Holiday Jumping Puzzles

Holiday Jumping Puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shun.9475

Shun.9475

After erasing 6 chapters of angry all-caps rants on how much the holiday jumping puzzles and the byproduct emotions that would kill cats/dogs that lay on the head or lap.

I’m just going post 3 short features of holiday jumping puzzles the scream why the designer and creator(s) are terrible at their respective jobs.

1. TIME LIMITS ON VERTICAL MAPS
All this does basically does letting people with high end PCs the capacity of accurately sensing the location AND time on the SIMPLEST forward jumps. While on lower end older laptops, this is a freaking nightmare. It’s hard a.f. already to detect your forward motions at 8fps, then you can’t just sit and figure out where you are, you are forced to jump forward and fail 80% of the time.

THIS LITERALLY WASTES OUR TIME FOR FRUSTRATIONS SAKE AND THE CHANCES OF FEELING GLAD ARE VERY SLIM GOING UP, which leads me to my next feature…

2. Janky VERTICAL maps using a janky video game camera.

The winter Holiday map toned down the the swirly hell that was in october, BUT IT’S STILL A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I have to move my camera over and over for each direction the tiles go, but when you play at 8fps IT LITERALLY LAGS THE SCREEN TO EXTREMES. THE FPS DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER WITH ALL THE SNOWFALL

3. WEATHER

snow + wind + dank atmosphere =more lag than the usual 8 FPS = impossible to clear = slam keyboard/mouse rage.

Holiday Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

So you’re essentially saying they should design content to be playable at 8 FPS?

Holiday Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

On point 1: If you’re getting 8 FPS even at the lowest possible graphics settings, then it’s time to upgrade your potato toaster laptop.

Point 2: see point 1.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Holiday Jumping Puzzles

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

So, MMO’s require half decent laptops/desktops to be able to be played at reasonable fps. How is it a game designers fault your hardware isn’t up to scratch?

Kitten.