Holosmith Feedback and sugestions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Firstly, I’m very impressed with his skills, very aesthetics and also powerful, great idea the use of solar energy, it makes the engineers more futurists! Nice touch heat bar, also not a problem if you stop in time before overheat. Better than Scrapper I think.

Also, we gain access to right handed sword, so why don’t gain also access to left handed sword? :/ Or gain access to great sword? It’s stupid, it makes new skills in 1,2,3 slots in hotbar whereas 4 and 5 still old skills, for scrapper for instance, all skills were news not only left ones.

Secondly, the icon: Holosmith icon remind me bio-hazard icon which is for poison, viruses and so on… It would be better to replace it with a clear one like an hexagonal fractured tile who remind hexagonal holographic platforms from asuras! This actual icon seem better for a plagues based profession.

So, for Holosmith it will be better to have special skills: When in your right hand, sword change skills from other weapons: Pistol and Shield skills change to I don’t know, Light charged bullet and thermal enhanced shield? And we can improve it more:
Engineer is the profession with the less possibilities of weapons, only 6 can be used whereas the better is gardian or warrior with 13. So why not adding uses of great sword to engineer? since a man can use a sword, I don’t see why he can’t use a great one!

Attachments:

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Engineer is the profession with the less possibilities of weapons, only 6 can be used whereas the better is gardian or warrior with 13.

The whole idea of Engineer class is the ability to equip different weapon kits that provide completely new skills unavailable for other classes. Bombs, grenades, flamethrower etc are all basically extra weapons, you just put them into utility slot.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

For sure, I agree with you, but these utilitaries must be classed in somes bags: For me Elixir Pistol and Flamethrower are a sub-class for rifle, so for me just another appearance for a riffle.

We aren’t the only class with “kits”, just the skills appearance change, for engineer it’s kit, for elementalist “elemental weapons”, and surely another things for other classes.

Of course you get some new skills with them, but these kits are only a brick to help you building your build, your manner to play the class, to compare with, it’s like fire great sword or ice bow from elementalist, they are utilities, yes you can use them but they are not a completely weapon since it disappear after a time. And yes I know, you will retort by “you can stay with kits as long as you want”. I also notice this point, but if you add Mines, Bombs which I count as one (Anti-terrestrial) pistol elixir and flamethrower count also as one (riffles alternate), we get 8 weapons, it still worst. :/

-The fact is just, if you allow a player to use a sword in one of his hand, I don’t see why he can’t use another ones. It’s just logic, also when Holosmith specialization is chosen, it should change skill from other weapons, not only sword! :o As elementalist for the element chosen. So I agreed with all you say, but as you said it yourself “utility”.

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!