Honey, The Megaserver Killed the Guild...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

Yes it’s a corny title… Just wanted to make the topic lighthearted.

So for those of you out there who are either leading or an officer of a guild. Have you noticed how increasingly aggravating it is becoming when recruiting?

Since the Megaserver was introduced it seems that Guilds have taken a back seat for patches and bugfixes. Now I may be wrong with some of my assumptions so I’ll put it as a question so you guys can tell me the answers, as we get to it.

So firstly, we have had increasing difficulty with running guild missions, with our members being separated onto various servers (home servers) and so teaming up to transfer them in is a bit of a pain. I’ve also had reports from my members that they cannot see the guild missions feed, so have to be told who we are hunting in a bounty etc… Some have reported they cannot access the guild chest, some have said they cannot display the guild emblem and it doesn’t show on banners they put down.

Further to all this, As leader 9/10 times I cannot see what home server my members belong to… on the odd occasion it will show up, but by which time they are already a member of my guild and therefore would be harsh to kick them.

This problem of not knowing the homeserver must be a real drag for WvW guilds who wish to run a guild zerg only to find a handful of them are against their own guild as a hostile server… Thankfully my guild is a PvE guild so that’s not too much of an issue.

However, it’s sad to say (and i’m certain it has been stated no less than 1,000 times on the forums) that the Megaserver has caused more problems than it has fixed.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic that you are rarely alone in a map… but at the same time is a pain when you are doing your daily reviver and there are 10-players in the same area as you… #ThaumanovaReactorZerg

So I put it to you guys… Is the Megaserver a +1 or a -1 to you?

I recommend ANET perform any one of these suggested changes to hopefully fix the issue:

1. Remove Home Servers and bring back the GW1 Style server system. For WvW it would just become another EotM Style system, but them WvW tournaments would become redundant…
2. Remove the Megaserver completely.
3. Allow players to set whether they want to see players in Megaserver mode or in Homeserver mode. So you can only see people from the same server as you (or even just put their names in a different colour so you can identify them).

4. and my personal favourite: Take away the charge for switching server and allow free transfer, with a penalty of 1-week ban from WvW borderlands.

5. OR introduce a new Free Switching service which allows players to switch server ONCE per month for free, additional switches will cost.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions on what Anet can do to fix the MEGA-Mess-Server

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Yes it’s a corny title… Just wanted to make the topic lighthearted.

So for those of you out there who are either leading or an officer of a guild. Have you noticed how increasingly aggravating it is becoming when recruiting?

Since the Megaserver was introduced it seems that Guilds have taken a back seat for patches and bugfixes. Now I may be wrong with some of my assumptions so I’ll put it as a question so you guys can tell me the answers, as we get to it.

So firstly, we have had increasing difficulty with running guild missions, with our members being separated onto various servers (home servers) and so teaming up to transfer them in is a bit of a pain. I’ve also had reports from my members that they cannot see the guild missions feed, so have to be told who we are hunting in a bounty etc… Some have reported they cannot access the guild chest, some have said they cannot display the guild emblem and it doesn’t show on banners they put down.

Further to all this, As leader 9/10 times I cannot see what home server my members belong to… on the odd occasion it will show up, but by which time they are already a member of my guild and therefore would be harsh to kick them.

This problem of not knowing the homeserver must be a real drag for WvW guilds who wish to run a guild zerg only to find a handful of them are against their own guild as a hostile server… Thankfully my guild is a PvE guild so that’s not too much of an issue.

However, it’s sad to say (and i’m certain it has been stated no less than 1,000 times on the forums) that the Megaserver has caused more problems than it has fixed.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic that you are rarely alone in a map… but at the same time is a pain when you are doing your daily reviver and there are 10-players in the same area as you… #ThaumanovaReactorZerg

I recommend ANET perform any one of these suggested changes to hopefully fix the issue:

1. Remove Home Servers and bring back the GW1 Style server system. For WvW it would just become another EotM Style system, but them WvW tournaments would become redundant…
3. Allow players to set whether they want to see players in Megaserver mode or in Homeserver mode. So you can only see people from the same server as you (or even just put their names in a different colour so you can identify them).

4. and my personal favourite: Take away the charge for switching server and allow free transfer, with a penalty of 1-week ban from WvW borderlands.

