Home instance nodes

Home instance nodes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tornado.6932

Tornado.6932

Hi, I’m going to jump to the point and say that I believe that the ore/tree/plant nodes in the home instance should receive a buff.

Before you try lynch me and chase me around with torches, hear me out:
I’m talking about the resource nodes available to buy at 800 gems each. Which are the basic ore node pack, the basic lumber pack and the basic plant pack.

Let’s take the ore pack. The pack gives you the ability to mine basic nodes of copper, silver and gold for the normal 3 ticks/day (3x the metal). If we take the average selling price of each ore per day we would get:
Copper: 3*1s06c = 3s18c
Silver: 3*18c= 54c
Gold: 3*65c=1s95c
Total per day = 5s 67c
Cost of the pack = 800 gems (10$) = approx. 210g
Days needed to break even = around 3703 days or 10 years of daily farming if we ignore the market fees and pickaxes cost. The same logic (and fate) applies to plants and trees.

My suggestion would be to transform all those normal nodes into rich one (8-10 ticks) or a grade better (like 20 ticks per node). If that buff (upgraded to 20 ticks) happens we would cut the literal decade of farming to around 287 days.
Now, before someone cries outrage by saying that would break the game by making it pay-to-win, I would like to say that the home nodes can only be mined one time per day per account and multiple peeps can enter the instance. And that at the current rate, you can make 5 times as much more ore just by running around for 10 minute than the daily home farm. I do believe that the buff should only be applied to the ‘’normal’’ nodes and not the special one like the aurilium, bloodstone, quartz, candy/king candy and sprockets.

What do you think of my proposition? Do I live in a complete delusion?
PS: I bought all available nodes on the gem market (including the leater/ cloth racks) because I like to share my instance with other players. If it was for my personal use, it would be a complete waste of gems.

Home instance nodes

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

It’s more of a convenience item than a way to generate gold. I wouldn’t be opposed to aa buff, but don’t see the need.

Home instance nodes

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

You’ve deliberately taken the one worthless pack to prove your point instead of talking about the more profitable ones (all the rest).

That being said, the point of home instance nodes is not to save money on mats, just like Airship Passes are not there to make you save money on WP: they’re convenience items. They’re simply here to give you a little bit of mats every day, you wouldn’t farm otherwise.

I didn’t buy Snow or Orrian Truffle nodes because they were cheaper in the long run than buying stacks of them for my crafting. I bought them because I know I can now craft an extra one or two Trufle Steaks every day, which is exactly what I need. Without them, I wouldn’t craft any at all since I rarely go to Orr / FS to farm them.

So no. Not signed. Home instance nodes are fine as they are.

EDIT – One more reason not to want that: that would cheapen even more the price of deldrimor / spritwood.

(edited by Sir Mad.1092)

Home instance nodes

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I don’t think they need to be buffed. Sure it doesn’t make that much money but saves me time. I can do most of the “daily mat gatherers” right in my home instance because I have either purchased or gotten other nodes from BL chests.

I too like to let others farm my instance for their convenience as well. That is why I have worked hard to get all the nodes out there. (Except the flax node which is still WAY to expensive IMO to just buy outright.)

Home instance nodes

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

As people are pointing out, the problem ain’t the amount you can gather from each node daily. All that would do is make the mats even more useless. If you really want those node to a better investment you want to add worthwhile sinks for those mats to make the mats more valuable, not inflating the economy with those mats even further.

Home instance nodes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My suggestion would be to transform all those normal nodes into rich one (8-10 ticks) or a grade better (like 20 ticks per node). If that buff (upgraded to 20 ticks) happens we would cut the literal decade of farming to around 287 days.

Why? People buy the nodes for the convenience, not because of their financial value.

If your goal is getting lots of mats, convert your gems into gold and buy the mats on the TP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Home instance nodes

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The nodes aren’t supposed to be profitable, it’s meant for flavor so your home instance isn’t empty and might help with a gathering daily.

Even if you could reclaim the cost in 1 year, it still wouldn’t be worth it due to opportunity cost. You could have taken the 200g and invested in various materials and probably make more profit much faster. And then use the profit to make even more profit.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Home instance nodes

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Like others in this thread, I have to agree that home instance nodes are meant for convenience, not so you can break even on them quickly. Flavorwise it would be cool though if they have a small chance of being a rich node every day (similar to how the HI quartz node has a small chance to give you 15 quartz or a charged quartz when you mine it every day), but again not a necessity. That would be more of a cool factor, brighten up your day when it happens to you.

Home instance nodes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If not buffed I wish they could have the chance of extra harvesting that modes on regular maps have. As it is now, if you have 3 of one type you can’t get the daily from your home instance. You always have to make an extra trip elsewhere to get that last harvest. It’d be nice if you had the possibility of getting a full daily from 3 nodes, just like regular nodes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Home instance nodes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If not buffed I wish they could have the chance of extra harvesting that modes on regular maps have. As it is now, if you have 3 of one type you can’t get the daily from your home instance. You always have to make an extra trip elsewhere to get that last harvest. It’d be nice if you had the possibility of getting a full daily from 3 nodes, just like regular nodes.

I suspect that they wanted to control the amount of mats flowing in from ‘private’ nodes.

However, I’m with you: I’d rather see more consistency in the game. Gathering boosts shouldn’t become useless just because you enter a home instance and MF should apply to drops from instances (which now come from bags, instead of directly from the foes).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”