Housing and/or guild halls

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

This has been a long demanding subject. So here is a suggestion:

Housing, you first by a small lot, your personal story would decide where.
Then you buy upgrades like a garden with the cactus and the spores, a lot with the other nodes etc. A crafters corner.

The guild hall would have the same, but they have to pay in influence and merits. Then, once a guild is formed they align themself with an order, (the individuals choice wont be affected) and you can then complete rivalry against other guilds with different alignment. This would lead to a noncombat GVG.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

A moderator really should start pulling all these housing / guild hall threads together.

Posted by: Eight O Eight.8257

Eight O Eight.8257

A moderator really should start killing all these housing / guild hall threads as soon as they appear.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I would like guild halls

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Maybe Anet should actually SAY something meaningful about the subject. Maybe post a sticky and keep it updated, listing features they definitely are or are not working on (preferably with a brief description of what they’re aiming for), and there might be fewer threads. They could learn a thing or two from SOE about transparency (regarding the EQN/Landmark roadmap).

Anet’s excessive silence about what they’re doing fuels excessive suggestions about what we hope they are. And hopefully if they see certain things pop up enough they will take it seriously enough to actually make it a priority.

All that said, absolutely bring on the Halls and Housing.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we heard something about it during this season.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I don’t want housing based on my PS because I want one house where I can find all my characters.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

you should take a look at my thread “new building skill and player owned houses” we talk a bit about guild halls there also

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

A moderator really should start killing all these housing / guild hall threads as soon as they appear.

Now now, if Admins kill it more will spring up, a good strategy would be to pull them all together so conversation can continue there and not lead to the creation of additional and overall non-contributing threads.

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Do not like the idea of “housing” but I haven’t really looked into “guild halls”. I truely could care less about a flipping house in a video game. If I wanted to play SIMS, I would just install that game.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Do not like the idea of “housing” but I haven’t really looked into “guild halls”. I truely could care less about a flipping house in a video game. If I wanted to play SIMS, I would just install that game.

In GW1 the Guild Hall was just a place hat you could buy services for your guild in a similar way that there are Guild Banks in major cities. It would station an NPC in the hall and members of the guild could visit it whenever they wanted.

Guild Halls had another bigger purpose: GvG. Battles between guilds would take place in their guild halls.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

A large part of any fantasy game is roleplaying, and a house plays a big part in that. Customization isn’t strictly needed, but at the very least the current home instances could be further expanded as was promised way back when GW2 actually sounded like it would have immersion.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.