5. OR introduce a new Free Switching service which allows players to switch server ONCE per month for free, additional switches will cost.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions on what Anet can do to fix the MEGA-Mess-Server

I will comment:

1. The GW1 server system was a Lobby/Instance one. You cannot have an open world, as GW2 is, with the server system of GW1. Also, there were no specific servers, like GW2 has.

2. megaserver are here to stay – reason being, in game, most people do like them. They do make things messy from time to time but that can be overcome, if you know what you are doing. My Guild has no problems doing guild missions, etc. Only the super huge, mega guilds have issues (ones that are actually more than one guild – ones that have more than 500 people).
3. You can’t have a mixed server system – it can’t be done.

4. No – since that would in essence would cause the problems we had at the beginning with WvWvW and PvP. I like it the way it is. We had people switching to opposite servers so they could throw the WvWvW matches and spy. Now it costs them to do that.

5. You already have that. This point is moot.

The server identity only counted for WvWvW (EotM also) and sPvP, in reality. That is really all it was for. I don’t think A.Net will turn off the megaserver. I think you will have to learn to live with it or find a different game.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Coopziana.1802

Fair comments for someone who is Pro-Megaserver.
However the quoted point above didn’t take into consideration my bracketed point which was to allow for the highlighting of players from your own server… by extension you could assign a tag or emblem to each player. (which should be optional to see).

Much like players name highlights such as Blue for party members and Gold for guild members. It would be more than possible to to set players of the same server to Purple (for arguments sake). Thus solving the problem of knowing who belongs to your server. Thus making it easier to recruit people from you own server.

I’m not sure if the “Nil influence from members of another server” still applies. But what I do know is that members who are in my guild who do belong to other servers are having issues within the guild and are forced to keep “Guesting” to the guild’s server to get the benefits that guilds are supposed to offer as standard.

In conclusion: Currently the guild system is not fit for purpose, due to the Megaserver!

Dusty Moon.4382

Fair comments for someone who is Pro-Megaserver.
However the quoted point above didn’t take into consideration my bracketed point which was to allow for the highlighting of players from your own server… by extension you could assign a tag or emblem to each player. (which should be optional to see).

Much like players name highlights such as Blue for party members and Gold for guild members. It would be more than possible to to set players of the same server to Purple (for arguments sake). Thus solving the problem of knowing who belongs to your server. Thus making it easier to recruit people from you own server.

I’m not sure if the “Nil influence from members of another server” still applies. But what I do know is that members who are in my guild who do belong to other servers are having issues within the guild and are forced to keep “Guesting” to the guild’s server to get the benefits that guilds are supposed to offer as standard.

In conclusion: Currently the guild system is not fit for purpose, due to the Megaserver!

The Guild I am in HAS NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER. I don’t know what Guild you are in but if it is a MEGA-GUILD – then yes you will have issues.

I think the Guild size needs to be cut down – would make it easier.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

1. The GW1 server system was a Lobby/Instance one. You cannot have an open world, as GW2 is, with the server system of GW1. Also, there were no specific servers, like GW2 has.

Guild Wars 2 is barely open world. Every zone is instanced.

Dusty Moon.4382

It is NOT instanced – instanced mean not shared. They are Zones yes, but you can join someone in that zone. So it is an open world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instance_dungeon

I think you should get a better dictionary.

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

I think you need to do some research there my friend. Instanced means only for you and perhaps a select few other players. That is the reason GW1 was a semi-open world game because only the main hubs were actually open world. All other sections instanced.

Coopziana.1802

The Guild I am in HAS NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER. I don’t know what Guild you are in but if it is a MEGA-GUILD – then yes you will have issues.

THAT is exactly my point. We don’t want to be a MEGA-GUILD. we want to stay a server based guild, but since the mega server put people from every server in the same instance/map/open world (whatever you wanna call it), and there is no definitive way to see whop is from the same server as you, it makes it very difficult to manage who is being invited to the guild from which server.

HENCE MY POINT: Same Server Colour Assignment – Problem solved!

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

To add to the topic also, I understand there are issues with the megaservers but overall the benefits are much larger.

I’ve been on Eradon terrace since the beginning, which if you didn’t know, is basically one of the most empty servers and worst fairing in wvw. We came 9th in bronze tier.

Before the megaservers I would see absolutely NOBODY in the open-world. Every event would be pointless and talking in mapchat would result in no replies. It was a dead land, lonely and boring.

