Home instance nodes placement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So today is Shiverpeaks miner and those astute probably are going to know what I’m going to talk about.

The Norn home instance is awful!

Certain home instances have really, really awkward placement almost to the point where it almost defeats the purpose of acquiring these nodes. Most of the time I prefer the Asuran one, but apparently the Jade Shard one is way out there too.

A minor issue, but I’d just like to bring it up.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Yeh

Norn is truly bad
Charr one isnt the best one
Sylvari could be better too
Human is good
Asura is best

Would be nice if Arenanet could put all Norn nodes closer to the spawn point and keep it on one level of the instance maybe
And maybe some small adjustments for Charr (although i didnt check Charr one for a long time since i just decided to always use my Asura for Home Instance mining since it is just so much better compared to the others)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The Charr one isn’t TOO bad except they for some reason hide the Wintersday Tree behind some corner.

I don’t think they like that holiday much. That actually either breaks or enhances my immersion.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The Charr one isn’t TOO bad except they for some reason hide the Wintersday Tree behind some corner.

I don’t think they like that holiday much. That actually either breaks or enhances my immersion.

The Wintersday tree being hidden by a random vehicle is one of the nicest touches about the charr home instance.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I always use the Norn instance because I am a Norn!

TBH, I don’t mind the layout. I gather there every day and I have lots of nodes so there is a nice logical route around them all and it doesn’t exactly take a long time. I can see that if you only wanted the mining nodes that they layout is not ideal though.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I don’t just use Applied Development Lab because I have a lot of asura characters, I also use it because it’s the easiest for home instance farming.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

+1 for the OP
I’d like to see the node locations reconsidered to be more practical, not just to fit the style/design of the instance.

I almost only ever go to Rata’s home instance, because the others are so much more difficult to navigate — Shiverpeak Miner is faster in Frostgorge sound than in Hoelbrak.

And Rata was super easy up until they added the Jade Shard node, which is somewhere north of Siberia.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

i find the charr one the worst. Norn isnt too bad at least for today’s miner, providing you have sprocket, candy corn and quartz, since they’re right there much like in asura and human. So Illconceived exaggerates a bit on that one with frostgorge being faster lol.

I can’t speak for this jade node though, i feel those things are a huge waste of gold to get and don’t ever plan on getting them. If they were story related like when i got sprocket, candy corn or quartz requiring 0 gold and just doing achievements, then id go for them.

Personally i would love it if we could move them around in our home to how we want them, much like how you can move decorations in guild hall.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Sylvari, as much as I love to play them, have the absolute worst home instance. The trees are outside the portal and if you don’t position yourself right for chopping, you’re kicked from the instance. Same goes for the HoT chests. You can see them from the inside, but can’t reach them unless you walk the fine instance line on the outside! The gift tree is up one of four spiralling bridges… which one was it again? And I hope you like climbing spirals to try to find the bandit chest on any given day! It may be pretty if you have time to waste, but it’s a PitA to navigate for gathers.

Thank goodness Rata Sum counts as maguma because I never want to visit the Grove home instance. Hoelbrak may be spread out, but at least it’s straight forward.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Yeh
Sylvari could be better too

I literally have no idea what you’re talking about the sylvari one is so bad i flat out refuse to use it ever. Like I have no clue what they were smoking when they designed the sylvari instance like some of those nodes are in the most confusing random spots and I have to visit other home instances just to make sure i get them all so i just go to the asuran one every time its maguuma x and skip the ordeal altogether.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I shudder at the sylvari one and can never find anything in there. Unfortunately I mined my human node instance yesterday so it looks like I will be doing some mining in non-instanced areas this afternoon.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m waiting for a custom home instance that lets me place all of these gatherables in a sensible layout. :\

Then again, if it did that, it wouldn’t count for regional gathering dailies, so I’m a bit conflicted.

But ugh, that Norn instance is so bad. So is the Sylvari one. Terrible.
Human feels like the best track, since I can make a decent circuit and am always near vendors there. Charr and Asura home instances are at least reasonably laid out.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Yeah, the sylvari one, in addition to a horrible layout, is the furthest from pretty much anything. Unless you were completing the zone you would probably not come across it by accident.

With the nodes I have (the 3 in hot, the 4 so far in LS3, wintersday tree, and candycane) it seems the best layout is the human instance. The charr is not bad one you know where everything is except that you need to go under a platform to get the petrified wood.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I thought the norn one was good because it wasn’t all cluttered. I had the pathing down pretty tight though with knowing things like how to jump over the stair rails and using lightning reflexes/ ancestral grace. I do like the human one now because of the ambient conversations though.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I have all nodes and harvestables in my home instance and my order of preferance is:

Human – Best Aesthetic IMO and 2nd easiest to farm.
Asura – Nice aesthetic and easiest to farm.
Norn – 2nd best aesthetic IMO but very spread out.
Char – OK aesthetic and very spread out.
Sylvari – Nice aesthetic but most awkward to farm IMO.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Human – not bad other than the winterberry bush. seriously what the hell.
Charr – terrible wintersday tree placement, clearly charr hate wintersday. otherwise fine.
Norn – no real complaints here
Asura – things are spread out but in clusters so its ok
Sylvari – never go to this one so no comment

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Sylvari home instance has a not unreasonable route for getting to all the things, though the bandit chest can be a bit eye-roll inducing at times. It’s not necessarily obvious, but once you get the feel of it, it’s as good as the Asura instance.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

My favourite is the human instance. I can make a nice circle there even with keyboard only*
Second is the Asuran one, the Jade node is a bit annoying to get, as you need to navigate around some roots.
Then the Charr one, most things are easy to get, but I had some difficulty in getting a good route after adding the Magic Lumber node (don’t remember what it’s called)
And my least favourite is the Norn one. The route is easy, but those HoT chests are horrible to get to. There simply isn’t a nice route that passes all nodes and chests that doesn’t require backtracking.

Oh, I believe there’s also a sylvari instance… I entered there once and completely ignored it ever since. I couldn’t even find the nodes!

• I mostly to the daily gathering while on a tablet, without keyboard or mouse access, so on-screen keyboard only: easy routes are mandatory.