Home portal stone bugged?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I already had a home portal stone for my human. Often used is to return to the Salma District (Home) and from there teleport to a nearby situation outside the instance. Now I bought a second one for my Norn, which goes to Hunters Heart (Home). But from there it’s not possible to teleport ousite the instance (at least not to the countryside, only to a few locations in Divinity Reach) Tried it too with my old portal stone, same result. On several chr’s.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not sure what you mean when you say teleport to a nearby situation outside the instance. It’s used to go to the instance and then return to where you were. Not go to other places.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_Portal_Stone
You can use the stone from anywhere except WvW or Dungeons (including Fractals of the Mists).
Using the stone the first time takes you to your race’s home instance, e.g. Dreamer’s Terrace for Sylvari.
To return to your previous location, you can double-click the stone or selecting the “exit” button in the lower right corner of your screen (by default, just above the mini-map).
Although you can manually exit through your home instance’s portal into the city, you will lose the ability to return to the very first location.
It is possible to use the stone in WvW in very limited cases.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Albadaran.1283

With my human chr’s, when I use the stone to go to the home instance (Salma District), when I open the map there I can tp to every waypoint I visited before. When I do so, I get a warning msg that I’m about to leave the instance, but I’m able to go to any waypoint outsite the instance (and pay the price for that).

With my Norn however, when I use the stone and go the the home instance (Hunters Heart), when I open a map from there, there are no waypoints visible, exept for 1 in the same district and 2 in Divinity Reach.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You need to change the layer of the map to see the waypoints – the diamond shaped icons to the bottom right of the screen

Albadaran.1283

You need to change the layer of the map to see the waypoints – the diamond shaped icons to the bottom right of the screen

Thanks, that was helpful. +1 for you

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You’re welcome. It used to confuse me as well