I am aware there are a few issues with guilds and getting into certain boss fights but at the end of the day I would rather have a few issues that can be tweaked and fixed than walk around an empty MMO.

Some of these suggestions might work well but I think the world chat is a nice suggestion. That would make recruiting easier.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

THAT is exactly my point. We don’t want to be a MEGA-GUILD. we want to stay a server based guild, but since the mega server put people from every server in the same instance/map/open world (whatever you wanna call it), and there is no definitive way to see whop is from the same server as you, it makes it very difficult to manage who is being invited to the guild from which server.

Potential option for you, even if a bit cumbersome:

Add person to your friendlist, go to the leaderboard, check achievements filtered by friends. It tells you there what “world” someone originates from.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Dusty Moon.4382

I am not in a mega-guild – we chat easily by mumble – problems solved.

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

It is NOT instanced – instanced mean not shared. They are Zones yes, but you can join someone in that zone. So it is an open world.

You’re both right. Colloquially speaking, you’re right, they’re not instanced.

But even according to the page you linked, you’re wrong…
“an instance is a special area, typically a dungeon, that generates a new copy of the location for each group, or for certain number of players, that enters the area”

that’s exactly what megaserver shards are. Each area is separate, and a new instance is generated when too many players arrive.

I don’t think this is worth arguing over, and I would have stayed out if you weren’t so overly condescending in your response, which wasn’t cool dude.

Edit: condescending was a better description of your behavior.

(edited by proviticus.4183)

Coopziana.1802

To add to the topic also, I understand there are issues with the megaservers but overall the benefits are much larger.

I’ve been on Eradon terrace since the beginning, which if you didn’t know, is basically one of the most empty servers and worst fairing in wvw. We came 9th in bronze tier.

Before the megaservers I would see absolutely NOBODY in the open-world. Every event would be pointless and talking in mapchat would result in no replies. It was a dead land, lonely and boring.

I am aware there are a few issues with guilds and getting into certain boss fights but at the end of the day I would rather have a few issues that can be tweaked and fixed than walk around an empty MMO.

Some of these suggestions might work well but I think the world chat is a nice suggestion. That would make recruiting easier.

IMO Anet should have closed the server down then and given everyone a free transfer to another server. Every other MMO I have played with a server based system did this. They also created a new one each time the others were full.

I understand though that in your instance the MEGA server is a good thing, HOWEVER it doesn’t solve your WvW problem. That being the case ANET should take steps to either force new players into that server (or give an incentive to lower population servers with openworld boosts similar to “outnumbered”) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outnumbered
Or simply shut the server down until such times that it would be needed!

Yet another fix without the need for a Megaserver!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You’re both right. Colloquially speaking, you’re right, they’re not instanced.

But even according to the page you linked, you’re wrong…
“an instance is a special area, typically a dungeon, that generates a new copy of the location for each group, or for certain number of players, that enters the area”

that’s exactly what megaserver shards are. Each area is separate, and a new instance is generated when too many players arrive.

I don’t think this is worth arguing over, and I would have stayed out if you weren’t so overly condescending in your response, which wasn’t cool dude.

Edit: condescending was a better description of your behavior.

Looks like someone answered before me.

It’s not something I’m going to argue about either way.

Rouven.7409

I belong to a guild with members from pretty much everywhere, as a matter of fact I believe I am the only current member in this guild that is on JQ.

I have not heard of most of the problems you have described in the OP. Perhaps these individuals could open tickets to see if here is another reason and maybe it’s possible to solve them.

Guild Missions – yes, in order to receive guild mission rewards people to have to “guest” to the main guild server. This is as far as I know the only existing reason to use the guest function currently.

“Taxi” – we do limit our parties to 4 people. That way the main officers can switch parties as needed and taxi anyone over to one map (usually only needed when doing guild events).

I don’t WvW but obviously that is something that does not work otherwise, I’d assume most WvW guilds recruit people right there or advertise as such in main cities.

Because I am the only one from that guild on my server I noticed the megaserver change quite drastically, I run into people from the guild on a pretty much daily basis now by accident.

Can I ask what your objection is to communicate with a potential candidate for the guild and find out that way what server they are from?

Edit: I’m leaving out issues with events like teq etc on purpose because I feel that’s not the purpose of this thread.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I hate dead zones so +1 for MEGASERVER !!!

