HoT will be nightmare

HoT will be nightmare

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

The servers can’t even handle the non American primetime players trying to patch a 1 gig patch (or less?). Imagine thousands of people trying to install HoT when it drops. Seriously, we preordered the expansion, let us prepatch or get some kitten servers that aren’t ran off of GLaDOS potatoes

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The servers can’t even handle the non American primetime players trying to patch a 1 gig patch (or less?). Imagine thousands of people trying to install HoT when it drops. Seriously, we preordered the expansion, let us prepatch or get some kitten servers that aren’t ran off of GLaDOS potatoes

Yep, and ignore the knights that will jump on you. It is definitely a short coming on Anets’ side.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: odrez.8409

odrez.8409

mimimimi

the servers of an mmorpg are down for a few hours

mimimimi

so new for me
things will never be fixed
future looks bad

mimimi

Sorry, but things like this happen and I guess we can spare Arena Net the insults and complains. I guess everyone who is capable of fixing this is already working as hard as he/she can to resolve this.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m pretty sure they would have us download it during the release week and then run an update that unlocks it.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

If you played in the last few weeks your client already has a quite significant amount of content from HoT.

There is no extra client for the beta weekends. Todays patch for sure included tons of content including parts of not all of the raid which can be tested this comming weekend. Whenever you patched for the last several months you always got parts of HoT.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

Ah. I guess we are actually downloading it already. Overreacted then, my bad.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Cyn.1594

Cyn.1594

Be prepared to wait anyway. WoW had a bunch of pre-patches for Warlords of Draenor and launch was still a nightmare. There were people who waited until after the weekend to log in.
Launches are not usually smooth.

Twisted Inventors of Tyria [ZAP]
Sanctum of Rall

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

As far as I can remember download speeds was never hindered as bad as it was with this last patch. Even during the beta events just before the release of GW2. The only thing I can think that might have changed that is the game going F2P. So there is bound to be more connections and probably more download stalling during these larger patches in the near future.

HoT will be nightmare

Blude.6812

mimimimi

the servers of an mmorpg are down for a few hours

mimimimi

so new for me
things will never be fixed
future looks bad

mimimi

Sorry, but things like this happen and I guess we can spare Arena Net the insults and complains. I guess everyone who is capable of fixing this is already working as hard as he/she can to resolve this.

Having the ability to recognize and plan for high demand days would be much better than trying to solve a problem after the fact, when it could have been avoided in the 1st place.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

New launch are always difficult. We can’t ask company to quadruple their infrastructure just for one or two day. There is this thing called reality.

I’m planning a small LAN with a couple of friend for Launch, but we prepared other stuff to do in case server shutdown or something. We’ll have fun anyway

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Rule #1 of MMOs:

Don’t play on launch day.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

HoT will be nightmare

Blude.6812

New launch are always difficult. We can’t ask company to quadruple their infrastructure just for one or two day. There is this thing called reality.

I’m planning a small LAN with a couple of friend for Launch, but we prepared other stuff to do in case server shutdown or something. We’ll have fun anyway

3 year old game should have enough experience to deal with this. And yes we can ask the company to deal with it. That is reality.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: FrigginPaco.4178

FrigginPaco.4178

A lot of the new game has been patched in already (I think).

Just remember, it could be Diablo III’s launch…

Anyone who dealt with it will tell you it was the worst high pop launch in recent memory.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: odrez.8409

odrez.8409

Having the ability to recognize and plan for high demand days would be much better than trying to solve a problem after the fact, when it could have been avoided in the 1st place.

I know what you mean by that and I would agree, if not being a developer (and earlier test-manager) myself would’ve teached me that things never work out exactly as planned. I’m very confident that they did a lot of planning, but things got messy as soon as the patch was out. Often this has more to do with the dynamic of different teams working together on a release than on the individual planning.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

3 year old game should have enough experience to deal with this. And yes we can ask the company to deal with it. That is reality.

No you dont actually…. there are literally thousands and thousands of machine configurations they have to account for, making sure each section of code works for all makes and models. The best laid plans often dont work as in “reality”. Now git your Knickers out of your sand trap and chill while they fix it… kitten …

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

You realize that all of these patches before HoT include some HoT content…much of HoT is already in the game and thus would not need to be downloaded come Oct 23rd. Obviously there will still be stuff to download but not as much as you’re thinking.

Besides, patches screwing up and not being able to DL for everyone at once happens all the time in GW2. It clears up fairly quickly, and once it does there are no problems. I don’t see the problem.

HoT will be nightmare

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You realize that all of these patches before HoT include some HoT content…much of HoT is already in the game and thus would not need to be downloaded come Oct 23rd. Obviously there will still be stuff to download but not as much as you’re thinking.

Besides, patches screwing up and not being able to DL for everyone at once happens all the time in GW2. It clears up fairly quickly, and once it does there are no problems. I don’t see the problem.

Patch server issues isn’t much of a concern since that generally clears up within a few minutes(CDN taking a bit of time to notice the spike in demand?). Login server issues would have been a cause for concern …