Horizontal progression: animation packs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sevenshow.1968

sevenshow.1968

Add new sets of animations, ones that you can purchase through the gem store. With these new sets of animations, characters would have different animations for combat, like either swinging their weapons more ‘wildly’ or either more ‘artistically’.

I’m not very good at expressing myself, so here it goes: imagine you want to give your character a distinct Canthan origin? Of course he would have to fight like a Canthan after all, and that would be way different from the krytans. So, you would buy this pack of animations for your class to ensure that your character would perform as both gentle and lethal as a true Canthan.

Same goes if you want to, say, a character that seems to be dancing while he fights, like a dervish of some sorts.

I swear, this would put GW2 in a whole new level of character customization.

Sorry if I have mispelled anything, it’s been months since I last wrote something ellaborated in English :/

edit: as pointed out by some, new weapon idles/stands would be really neat to start out with

edit2: to clarify, main focus of the suggestion is PVE, and I’m thinking on the character animations (what they do with their bodies) rather than particle effects.

Link for reddit discussion: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1vnd1q/my_suggestion_to_horizontal_progression_animation/

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would rather have Horizontal Progression content that didn’t require a Gem Store purchase, personally. Things we could earn by gameplay. =)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I agree with more animations, I agree with a selectable ‘combat style’, bit iffy on the gem store but I guess if that’s what it takes… will still prefer it to be in-game not in-store.

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

I have always wanted this ever since seeing my stupid female Mesmers Greatsword holding position. I feel like Sora from kingdom hearts…

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

I second this as an option.

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Barsimoprimo.2759

Barsimoprimo.2759

its not progression if its purchased, but otherwise sounds good.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

It would be nice to see some new animations and emotes in general, for FREE. I’ve not played a whole lot of MMO’s, but GW2 is severely lacking in that department, and it shouldn’t be on the players dime to update.

As for custom packs that you can earn for fighting animations and such, that is also a great idea, but I’d like to see Arenanet deliver some additional content to liven things up without trying to coerce people into paying for it. It’s a part of the game that has always felt incomplete.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

What I think would be neat is different animations based on your stats. Power, Precision, Toughness, etc… Each could give you different animations when they are your highest stat.