HoT will be a mess

HoT will be a mess

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suinz.5968

Suinz.5968

This event really shows it. I don’t understand how all these issues can happen.

Not only that, but the fact that HoT will supposedly contain 4 maps. The expac is supposed to release next MONTH and we haven’t even finished testing all of the first one. Launch is going to be a bug ridden mess. I guarantee it.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Not only that, but the fact that HoT will supposedly contain 4 maps. The expac is supposed to release next MONTH and we haven’t even finished testing all of the first one. Launch is going to be a bug ridden mess. I guarantee it.

They were not going to let us beta test all the maps in the first place, that will be done in thier own in house testing.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Since i was infracted for this in a post for derailment… Ill post it here… still FUNNY AS HELL!

Attachments:

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Only 4 maps??? Blergh…

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

You have absolutely no way to know this OP. Have you even played the beta? It is not as static and limited as this (apparently biggest event they could make without bells and whistles or variety) event turned out. I’m disappointed with it as well but it not particularly representative of my experience in the HoT beta. BWE2 showed a lot of improvement and played better with fewer issues than BWE1. A lot of people complained about the same old tired issues that they dislike about the core game but I will play HoT while I have no interest in this event at all. I don’t want or need any of the rewards offered so I leave the area when the event arrives.

You cannot compare this event to HoT IMO.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Who said it was going to be 4 maps?

Also, I was in the beta for GW2 3 years ago, it only had the level 1-35 zones and yes, it was a bug ridden mess, not a single area was bug free.

For the first 3 months GW2 was chopped full of bugs, glitches and exploits. I remember going outside the map so many times when I stole on my thief.

It was a mess. But kitten the mess was still fun as kitten.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

Only 4 maps??? Blergh…

Supposedly 4 maps (unconfirmed) with 3 levels each… do the math.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Personally I think some folks are way too hung up on the number of maps. They may end up being right in the long run, but we have little info on the size/density/etc. One giant zone overflowing with things to do is worth a lot more than a few small ones with nothing happening.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

It is the track record that almost guarantees Hot will have issues. Just about every new content thing added to gw2 has had bugged events and buggy achievements. Its happened since release. I have come to accept this fact. I accept the fact after every content added to the game there is always a game update/patch to fix something within several hours. Its just the way it is. I played HoT last weekend for first time for few hours and this is some minor issues but that content is watered down to test a few event chains nothing on scale as what will be released all at once on october 23.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Sigh. This event is nothing like HoT beta. The maps are incredibly beautiful and dense, the events are story-driven and challenging but doable (especially if you work together)… not to mention rewarding.

I don’t understand why people keep falling all over themselves to link this to HoT content when this event is way closer to a S1 living story update than a permanent map-driven event chain/area event. They’re totally different beasts.

eta: Also we are not their only testers. Do you really think that? And of course there are going to be bugs – there are bugs in every release of every game ever (stares at WoW, DAI, etc). Anet usually acknowledges and handles them in a timely manner with grace in the face of people wetting themselves into an apoplectic doomsday fit.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

All games are bug ridden messes at launch. I’ve never seen an MMO have a smooth launch. No matter how much testing you do, you will never find everything, and you can never predict what people will do. Yes this 3 day event is a Hot mess, but so was the last one. They learned zip from that, and this one is the same. But that said, they where quick to fix it, the same will be true of HoT at launch. All you have done is state the obvious. This is nothing new.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Exile.2745

Exile.2745

Anet usually acknowledges and handles them in a timely manner with grace in the face of people wetting themselves into an apoplectic doomsday fit.

You probably think insulting people complaining is helpful, but it isn’t. Without the initial feedback (the complaints), ANet would have had no frame of reference to even fix things — they would assume everything is blue sky and rainbows. So whilst it is a very convenient position to attempt to be the voice of reason please try to remember you’d be left with an offline game if people didn’t take the effort to point out things that were wrong, even in the face of people like yourself who might try to insult them for it.

HoT will be a mess

kimeekat.2548

Anet usually acknowledges and handles them in a timely manner with grace in the face of people wetting themselves into an apoplectic doomsday fit.

You probably think insulting people complaining is helpful, but it isn’t. Without the initial feedback (the complaints), ANet would have had no frame of reference to even fix things — they would assume everything is blue sky and rainbows. So whilst it is a very convenient position to attempt to be the voice of reason please try to remember you’d be left with an offline game if people didn’t take the effort to point out things that were wrong, even in the face of people like yourself who might try to insult them for it.

