Horns and Fur Patterns for Charr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

… for more horns and fur patterns for charr, and the ability to choose color of u’r horns. I’ve been waiting for this for 4 years now. Will we ever get it?

(and of course the equivalent racial features for other races too)

Kima & Co

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Tattoos for other races would be good. They could even be themed. Plant designs on Sylvari that glow at night, geometric designs for Asura for example.

Of course you’d only really be able to see them on females as most male armor hides all skin except the face, but it’s the thought that counts. Right?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

I’m waiting for someone to start a “features we want in the next expansion even though asking is rather silly” thread but I will say that this would be a great area to expand into with ascended and legendary trinkets.

This is kinda a hit-4-birds-with-one-stone argument. Why not have legendary trinkets and rings which overwrite base attributes like hair-style, skin-colour and race-specific accessories when equipped.

1) It would give some meaning to levelling the jeweller craft – and then levelling it up to 500.

2) It could permanently (almost completely) solve the “scanty-female-armor” problem by allowing females to change their default skin type to one which appears to be wearing additional tight-fitting clothing – which could change the look of extremely scanty armors to varieties of more modestly dressed trends.

3) You could give Char friggen neck armor -.-

4) You could expand on the extremely limited cultural accessories to more elaborate effects – with little development time. Make an accessory which gives norns glowy tattoos. Make a charr accessory which changes their tail to the existing flame legion char tail, make an accessory which changes eyes to glowy eyes, make a Sylvari accessory which gives a more crystalline version of a traditional hair piece – make a general use accessory which gives glowing eyes – which can now be matched with helmets.

Watching my character load one segment at a time, I’m almost convinced that swapping skin meshes is as easy as swapping armor piece meshed. While most skin meshes hardly show up with most attires (unless you making eye changing accessories), base character changing jewellery would be an extremely easy way to add style additions to the game. Skin variations are literally the equivalent of providing different colour schemes and particle effects to the exact same armour piece over and over again. Guess what the typical production time for a skin variation is likely to be then when developers neither have to develop a new armor mesh or worry about any clipping -.-

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Agreed—I would love to see more horn options especially. Since they released Rox’s horns for charr females I’ve been hoping new designs would come out.
New tattoo designs for other races would also be really nice.
I may post some sketch ideas for charr horns and racial tattoos in the next few days. I would encourage anyone else who is interested in expanding character creation options to post ideas and sketches of their own!