Hovering shoulders

Hovering shoulders

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pumphdoof.9326

pumphdoof.9326

Dear players, devs and others,

Today I wish to discuss something that has been been bothering me in the game for quite a while now. The problem is that on some races and body types so many nice shoulders are nearly unusable. There are quite a lot of shoulder guards that hover a significant distance above the characters shoulders, making them look odd. As this makes some races and body types hard to customize I think it’s a real shame. I was wondering how likely it is that we would see improvements on this in the near future.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Can you provide some examples as to which armours on which race and sex combination? maybe even pictures? Those would help you with your post.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not all shoulders. Many are just outsized to the point of being ridiculous. It’s just certain ones where they’ve managed an unholy combination of ugly crossed with bizarre with shoulders being both oversized and floating.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Many shoulders are just ridiculously large but I hadn’t noticed the hovering (except the Zodiac which I believe are supposed to), until now. That of course makes them look even larger.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Male Charr Heavy armor suffers a lot from this!

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Male Charr Heavy armor suffers a lot from this!

Charr suffer the most from this, I think, it’s especially noticeable when running.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Male Sylvari also got the shoulder elephantiasis syndrome.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

It’s not all shoulders. Many are just outsized to the point of being ridiculous. It’s just certain ones where they’ve managed an unholy combination of ugly crossed with bizarre with shoulders being both oversized and floating.

Oh man that charr one is a perfect example. Yeah they should try to fix that and any other examples as soon as possible.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

This is one reason why charr are so hard to find a good look for — a lot of shoulder pieces are not only ridiculousy oversized, but also hover so far away from the body that you could drive a truck through the gap. The size and posture of charr characters makes it a lot more noticable than with other races, too.

One of the worst examples are the Chronomancer’s Epaulets, which I’d love to use for my charr mesmer if they weren’t quite so huge and floaty.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Freezy.4952

Freezy.4952

if only we got a few little sliders for size and offset, so many skin problems could be solved.

then just add dye channels for backpack and weapons and we would all be happier :P

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

if only we got a few little sliders for size and offset, so many skin problems could be solved.

then just add dye channels for backpack and weapons and we would all be happier :P

Slider scale for armor would definitely be an awesome improvement to character customization.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I think the Hall of Monuments (Heritage?) heavy shoulders on a sylvari male were a particularly egregious offender last time I previewed.

Hovering shoulders

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

On the flipside: If you want to make an Asuran-style armor set with lots of floaty bits, you won’t have problems finding a shoulder piece.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul