 5-6 players on the map, even when playing as group, is not enough.

Remember, players left to play on the HoT maps are most likely those who do not know what to do, where to go or how meta event even works. The all-knowing-tagged-up-I-have-finished-this-thousand-times-already-guys are all left to new maps where there are better rewards. Which will return us to the HoT problems again – maps are simply terrible to travel around, they require specific number of players who know what to do and coordination and very specific times to gain more rarer rewards. Same problems will remain, but after new expansion is released there will be just fraction of players on the map.

HoT maps post PoF query

Posted by: Zinerith.5203

Zinerith.5203

Your best bet is to join a large guild that regularly does map metas. That’s what I’ve done, and since we regularly do silverwastes and drytop metas, as well as HoT ones, I’m assuming that it will continue to be that way even when we expand to the PoF metas.