Home Instance Changes Based On Personal Story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive list of home instance changes based on personal story, so here is what I’ve discovered so far, either by playing the game or from research on the Guild Wars 2 wiki.

Norn Home Instance Changes

*A shaman will appear in your home instance representing one of the four animal spirits. The shaman you get depends on the animal totem you choose.

*If you selected “protecting the Mysts,” Havroun Valda (formerly Apprentice Valda) will appear in your home instance.

• If your chose to get revenge on your rival, Balteus Bloodletter (a charr) will appear in your home instance.
  • If you choose “Protect the Spirits” a minotaur spirit will appear in your home instance.
  • If you choose “Lost an Heirloom” a Kodan will appear in your home instance.

Sylvari Home Instance Changes

• The firstborn of which ever cycle you chose during character creation will appear in your home instance.
  • If you selected the Shield of the Moon in character creation, Warden Llewyr will appear in your home instance next to the practice dummies and Tiachren’s shield (the Shield of the Moon) will appear hanging from a tree.
  • If you selected “Where life goes, so too should you,” one of the Warden captains you rescued during your personal storyline will appear in your home instance. I assumed Captain Banya would appear in your home instance, since you can invite her to stay at your garden while she heals, but I have not been able to find her.
  • The White Stag will move into your home instance if you rescue it.
  • If you kill the Green Knight his helmet will hang from a tree in your home instance and Gairwen will appear in your home instance.
  • If you select the crescent moon shield, a random valiant/warden will appear in your home instance.
  • If you chose “Act with wisdom, but act,” Larra, the asura from the quest line, will appear in your home instance.

Charr Home Instance Changes

*As you collect members for your warband, each one will appear in your home instance, including your sparring partner.

Asura Home Instance Changes

*The mentor you selected during character creation will appear in your home instance.

• If you chose the college of Synergetics, an asura named Bezia will appear in your home instance. You will see her immediately upon entering the instance, she is across from the gate.
  • If you chose the weather machine as your first invention, a sylvari named Peredur will appear in your home instance.

Human Home Instance Changes

• A priest or priestess will appear in your home instance representing the god or goddess you selected during character creation.
  • If you selected the street rat origin, Riot Alice will appear in your home instance in a back alley. Quinn will not appear whether you saved him or not, however, the dialogue of some of the npc’s will change depending on your decision. I’m not sure if this is a bug.
  • If you selected the unknown parents storyline during character creation, Exemplar Mehid and Exemplar Salia will appear in your home instance, however, their names will not display. I’m not sure if this is a bug.
  • Even if you didn’t select the commoner storyline, Andrew and Petra will appear in your home instance. Petra will be upstairs in the inn.

All Races

• Depending on what racial sympathy you choose, a group of that race will appear in your home instance, usually accompanied by an npc from the quest line.
  • After joining either the Drumand Priory, Order of Whispers, or the Vigil, the representative that recruited you should appear in your home instance. Note: The Order of Whispers representative for norns appears in your home instance regardless of order you choose. This may be a bug.
  • After the Battle of Claw Island, Lionguard Mira should appear in your home instance, however, she is bugged and may appear in your home instance before she appears in your personal story. Mira is injured during the Battle of Claw Island. As a result her hair is gone, she is missing an eye, and she has scars to reflect her injured state. Note: In some home instances she does not appear injured. Instead she wears her full Lionguard regalia.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

good thread, i will try and add to it if i find anything else.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

My guildie noticed a dragon see saw in the human instance (next to the LS rewards). I also have it in my instance so we couldn’t compare what we have/haven’t done. I know it’s a bit off topic but wondering if anyone knows where it comes from…

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, there is the dragon teeter-totter at the orphanage. Maybe it comes from choosing that option in the Human PS.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

My main is a Norn , i choosed the Priory order and i helped the Hylek in my personal story.

If i go with my Norn in the human home instance .. there is a bunch of frog where my Krait obelisk appear .. you can go in any home instance of any race with any toon … Things will appear at different place but it will always match your story of the current toon you use.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Well, there is the dragon teeter-totter at the orphanage. Maybe it comes from choosing that option in the Human PS.

It is always there for my characters I run for keys.