I work in customer service (not for Anet/NCSoft, to be clear) and I deal with various forms of feedback on a daily basis. The feedback ranges from satisfied positive reinforcement, frustrated but constructive, to basically just yelling at me. So my tolerance level for people’s less than constructive feedback toward others is low. This thread is not constructive. This thread is chicken little crying that the sky is falling because an acorn fell on our heads.

There is no constructive feedback in starting a thread just to insult content that many of the posters have not experienced. I’m all for offering up constructive ideas – which there are threads full of right now being encouraged by Anet – but I am not down for people creating imaginary problems and starting threads getting people upset about those imaginary problems.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I don’t understand why people keep falling all over themselves to link this to HoT content when this event is way closer to a S1 living story update than a permanent map-driven event chain/area event. They’re totally different beasts.

I definitely link this failed event to HoT content, because from my point of view as customer/consumer it is some kind of spoiler or trailer content to the upcoming events in HoT. A part of the upcoming content is shown here to motivate more players to want and buy HoT. From a marketing point of view, this makes absolutely sense.

Hey, this is the first new content after how many months? 8 months? After 8 months of waiting and HoT to be released in only one more month, I expected that we get a nice carefully designed and balanced living-story-like introduction or transition to the soon-to-be-happen events in HoT. In such a trailer, spoiler or demo I expect to see some part or concept of the future content. And you say now this is not like HoT will be? I almost cannot believe it.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

The event came out yesterday, and bugfixes to it (not perfect fixes, but a start) came out less than 24 hours later. I dont care if HOT is buggy (btw, 10000 gold to whoever can point out a major mmo launch that had no bugs), if stuff gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time then who cares.

If anything was poorly done by anet, it was deciding to even release something like this in the first place. Seriously, even if it wasnt buggy, did anyone expect this event to be different than a giant zergfest?

Better to ignore the people whining for temporary content for something to do before the xpac launches and spend that development time on bug testing permanent content that will come out next month.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

HoT will be a mess

Exile.2745

I work in customer service (not for Anet/NCSoft, to be clear) and I deal with various forms of feedback on a daily basis. The feedback ranges from satisfied positive reinforcement, frustrated but constructive, to basically just yelling at me. So my tolerance level for people’s less than constructive feedback toward others is low.

Well first of all I’m sorry you don’t enjoy your employment and that you feel that it has affected your tolerable levels for dealing with people on a day-to-day basis complaining about their experience with products. Perhaps this sort of conversation is not for you if you are so jaded. When I was very young one of my first jobs was in customer service and (despite the occasional bad-mannered person) I thoroughly enjoyed being able to help people solve their problems from start-to-finish. Seems like you are so jaded you’d rather insult people and again, I’m sorry for that. You’ve clearly had a rough run of luck with whom you have dealt with.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I definitely link this failed event to HoT content, because from my point of view as customer/consumer it is some kind of spoiler or trailer content to the upcoming events in HoT. A part of the upcoming content is shown here to motivate more players to want and buy HoT. From a marketing point of view, this makes absolutely sense.

Hey, this is the first new content after how many months? 8 months? After 8 months of waiting and HoT to be released in only one more month, I expected that we get a nice carefully designed and balanced living-story-like introduction or transition to the soon-to-be-happen events in HoT. In such a trailer, spoiler or demo I expect to see some part or concept of the future content. And you say now this is not like HoT will be? I almost cannot believe it.

you are simply wrong.

playing the beta would let you know the content is not like this terrible invasion event at all.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

Who said it was going to be 4 maps?

/snip

http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/maguuma

Under the The Jungle section it says “You’ll journey through four of the largest, most diverse and replayable maps ever built in the world of Guild Wars”

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Now I know where the term “Hot mess” came from. :o

HoT will be a mess

kimeekat.2548

I work in customer service (not for Anet/NCSoft, to be clear) and I deal with various forms of feedback on a daily basis. The feedback ranges from satisfied positive reinforcement, frustrated but constructive, to basically just yelling at me. So my tolerance level for people’s less than constructive feedback toward others is low.

Well first of all I’m sorry you don’t enjoy your employment and that you feel that it has affected your tolerable levels for dealing with people on a day-to-day basis complaining about their experience with products. Perhaps this sort of conversation is not for you if you are so jaded. When I was very young one of my first jobs was in customer service and (despite the occasional bad-mannered person) I thoroughly enjoyed being able to help people solve their problems from start-to-finish. Seems like you are so jaded you’d rather insult people and again, I’m sorry for that. You’ve clearly had a rough run of luck with whom you have dealt with.

