Honestly, will there be a balance patch soon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

The last balance patch mostly change visual animation only. Is that what Anet calls balance patch to shake the meta?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The last balance patch mostly change visual animation only. Is that what Anet calls balance patch to shake the meta?

If the last “balance” patch only changed visual animations, then my guess is it was a visual animation patch and not a balance patch at all.

As far as I know GW2 doesn’t actually get “balance” patches. They throw in balance changes whenever they feel like it, usually mixed in with other content patches.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I freaking hope so, the game is on so many things in a dire need to receiving a significant balance patch, it isn#t funny anymore:

• Base Health needs finally to be rebalanced, the game is still on that in 2012 state, where all the powercreep the game got lately didn’t exist. Base Healths needs finally to be rebalanced around all those changes!
  • Condition Durations on all Skills need to get reduced and rebalanced around the new introduced now official Condition Duration Stat Expertise, so that players actually NEED to use this stat to get significantly good and long lastign conditions and not some kind of gifted super extra bonus on top of the current overpowered state…
    Condition Builds need finally get to become rebalanced around the fact, that Condition Builds also need to use multiple stats for receiving the best DPS through conditions, like Direct Damage needs 3 Stats for maxing out DPS, so should Conditions finalyl require at least 2 Stats and not only one, so that a Condition build who wantsd to not have only strong, but also very long lastign coditions finally needs to sacrifice something else somewhere significantly, like having therefore lesser vitality or lesser toughness.
  • Damage Modifiers from torment, Confusion and especially Burning need to get rebalanced!
  • The Efficiency of Toughness and especially Vitality need to get buffed, so that finally defensive builds give you also a sigificant much better defensive performance compared to player builds with significantly lesser toughness and vitality.
    For example the Health Increase from Vitality needs to get boosted from +10 per point to at least +25 per point, so that a heavy vitality build also will have significantly alot more health, than somebody with much lesser vitality. Thats just a god darn NO BRAINER thats 3 years now overdue!!
  • Alot of useless traits should get merged finally to create new space for better and overall more useful new traits that fill up the created gaps
  • Alot of useless sigils and runes should get merged finally, the game has already way too much sigils and runes, and like over 90% over them are use and worthless compared the the handful of 10%, that are actually useful and define player builds in a significant way. Other compeltely useless sigils, liek those damage sigils vs. specific enemies should get completely removed and reworked as slayer masteries
  • Anet needs to think over it to add finally for all the skills PvP-versions, so that they finally stop screwing over WvW/pvE builds, only because they wanted to nerf somethign for PvP. That was god darn it 3 years ago the main reason for it, for why they massively reduced the amount of skills, so that the game becomes alot easier to balance for Pvp and that it would be alot easier this way to give all skills own PvP-Versions.
  • They need to add to celestial gear without nerfing all the other stats the need stats with same values. A celestial amulet gives + 72 to all stats
    by simple mathematic logic this means, they need to add also +72 to Expertise and +72 to Concentration. And yes, this means a logical straight buff to celestial gear, because celestial gear shouldn#t get nerfed in its stats only because Anet decides to add two more new Stats to the game. All Stats simply means all stats, so its simply a must that this gear should add also points towards Expertise and Concentration.

If they would balanced aroudn these bullet points, the game would be a great step forward.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

No, because the sales are struggling against FO4, SC2 and balancing the overpowered classes will reduce the incentive to buy the expansion further.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

If the last “balance” patch only changed visual animations, then my guess is it was a visual animation patch and not a balance patch at all.

As far as I know GW2 doesn’t actually get “balance” patches. They throw in balance changes whenever they feel like it, usually mixed in with other content patches.

Actually they do have major balance patches. They just haven’t had many lately due to HoT dominating most of this year. They announced (can’t find source right now, but think it was on a “Guild Chat”) that they plan to have 4 major balance patches next year. This is an increase on the 2 last year and early this year.

I’d say a quarterly substantial balance patch is both ambitious and just the right amount if they can hold the schedule.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

Just scimmed through the article. I like the sigil dmg vs idea regarding getting rid of them and making it slayer mastery. That’s awesome.

Also worth noting that a lot of skills in guild wars 1 were different in PVP. we even had PVE-only skills. like the luxon/kurz ones. That would be interesting. Random example: like being able to rebuild Caladbolg which would give you the option of some pve only skills. or more racial skills. just keep the crap out of wvw/pvp. Don’t nerf pve to try and make something balanced in pvp. simple.

