Home Instance Nodes

Home Instance Nodes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ol Nicodemus.8104

Ol Nicodemus.8104

So, I don’t know about anybody else, but I’m a huge proponent of decking out my home instance. That being said, I had the unfortunate incident of removing my only ability to complete Orphan Laine’s challenge which would allow me to acquire the Gift of Magnanimity along with the Star of Gratitude from completing the For the Children collection. The unfortunate incident is that I destroyed Orphan Laine’s Letter before activating the Grawnk Munch storyline chain. From what I had heard, it was just reiterating what I had already read in the mail, so I just removed it from my mail because I didn’t want to see it there anymore. Now, looking back, I feel quite foolish. Most home instance objects that come from in-game content tend to be available from the Laurel Merchant, but this seems to be the only item that does not.

Does ANYBODY know a way around this where I can get it into my home instance? Devs, is there any way to acquire just the Orphan Laine’s Letter from the Laurel Merchant? I would love to get some feedback because messaging you on Twitter doesn’t seem to have an effect (which makes sense based on the amount of messages you must receive a day).

PS: It makes it even worse that EVERY single time I do a Jumping Puzzle, I am constantly mocked by the game by receiving a Mysterious Grubby Package...

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Contact support and see if they can send you another one.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

…are you aven able to continue the chain now that the event has ended? I was sure that the grawl got removed from the instance for all those that didn’t finish the event whether they read the letter or not.
And for your information, i doubt that the letter is important, as i am also quite sure that i started the chain before i read the letter.

Edit: interesting, seems you can, in fact, still continue the chain if you didn’t finish it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Home Instance Nodes

Ol Nicodemus.8104

Yeah, my buddy was able to continue it. I’ll see what I can do about contacting support. Anybody know if there’s a way around it in the meantime?

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Make a new character, or so, i think you get the letter. I had to destroy 3 letters, after i completed it, so their must be new sources for letters.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Home Instance Nodes

Ol Nicodemus.8104

I created a new character since the beginning of the Wintersday event. It’s a Sylvari Necromancer. The interesting thing: I only received one Letter from Orphan Laine on my entire account.

Home Instance Nodes

Ol Nicodemus.8104

Just an FYI, I submitted a support ticket. If anything comes from this submission I’ll let you all know.

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

I don’t think the letter actually really matters. I still have the letter and got excited from your post, but it seems that I can’t actually find Grawnk in any of the instances, even though I’ve seen on videos where to look, I’ve also tried most of my characters and not finding anyone.

I’m under the assumption that if you STARTED the event during Wintersday then you can complete it, but if you never started then you cannot.

Edit:
Do you know anyone who still has him in their instance? I can see if my letter works in their instance, but I’m not seeing him in any of mine. And the friends I have who have the star also don’t see him in there.

(edited by MagicSlurpees.4851)

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hard to say. Wiki says you can.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk%27s_Heart#Grawnk_Munch
“You can still finish the scavenger hunt and feed Grawnk the delicacies after Wintersday 2014 ended. When you go to your home instance, Grawnk and the orphan will still show up. Talk to Grawnk and he will tell you where Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone is and you can still find him, although his icon won’t show up on the map like it did during Wintersday. After feeding him three times, you will still get the collection unlock item and you can then go do the jumping puzzles to get the ornaments. Once done, you will receive credit for the achievement and get your home instance node and the Orphan’s Generous Gift.”

Presumably the chef is still available in town to buy what you need and the Grawl and orphan will be there if the story is active. However it does say finish. Which suggests the story needed to be started before the end of Wintersday 2014.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

Yeah I saw that too, and it only occurred to me now to look at the history of the page.:
The revision that added that mention also has a note that says:
“(Added a note that explains that you can still finish the scavenger hunt and get credit if you had already started it during Wintersday)”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Warming_Grawnk%27s_Heart&action=history

OP probably did not start it during Wintersday, and neither did I, so it seems unlikely you will be able to get it. Unless Anet support go super boss mode and trigger the flag for your account to be able to finish it, assuming it’s not too difficult for them to do.

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

Maybe Anet could bring that node with the Star of Gratidude again under a new form of event, as filler content before HoT. I also have the letter but no way to start the quest

Home Instance Nodes

Ol Nicodemus.8104

Wow, that’s really unfortunate. That’s right though; I never started it during Wintersday. I don’t see the point in saying you can have this from one holiday event (referring to the candy corn node) and not a different node from another holiday for the home instance. Isn’t Anet wanting us to develop our home instance? I honestly don’t mind spending the laurels and gold if that’s what it takes, but this should for sure be something that is still able to be acquired.

It could be possible to have it as filler content before HoT, but I’m not going to hold my breath for that. It’s rare that anyone would bring holiday storyline back to the game if that holiday has passed. Maybe we could have “Christmas in July?”

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

In the worst case scenario, I imagine they’ll bring it back next Wintersday. This would allow people who never had a chance to get the star to be able to get it.

It’s a little silly that you were not able to complete it because you threw that letter away though. Hopefully support can help you out.

In my case, I had started but hadn’t finished the scavenger hunt during Wintersday, but it remained active following Wintersday, and I was able to complete it for the star.

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: Fawx.9064

Fawx.9064

No new info here, but I can add what I did.

I fed the grawl during Wintersday, and got to the bit where I needed to do the JPs. Then I got lazy and stopped. The orphan is still there waiting for me to finish it, so presumably as long as you fed him during the event, you are fine to carry on.

Rotate Harder [rH]
Possibly the worst chronotank EU.

Home Instance Nodes

Posted by: nickachu.9302

nickachu.9302

Uh, am I the only one who was unaware of all the different nodes that are also available on the Trading Post too! It’s pricey but SUPER AWESOME!