Coopziana.1802

I belong to a guild with members from pretty much everywhere, as a matter of fact I believe I am the only current member in this guild that is on JQ.

I have not heard of most of the problems you have described in the OP. Perhaps these individuals could open tickets to see if here is another reason and maybe it’s possible to solve them.

Guild Missions – yes, in order to receive guild mission rewards people to have to “guest” to the main guild server. This is as far as I know the only existing reason to use the guest function currently.

“Taxi” – we do limit our parties to 4 people. That way the main officers can switch parties as needed and taxi anyone over to one map (usually only needed when doing guild events).

I don’t WvW but obviously that is something that does not work otherwise, I’d assume most WvW guilds recruit people right there or advertise as such in main cities.

Because I am the only one from that guild on my server I noticed the megaserver change quite drastically, I run into people from the guild on a pretty much daily basis now by accident.

Can I ask what your objection is to communicate with a potential candidate for the guild and find out that way what server they are from?

Edit: I’m leaving out issues with events like teq etc on purpose because I feel that’s not the purpose of this thread.

All I can say is that this is a game, and as such it’s down to the designers to make the game as smooth as possible and not make a lot of unnecessary work for players. Currently the only way to determine if someone is on your server is to ask them… which to be fair is an unnecessary chore which we shouldn’t have to do.

As i said in the OP, this is more about the Megaserver Vs Guilds no openworld events. The Megaserver has created a lot of issues for me (as a recruiter) and the members of my guild.

Being forced to guest just to get the Guild mission rewards is an unnecessary chore for the members, sifting through the roster to find out who is not on my server is an unnecessary chore, asking people what server they are from to determine who is able to contribute to WvW is an unnecessary chore… and so on.

So I’ll come back to my original point. The Megaserver has created more problems than it has fixed (From a guilds perspective).

Rouven.7409

(…)
So I’ll come back to my original point. The Megaserver has created more problems than it has fixed (From a guilds perspective).

Sorry if I misunderstood you. I however disagree. There are no additional problems created.

You had to guest previously – now you don’t in general – only for guild mission rewards.

Overflow existed as well, but admitted I don’t think it happened as often.

Ok, you knew that people you saw in general, other than being in overflow, where from your server. I don’t see talking to people that I am looking to invite into my guild as a chore though.

(edited by Rouven.7409)

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Megaservers killed server communities. I remember seeing the same group of people in Lion’s Arch, and it fostered a social community, where people would chat in /map chat, and then became friends and they’d do dungeons or wvw together.

I’m not against megaservers. I think they are awesome, and address the low-populated zones pretty well. They shouldn’t have megaserver’d the cities though. They should’ve kept them like WvW.

RP’ers and Guilds were affected the most by this too. It wouldn’t have so bad, if they gave guilds better organization tools and a better guild UI to address some of the issues that megaservers caused.

Rouven.7409

(…) They shouldn’t have megaserver’d the cities though. They should’ve kept them like WvW.

Being from a higher population server I would have liked that too. Not sure what lower pop servers might have thought about that.

RP’ers and Guilds were affected the most by this too. It wouldn’t have so bad, if they gave guilds better organization tools and a better guild UI to address some of the issues that megaservers caused.

No doubt about the RP part, there is a pretty large thread for that part.

What tools or UI are you thinking of?

Posted by: DraconicDak.9340

DraconicDak.9340

I also have to disagree on the Megaservers hurting Guilds.

My guild is pretty big, and has always been cross-server, and since the megaserver switch there haven’t been any newly-created problems. If anything, it’s easier than it ever was to perform guild missions – there’s no trouble at all getting everyone into the same instance, and bounties can be run efficiently since the megaservers make it more likely someone’s seen the target bounty in the past five minutes.

Heck, if I’m totally honest, I think it’s more fun now, because if you run missions at the same time every week, you run across other guilds, and everyone helps each other out. It’s another layer of camaraderie, because you start meeting the same guilds, and form partnerships, and none of it is bothered by what server you’re on.

I will admit that the Megaserver switch caused a little hurt to the RP community, and I feel their pain. But for guilds, I think it’s only made things smoother.

Member of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Writer for Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Jade Quarry [JQ]

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

I also disagree. There has been no problem with people joining from other home servers. Thanks to representing/standing down, it’s easy to let people figure out if they want to pay to transfer to move to the other server, should they want to (mainly for WvW).