Thank you for your concern but I like my job just fine. It’s the leaps of logic and slippery slope’ing, which I have experienced being on the other end of, that I take issue with. When a customer tries to drag material they haven’t even been in contact with, that raises some red flags on my BS Radar.

I agree, it’s a huge bummer that this event has turned out this way. I expected more, too. You’re seeing “a concept” in that you’re seeing the mordrem. But there is just no possible way it can adequately represent HoT. First of all, you’re missing masteries (gliding, the mushrooms, plus the ones that give you fighting benefits against certain mordrem), not to mention the atmosphere (3 levels, literally learning about cultures through mastery) and story-driven events (every event has a REASON or a bigger mythos in the area, even the little shooting challenges).

The major technical issues in this event are 1) bugged rewards and 2) credit for events/working together. Rewards in HoT are not bugged; beta testers were getting loot normally even if some of the loot was placeholder like those little questionmark drops. No one in the beta that I’m aware of was having a problem getting a reward. The rewards are not set up by a personal/map buff system in HoT like it is in this event. Mobs drop loot. You get credit. The events are great fun. I don’t know what to say beyond that, really.

HoT will be a mess

Exile.2745

When a customer tries to drag material they haven’t even been in contact with, that raises some red flags on my BS Radar.

I guess that’s fair enough although I never possessed a ‘BS Radar’ when I worked in that form of employment. I just assumed that everyone complaining was doing it for a genuine reason and not for BS or fun. I guess that is why I succeeded beyond that role and was given further responsibilities.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Now I know where the term “Hot mess” came from. :o

LOL XD

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Since the Living Story 2, the word that has kept coming up with each new content update has simply been “lazy.” I really want to believe that it is because they have been devoting their efforts to HoT.

HoT will be a mess

kimeekat.2548

When a customer tries to drag material they haven’t even been in contact with, that raises some red flags on my BS Radar.

I guess that’s fair enough although I never possessed a ‘BS Radar’ when I worked in that form of employment. I just assumed that everyone complaining was doing it for a genuine reason and not for BS or fun. I guess that is why I succeeded beyond that role and was given further responsibilities.

I’m not gonna passive aggressively measure kittens with you about my job, though you’re doing a fabulous job of trying to goad me into it, so pump the breaks on your concern-trolling and condescension, please. I’m glad you’ve never had to deal with a customer who won’t provide proof of purchase or warranty registration but expects free product anyways despite their model being obviously 10+ years old due to the design and therefore outside of warranty anyways (and calls every few weeks trying to get a different office employee who hasn’t turned them down), a customer who is misusing the product (which they send photos of!) but feels it is your fault despite the inclusion of instructions on the package and website and the notice that improper use voids the warranty… etc.

I love helping people but just because they complain does not make them correct or knowledgeable.

So no, I don’t particularly feel that listening to a complaint about a product the person hasn’t even used is worth anyone’s time or energy. Especially when the basis of the complaint (HoT map events are structured exactly the same as the temporary events this weekend) is completely wrong. Will there be some bugs? Probably. There always are in any launch. Beta weekend 2 was much better in that regard than Beta weekend 1, but I don’t see that being brought up.

By all means, ignore the people who are here saying that HoT (beta) is nothing like this and continue to encourage people to work themselves up over it. I’m just here to tell those who are genuinely worried about HoT that beta is nothing like this event and not to let the crowd-sourced fury over this disappointing weekend event to spoil something you haven’t even experienced.

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Forlio.6043

Forlio.6043

So no, I don’t particularly feel that listening to a complaint about a product the person hasn’t even used is worth anyone’s time or energy.

Seems to have been worth your time and energy for last hour.

HoT will be a mess

Exile.2745

I’m not gonna passive aggressively measure kittens with you about my job, though you’re doing a fabulous job of trying to goad me into it, so pump the breaks on your concern-trolling and condescension, please.

I assure you I’m attempting to do nothing of the sort and thus this will be my last posting in direct response to you in this thread on this subject. I merely wished to explain my own thoughts to you in a way you may take as advice but I guess this was completely lost on you (perhaps because of your previously identified jadedness). If anything I was trying to just be friendly. I’m truly sorry for any offence I’ve caused. I will not reply further and I will let you have the last word in this.

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Will there still be bugs during HoT release? Yes

Will there still be broken events upon release? Yes

Despite all testing, inside and BWEs, something will still be missed, and something will still break, as it wasn’t tested under as much pressure as the current player base.

If you expect it to be perfect out of the box, I got some beans I can sell you

HoT will be a mess

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I just want my tiger hammer ^_^