Home Server Transfer

Home Server Transfer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kefka.9247

Kefka.9247

Look, I want to put this out there. I’ve stayed up hoping to catch Sea of Sorrows available for transfer for over 24 hours. I know get a hobby right? My guild mates are there, and they are why I am here. Now, I get it’s full, and these things take time. However in attempting to watch the server status I am missing out on actually playing the game. Why can’t I spend my gems, put in a request, and just have my request automated in a queue? I mean, I spent cash money with Anet for the gems to make the switch. How about you guys put in place a realistic method so that I don’t have to sit here doing legwork a simple bit of code could be handling. I know I am not alone in this frustration. Can we please get a fix to this?

“Lure with bait. Strike with chaos.” ~Sun Tzu~

Home Server Transfer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’ve stayed up hoping to catch Sea of Sorrows available for transfer for over 24 hours.

It doesn’t work like that anymore. They changed the way server populations are determined awhile back. It only depends on WvW population now and it is more of a moving average (not sure on how wide a span, but my guess is 24 hours minimum, probably longer) than moment to moment.

Home Server Transfer

Kefka.9247

It’s pretty bogus that we as customers should have to know that though don’t you think? Just put my intentions in a queue, and shoot me an e-mail when it happens.

Home Server Transfer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

yeah, I get where you are coming from. But in terms of what to do right now, I’d suggest checking when you log on, then go play. Check once more when you log off if you like. But it could be weeks or even months before anything changes. Tarnished Coast actually went from full to very high recently and stayed that way at least a few days, so there is hope.

Home Server Transfer

Kefka.9247

It may take until the new shiny wears off the expansion, or Fallout hits. I’m going to relax about it, but I hadn’t ever seen anyone write about the absence of a queue, so I needed to put it out there.