Hope you see this...thank you Anet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faremire.6374

Faremire.6374

Hi Anet and GW2 devs. I’m probably not alone when I say this but I wanted to say thank you for all your hard work in GW2. I’m saying this because I see so many people raging on these forums about the game as well as on other websites. It saddens me that those who complain the loudest are seen the most. I can’t even begin to comprehend the work and dedication that goes into building a video game let alone an MMO, and even though GW2 isn’t “perfect” it’s sure a hell of a lot of fun; I don’t know any game that IS perfect. So thank you. I’ve enjoyed many, many hours playing this game at night and unwinding. I hope the negative people don’t get you guys down and if they do please remember that there are people like me out here who really love to play your game. Keep your heads high guys and gals.

Posted by: Orochimaru.3485

Orochimaru.3485

Great post.
I really appreciate this game it’s the best one I’ve ever owned and I love it! It’s beautiful to look at it’s beautiful to listen to and it’s exciting to play. You guys have done an amazing job and it’s sad to see that some community members are actually personally attacking you guys after all the hard work you put into the game for them. You guys are great!

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

this +4000.

I love you anet. Sorry for all my Ranger revolting ive been doing.

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

I think I’m becoming jaded. I read that title as if it was full of dripping sarcasm and was wondering what the complaint would be.
+1 for pleasantly surprising me.

Be forewarned though, I can see this turning nasty in a little bit. Prepare for the dread mire that may form, and godspeed.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m enjoying the game too. Thanks for posting this OP!

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

yep awesome game that keeps getting better and better! keep up the good work!

Posted by: ToPocHi.2480

ToPocHi.2480

Thank you Faremire. I concur with you in every sense and every word you’ve posted. It’s refreshing and I feel like we can still help make a difference in helping the GW2 community grow positively, and at the same time, help to steer the game in the right direction by providing constructive feedback and as in this case, the occassional but very sincere appreciation for all the hard work the developers have put in to give us this highly remarkable game.

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Hi Anet and GW2 devs. I’m probably not alone when I say this but I wanted to say thank you for all your hard work in GW2. I’m saying this because I see so many people raging on these forums about the game as well as on other websites. It saddens me that those who complain the loudest are seen the most. I can’t even begin to comprehend the work and dedication that goes into building a video game let alone an MMO, and even though GW2 isn’t “perfect” it’s sure a hell of a lot of fun; I don’t know any game that IS perfect. So thank you. I’ve enjoyed many, many hours playing this game at night and unwinding. I hope the negative people don’t get you guys down and if they do please remember that there are people like me out here who really love to play your game. Keep your heads high guys and gals.

I have mixed feelings about that topic.
On one side then yes, we are not good enough at praising the things in the game that we adore and we most likely (me at least) should be better at telling that as well.

On the other side, as you said yourself, the game is not perfect (and it never will be. It never can be perfect for everyone). It can however be improved.

If people don’t voice their concerns, if people don’t take the time to write posts about the things that they are not so happy about, come up with suggestions, point out problematic areas, then reading the forum would not give the developers much to work with.

I agree that the tone sometimes becomes (way) too hostile, but I do not see every post pointing out a problem, or voicing concerns, as a complain post.
If no one ever gave the negative feedback (yes it should be in a constructive way still), if people instead slowly left the game without explaining why, then there would not be much to work with.

I guess I am not sure what you are refering to with: “Negative people”.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Signed in to say thank you as well. Am enjoying Halloween update and running all over Tyria with 80s of every class. There are things I would change if I were game-development god, but GW2 is easily the best thing going in MMO’s right now.

Bring on WvW Season 1!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Agreed! This game gives me hours and hours, days and days, of entertainment.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Returned from a large break, found a guild of friendly folks and suddenly the game is pure gold.

Kudos Anet.
Here’s to another year of experimentation, mistakes, and iteration!

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Posted by: Faremire.6374

Faremire.6374

“I have mixed feelings about that topic.
On one side then yes, we are not good enough at praising the things in the game that we adore and we most likely (me at least) should be better at telling that as well.
On the other side, as you said yourself, the game is not perfect (and it never will be. It never can be perfect for everyone). It can however be improved.”

I agree Reesha. I just think it’s a shame that the “voices” of a lot of those who propose improvements sounds more like entitlement and meanness. I’m sure the devs and Anet are big boys and girls and have thick enough skin to shrug most of the negativity off, but they’re still human (I’m not saying that you said they are not; I’m just sayin’ I think we sometimes forget to lift each other up and be encouraging without personal agendas, demands, or immediate negativity.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Glad to see a positive post on these forums. A rare and beautiful sight it is.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Great post OP!!

Don’t listen to the critique Anet, why should the words of those nasty haters matter anyway?

Posted by: Gunnox.5910

Gunnox.5910

I love GW2, spent 1000+ hours and don’t regret anything!
GW2 is easily the best MMO out there imho. I have played so many other MMOs such as LotrO, Rift and Lineage 2. GW2 is just way more awesome than all of those.

GW2 got this charm that no other MMO manages to have. To name a few, here are reasons why I find GW2 much better than other MMOs:
1. Anet is INCREDIBLY generous and also very ambitious, which is of course a good thing. In LotrO for instance I get commercials shoved up my face and HAVE to pay to actually do quests in vital areas of the game.
2. The feel that your character is unique. That you aren’t another one that accepts the “kill 5 mudcrabs lewl for no reason”. The freedom in leveling wherever you want is so unrestricted! I love that!
3. The feel of adventure rather than “let’s stop and do that quest because we must, not that we want to”. I can do whatever I want when I feel for it. It reminds me of Morrowind and all other wonderful TES games in the adventuring gameplay.
4. Non-competitive PvE. Why the kitten should you be discouraged to play with other players in an MMO, its a social game for kittens sake! I’m very glad GW2 isn’t another ninjaloot, mob-tagging, etc. game.
5. The lore, I love the mix of science fiction and fantasy. Reminds me of the older installments of Final Fantasy where it got mixed a lot. While I sort of dislike Scarlet I do like the Aetherblades.
6. COZY environments, colors and themes. When I play a game I want to feel happy and comfortable.
7. Fantastic animations on characters, mobs, bosses etc.

Long live Guild Wars 2!