The fact is that the mega server increased my enjoyment of this game tremendously. even when things have gotten heated I am always in the same map as my guildies, and it even knows to pull me towards people who are just on my friends list. They did a great job with the algorithms on this one:)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….Guild Wars 2 is barely open world. Every zone is instanced.

Not sure I am aware of a game that doesn’t have SOME sort of limitation on how many players can be present in an area at one time. I’m not an MMO expert, but if there is, they are using either Alien Computer technology or are just good at fooling everyone.

It’s not technically possible to have hundreds of thousands of players connected to the same “world” at once. I think EVE does a fairly good job (from what I understand, never played it), but from my understanding it’s just a good illusion, not impossible network technology.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think they’re not making major changes because they are planning on changing the implementation of guilds (removing the server chapters) at some point in the near future. Changing design/bugfixing for the current design is pointless, with that in mind.

It is, however, a real shame that we haven’t heard any ETA for the next feature pack, or if these changes will be delivered seperately, when they will arrive.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

The server identity only counted for WvWvW (EotM also) and sPvP, in reality. That is really all it was for. I don’t think A.Net will turn off the megaserver. I think you will have to learn to live with it or find a different game.

Server Identity goes beyond that. Our server has had two off line meet ups. One in New York, another in Las Vegas. Both of which where attended primarily by PvE players.

I realize we may be the rare exception, but to say that it is only limited to those game modes is completely asinine.

But yes, Mega Server is here to stay. It does more good than harm.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

For those that hate dead zones, you could have had that fixed with real server mergers or just adding pve maps and not adding the cities. The few things that it fixed could have been fixed with out causing all these new issues.

And the megaserver is the exact same thing as gw1 districts without the ability to choose your district.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Potential option for you, even if a bit cumbersome:

Add person to your friendlist, go to the leaderboard, check achievements filtered by friends. It tells you there what “world” someone originates from.

Better yet: just add a single line to your guild advert. “This is a <server> guild.” Or, “Must be from <server>.” The end.

Every now and then, look at your roster.

Someone who is constantly away from your server, give them their stepping orders. It’s not very hard.

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

To Coopziana.1802. First off, +1 for mega server. It sounds to me like your issue is that you want to recruit people from your server only into your guild. That is a reasonable request but the suggestions you have listed are in my opinion short sighted.

I believe a chat filter that would let you message people on your server only would be a better idea. Also interface changes to the guild interface would be a welcome addition. Changes that would allow the leader to see more info on their members.

I remember way back when people heard of the mega server they complained that they would never be able to run cof and arah because they would never be able to find a map that had the dungeon open. I laughed so hard at those people when the opposite actually came true. The one or two instances of fire heart rise that are running are always so full that the defend event never fails.

I tell you this story because this facet of the game carries over to the other maps. Its just down right easier to find a map where the event will end in a success with the mega servers in place. Teq is completed more succesfully now than ever before and its because of the mega servers. Ive had cases where Ive gone to sparkfly without my guild to do Teq and we actually won because guess what, there were people there.

Now I am going to sound like a hypocrit cause I just joined TTS. But I did that to kill the worm. That event is so tough even the megaservers cant beat it. It actually takes an organized guild to take it down. I tell you guys this cause I hear some of you saying its hard for guilds large guilds. In my experience, you guys are actually wrong. The megaservers make it possible for TTS to spin up two maps of the worm fight where before they would of only gotten enough people together for one map.

So, in summary I cant say enough good things about the mega servers. The two downsides I find are that I cant recruit people from only my server to my guild and that now when we do bounty hunt (which is only one guild mission, the rest are still as easy as they always were) we have to be a little more on our toes so that when we find the bounty, we get there in time to tag the bounty before it dies. Its really no big deal though if you have done it before.

So a chat filter. Theres your answer. Not kill the megaservers

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

See thats my main problem here. You were on dead server and megaservers made the game playable for you. Well thats great for you. I can see how megaserver benefits you and why you might be willing to bears it’s issues.

Now look from my perspective. I was on Desolation, i had none of the issues your dead server had. I had people on maps, they were not full but enough not to feel lonely. All boss events were being done whenever i felt like visiting any. I could finish all world boss events within 3-4 hours whenever i felt like it. Guild missions were a breeze easy fun and no problems at all. We had good server community and we were first euro server to beat most boses.