(edited by World War III.3869)

Posted by: BlackIsleDragon.7516

BlackIsleDragon.7516

I believe most games could use re-balancing when new things are implemented. One thing I would like to see is something you mentioned about sigils and runes. I like the idea of 10% dmg vs …… But, it is not really useful. There was a post somewhere I read about making dungeons useful. like, giving them specific rewards that only come from them. Skins, Weps, whatever…. If something changed where running dungeons was common again, there might be a use for such sigils again. Also Runes… I am not even sure how they could make most of the sets viable. I like the ideas on some of them, but they just don’t have a place in the game yet. A lot of this comes from the min/max mentality though. Everyone wants to play the top tier build and people expect you to play that build. If I played a Scepter/Dagger Power (???) Necro with Snowfall Runes (people use these?!?!), you would question my sanity.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

If you are having trouble fighting the elite specs the problem is with you, as a mark/well necro (aka not a reaper) I’ve ripped ALL the elite specs apart in sPvP. Learn what you need to do as your chosen lass against the specs and learnt heir animations to know what you dodge, what you block, and what you just take on the chin.

Health pool inbalances? Not seeing it. Or are you one of those thieves crying about small health pool? You have multiple ways to stealth, dodge, evade, and blind targets…that is your defense. If you want to rely on large health pools then War and Necro is your go to. You want high toughness? Rev and Guard are your go to. Want to rely on evasiveness? Thief and Mes are built for you. Want to have more skills and increased flexibility? Engi and Ele are built entirely around this concept.

You can even build most classes to be extremely defensive in nature. Different sized health pools are on purpose, it is a balance against the aspects of a class. Those high HP classes typically are also extremely slow classes (there is a reason necromancers don’t chase down targets, we typically can’t hope to catch anything).

Conditions are fine, learn to use cleansing skills. EVERY class can load up on cleanses and can even take traits that add cleanses to skills you use all the time. At the bare minimum you should always have at least a single cleanse. Yes, this is a good thing as it shakes up the pure damage/buff utilities people used to always run. Before this change, condition damage was a joke…now you actually have to pay attention to it and you can choose how you want to kill, conditions or straight damage.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Toughness and vitality should contribute in part as a damage modifier. How can a sickly, thin warrior swing a sword and hit harder than a well fed one? Along with precision, toughness and vitality should have contributed towards ferocity. Lack of trinity forced anet to use toughness for agro management. bad bad.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I freaking hope so, the game is on so many things in a dire need to receiving a significant balance patch, it isn#t funny anymore:

• Base Health needs finally to be rebalanced, the game is still on that in 2012 state, where all the powercreep the game got lately didn’t exist. Base Healths needs finally to be rebalanced around all those changes!
  • Condition Durations on all Skills need to get reduced and rebalanced around the new introduced now official Condition Duration Stat Expertise, so that players actually NEED to use this stat to get significantly good and long lastign conditions and not some kind of gifted super extra bonus on top of the current overpowered state…
    Condition Builds need finally get to become rebalanced around the fact, that Condition Builds also need to use multiple stats for receiving the best DPS through conditions, like Direct Damage needs 3 Stats for maxing out DPS, so should Conditions finalyl require at least 2 Stats and not only one, so that a Condition build who wantsd to not have only strong, but also very long lastign coditions finally needs to sacrifice something else somewhere significantly, like having therefore lesser vitality or lesser toughness.
  • Damage Modifiers from torment, Confusion and especially Burning need to get rebalanced!
  • The Efficiency of Toughness and especially Vitality need to get buffed, so that finally defensive builds give you also a sigificant much better defensive performance compared to player builds with significantly lesser toughness and vitality.
    For example the Health Increase from Vitality needs to get boosted from +10 per point to at least +25 per point, so that a heavy vitality build also will have significantly alot more health, than somebody with much lesser vitality. Thats just a god darn NO BRAINER thats 3 years now overdue!!
  • Alot of useless traits should get merged finally to create new space for better and overall more useful new traits that fill up the created gaps
  • Alot of useless sigils and runes should get merged finally, the game has already way too much sigils and runes, and like over 90% over them are use and worthless compared the the handful of 10%, that are actually useful and define player builds in a significant way. Other compeltely useless sigils, liek those damage sigils vs. specific enemies should get completely removed and reworked as slayer masteries
  • Anet needs to think over it to add finally for all the skills PvP-versions, so that they finally stop screwing over WvW/pvE builds, only because they wanted to nerf somethign for PvP. That was god darn it 3 years ago the main reason for it, for why they massively reduced the amount of skills, so that the game becomes alot easier to balance for Pvp and that it would be alot easier this way to give all skills own PvP-Versions.
  • They need to add to celestial gear without nerfing all the other stats the need stats with same values. A celestial amulet gives + 72 to all stats
    by simple mathematic logic this means, they need to add also +72 to Expertise and +72 to Concentration. And yes, this means a logical straight buff to celestial gear, because celestial gear shouldn#t get nerfed in its stats only because Anet decides to add two more new Stats to the game. All Stats simply means all stats, so its simply a must that this gear should add also points towards Expertise and Concentration.

If they would balanced around these bullet points, the game would be a great step forward.

1. Yes a base health boost would be great but we also have marauder’s so there’s still a way to get it up. With marauder and crusader health can reach an appropriate level with only a few pieces.

2. I strongly disagree. Burning without any special traits lasts only a tiny fraction of a second while poison and bleeding durations are weak when not traited for it. Condition duration was added specifically because base conditions don’t last long enough and is more for dedicated condition builds rather than someone who is primarily power but still wants the occasional viable condition damage.

Yes power builds need more stats for bonus damage (crit and ferocity) so why not bonus condition duration for those willing to give up some power or survivability for it?

3.The problem here is it would make fights last much longer (I’m thinking mostly PvP here).

4.Problem with adding expertise and concentration to celestial is they’d have to reduce some of the other stats. I run a full celestial ele in PvP, WvW, and PvE and don’t really feel the extra burning or chill duration would be worth taking an overall survivability and sustain hit, especially if they wanna even out all the stats the old stats would need a significant cut to accommodate them. Maybe a version of celestial with expertise and concentration in place of crit and ferocity?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Considering pro league starts today. (First matches might be going as we speak) No, we won’t be seeing a ‘balance patch’ (as it relates to skill power anyway) until season 1 is over.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

After the league begins, we will be seeing balance patches in six month cycles.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Considering pro league starts today. (First matches might be going as we speak) No, we won’t be seeing a ‘balance patch’ (as it relates to skill power anyway) until season 1 is over.

I tried to figure out which when and where what cup is starting as there always seems to be one randomly – can you explain to a noob when it starts (really today? couldn’t find anything about it) and when it’s going to end?

Oh and:

3 months cycles was what they said in some HoT announcement – but alas..

Edit: I found this:
http://pro.eslgaming.com/gw2/proleague/

7 weeks of tournament, so it’s another 2-3 months until the next patch – that’ll make it 9-10 months from when they merged the traitlines until the first balancing patch might come out.

No offense, anet, but in case you wonder why less and less people play this game – that is a reason why.

(edited by Jana.6831)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I tried to figure out which when and where what cup is starting as there always seems to be one randomly – can you explain to a noob when it starts (really today? couldn’t find anything about it) and when it’s going to end?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/week-one-of-the-esl-guildwars2-pro-league-kicks-off-on-monday/

EU Match 2 is running right now as I type this: TCG vs MGTR

As for when it ends, exactly, let me see if I can find the other blog.

Better yet: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/proleague/#info

Guild Wars 2 Pro League Season One Schedule
EVENT DATE
Week 1 November 23, 2015
Week 2 November 30, 2015
Week 3 December 7, 2015
Week 4 December 14, 2015
Week 5 January 11, 2016
Week 6 January 18, 2016
Week 7 January 25, 2016
Season Finals—Cologne February 20, 2016

And: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-esl-guild-wars-2-pro-league/

prior to each season, there will be a balance update. League play will generally begin about two weeks after a balance update to ensure that the metagame has stabilized in an appropriate manner.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Jana.6831

So finals 3 months from now. And when was the balance patch before the league started?

ETA: This is where I read the “3 months”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

(edited by Jana.6831)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And when was the balance patch before the league started?

shrug

Maybe they are considering the tweaks in the 2 patches post-HoT as enough ‘balancing.’ Dunno. Was just answering the original question posed: “are we going to see a balance patch soon” to which the answer is a definitive “nope.”

shrugs again

Jana.6831

shrug

Maybe they are considering the tweaks in the 2 patches post-HoT as enough ‘balancing.’ Dunno. Was just answering the original question posed: “are we going to see a balance patch soon” to which the answer is a definitive “nope.”

shrugs again

You’re right, I was just asking because maybe I missed something (I knew I haven’t) – I’m not amused right now. But alas, it’s their game.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

shrug

shrugs again

You’re right, I was just asking because maybe I missed something (I knew I haven’t) – I’m not amused right now. But alas, it’s their game.

Oh, I’m there with you. Just have to sigh though, it’s ‘typical anet.’

Jana.6831

My buddy and I are yelling at each other right now – stress relief, I guess.

Nonetheless- thank you for looking up all the links for me =)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My buddy and I are yelling at each other right now – stress relief, I guess.

Nonetheless- thank you for looking up all the links for me =)

Not a problem. Always happy to provide the info if I have it (or know where to find it).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Balance patches change tons of skills and ANet doesn’t do them frequently. They certainly never release one within a month after a major content patch.

(Unless you think the 23 Oct launch of HoT didn’t shake up the meta, in which case: what game are you playing?)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Meant to be quarterly however pvp leagues start before next patch so no patch before 1st league despite what they said so we can’t take them at their word. Presumably there will be no balance pass until league ends in what around 3 months.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Post HoT the game really needs a balance patch. eg with so much reflect in the game, bow rangers need a lot of help. Mind you, reflect is so OP, 100% damage reduction, 100% damage retaliation and all effects, conditions CC etc. also reflecte? Come on, that’s just “ANet HATES rangers” (yeah, we know they do but do they have to make it THAT obvious?