Megaservers came and everything is overcrowded, quests are no fun with dozens of people doing them, gathering quests are nightmare. Last time i tried world boses i wasn’t nowhere near done after 6 hours. Temples? Forget it, always some tool will defend. Guild missions? Gave up on those to much hassle now with looking for maps, chaotically porting and looking for each other, last time i tried was 2 months ago. Guild went from big to nearly dead anyway. Community? Gone, am forced to go all buddy buddy and cooperate with total strangers and wvw enemies, seeing no familiar faces at all. Waypoints broken.

While i can clearly see how megaserver helped people from small/dead servers. I cant see anything at all positive for people like me who were on well estabilished active server. I wish there was option to not participate in it. As it is i have no choice but to actively look for a different game.

(edited by Lucyfer.9517)

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

@Lucyfer.9517

Whats a gathering quest? Are you talking about an event where you have to get eggs and bring them to someone before the timer runs out? And if mega servers make that event happen faster then whats wrong with that

Boss events are being done more than ever. What boss event is taking you 6 hours?

How are you having trouble with guild missions? There are guides on dulfy and there have been for a long while. Its super easy to get into a map with your guild mates. just click on the join in map box, type in their name and hit join. Right click on their portrait and hit join in map and your there.

My guild was there before the mega servers and were still playing just as strong as ever. So community, not gone.

Oh, and I am not on a dead server. I play on Storm Bluff Isle. We killed Teq Every day before the Mega Server and we still kill him every day. Only thing we dont do well is kill the Worm, and get T5 in dry top.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

I started scrolling, so forgive me if this was said multiple times already. While recruiting, can’t you simply state what server your guild calls home and ask for people from the same server?

“[insert server here] Guild blahblahblah is looking for fellow [insert server here] players. [insert requirements/perks here]. Whisper for invite”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have to say I find it odd that someone recruiting can’t be bothered to talk to the prospective recruits. I would think one would want to know a bit about someone before asking them to join the Guild. /smh

Posted by: DraconicDak.9340

DraconicDak.9340

Lucyfer, I’m on JQ. One of the most active servers. I’ve still only seen improvements.

Member of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Writer for Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Jade Quarry [JQ]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are downsides to guilds with the megaserver, but not downsides so drastic that they can’t be solved. I run a relatively smallish guild. We don’t get tons of problems when trying to get together. It sometimes takes a bit of extra work. But the zones are better for everyone when we’re out playing in them. There is no free lunch. Something lost but something much better gained.

Really big guilds always had problems getting on the same server, which is why TTS used to spawn their own instances.

The megaserver isn’t going anyway. Adapt or perish. That’s how this will work.

Our guild adapted. We have more members now than we did on April 15.

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Megaserver works fine for me. I do Tequatl and pretty much get -all- my dailies done in the process with the actually ability to succeed.

Daily Dodger? Check.
Daily Raiser? Check.
Daily Condition Removal? Check.
Daily Kills? Check.
Daily Events? Check.
Daily Group Events? Check.
Daily Condition Applying? Check.
Daily Recycler? Check.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am going to have to agree with those saying that speaking to a potential recruit and asking them what server they are on does not seem like a particularly onerous burden for a guild recruiter.

Listing your server, and the requirement that recruits be from the same server, in the advertisement seems like a reasonable option as well.

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

……

this is a big problem and as i said in my thread : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-we-have-Lion-s-Arch-as-Server-Home/first#post4156678 the solution is very simple and it is not very complicated like yours .

Anet can make every server’s lion arch as the server home . all will be happy again.

the megaserver system is good addition for the general pve map or dungeons , but for guild recruitments and the new style of events with tiers is a real curse

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Actually Anet said they would actually patch the game and make it so guild missions and influence is not bound to a single server……… in December 2014…

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I do not think we will ever see Cities as home server instances. That would allow players to see what is not intended for them to see… low population servers.

WvW players know the reality of low populations. I suspect something incoming on that as well.

Server merges generally make playing easier/better for a lot of people. For some reason, Anet doesn’t want to be seen merging servers in the old sense.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hi there,

please make sure to leave megaserver feedback in the appropriate main thread here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Guild-World-Events-Megaservers-WvW/page/27#post4086681

You are welcome to repost your comments and concerns there.

Thank you!