How Accurate is this crafting guide?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ranger Lus.1465

Ranger Lus.1465

http://gw2crafts.net/huntsman_fast.html Is the amount of gold that it says you need to get to level 400 still accurate? If not, about how much gold would I be looking at? Thank you!

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

It gets its data from the game in a semi-live way (it doesn’t constantly update, but it updates from the client semi-regularly). It’s going to be pretty much 100% accurate within a couple of silver.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Accurate enough for what it says. However it’s not able to predict what might sell better later or see items that can be sold for a bigger profit, but with higher risk.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It’s quite accurate, but less so than most believe. For example, for 400-500 crafting the guide does not take into account the necessary craftig of bloodstone bricks, etc. which you could use to skillup since you’ll need them at 500 anyway (unless you plan to buy all the mats on the TP).

Also the guide does not take into account possible salvaged insignias or inscriptions frome exotic items for example which you have a chance of retaining if you salvaged the finished item.

There might be more such examples at lower levels. Just fyi. Aside from that, the guide and page is solid.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Also the guide does not take into account possible salvaged insignias or inscriptions frome exotic items for example which you have a chance of retaining if you salvaged the finished item.

you cant salvage inscriptions from crafted exotics.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Cyninja.2954

Yes you can, you can’t salvage inscriptions from exotics from craftable inscriptions. That’s a difference.

Edit:
Let me clarify:

Exotic 1: built from a craftable inscription gets salvaged → inscriptions is not recovered

Exotic 2: built with an inscription from a drop exotic that has no recepie and is thus not craftable → the used inscription might get salvaged and can be reused or sold

How do I know? because I’ve done so in the past.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Wanze.8410

Yes you can, you can’t salvage inscriptions from exotics from craftable inscriptions. That’s a difference.

Edit:
Let me clarify:

Exotic 1: built from a craftable inscription gets salvaged -> inscriptions is not recovered

Exotic 2: built with an inscription from a drop exotic that has no recepie and is thus not craftable -> the used inscription might get salvaged and can be reused or sold

I am pretty sure you are wrong or must have made a wrong observation while doing so.

Just for clarification: You wont be able to salvage an exotic inscription off any exotic crafted weapon (pearl weapons).

How do i know? I have a spreadsheet with over 2300 results for salvaged exotic weapons (and for over 3000 exotic armor pieces) and probably have over 5000 unlogged salvages of exotic gear.
To make sure, i just put in a couple of buy orders for pearl weapons, crafted from salvaged inscriptions. So far, i made 13 salvages and didnt get any inscription.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Guide works just fine just don’t refresh the page
i got 3 crafting skills to 400 less than a week ago using it

Cyninja.2954

Edit:
Let me clarify:

Exotic 1: built from a craftable inscription gets salvaged -> inscriptions is not recovered

Exotic 2: built with an inscription from a drop exotic that has no recepie and is thus not craftable -> the used inscription might get salvaged and can be reused or sold

I am pretty sure you are wrong or must have made a wrong observation while doing so.

Just for clarification: You wont be able to salvage an exotic inscription off any exotic crafted weapon (pearl weapons).

How do i know? I have a spreadsheet with over 2300 results for salvaged exotic weapons (and for over 3000 exotic armor pieces) and probably have over 5000 unlogged salvages of exotic gear.
To make sure, i just put in a couple of buy orders for pearl weapons, crafted from salvaged inscriptions. So far, i made 13 salvages and didnt get any inscription.

I haven’t done weapon in a while, I did exactly that with armor and insignias not even 2 weeks ago while leveling my armorsmith to 500. If you still don’t believe me, ask a dev to check my logs.

If it doesn’t work on weapons that would be a bug or divergance from armors. The wiki must get updated too since it evens tates so that it works.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage

Quote:

Exotic items can produce Globs of Ectoplasm and Globs of Dark Matter. Exotic weapons and armor with non-craftable prefixes also have a chance to produce an inscription or insignia for that prefix.

As far as my observation, I crafted from 400-500 with the help of gw2crafts.net and after I hit 500 I salvaged all the exotics I had made and proceeded to sell the ectos and returned Insignias on the TP. got about 7-8 back and my net cost was reduced to way less than what gw2crafts said it would cost me to hit 500.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Cyn is correct here. You can get back insignias and inscriptions that are not craftable; you cannot get back insignias and inscriptions that are craftable.

IE: You can buy/salvage a Cavalier insignia (one you cannot craft) and make a pair of exotic boots with it; you’d then be able to salvage those boots for a chance to get that insignia back. However, if you tried to do that with a Berserker insignia, it would not work because Berserker is craftable.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orichalcum_Imbued_Inscription

“Some Inscriptions, such as Soldier, Cavalier, or Shaman, are only available by salvaging Exotic weapons with matching stats. Black Lion Salvage Kit has a 75% chance to retrieve an Inscription. "

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Cyninja and Wanze are saying the same thing, but using different words.

• You can get inscriptions and insignia by salvaging
  • However, this is only true if the inscript/insig itself can’t be crafted, regardless of source.
    For example, you can salvage a Soldier’s exotic and sometimes get an insign/inscript, because there’s no other source for that prefix.
    As a counter example, you can make Zerk insc/insig using Powerful Blood. Thus salvageable exotics from Arah tokens won’t yield inscripts/insigs.

See: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Acquisition_methods. If there’s a T6 fine mat ‘activator’ in the last column, the insig/inscript can be crafted.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

RoseofGilead.8907

Cyninja and Wanze are saying the same thing, but using different words.

Eh, not really. Wanze said:

“Just for clarification: You wont be able to salvage an exotic inscription off any exotic crafted weapon (pearl weapons).”

And that’s not true, as far as I know. The crafted standard exotic weapons can be made with either the crafted or the non-crafted inscriptions. The result, no matter what, will be a pearl weapon. The ones made with Cavalier, Dire, Magi, Rabid, Sentinel, Shaman, and Settler inscriptions will have the chance to give back an insignia.

Also, I believe Arah has a Rabid stat option, and Rabid is one of the ones that can give back the insignias/inscriptions.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Wanze.8410

There either is a bug involved between inscriptions and insignias or you all talking quaggan foo.

I am just testing with weapons and didnt check armor recently, last log about 6 months ago. But I will put in some buy orders for some exotic crafted armor with salvageable stats. Might be a bug or undocumented patch that I am not aware of.

To make things interesting, I will send 100g per mail to the account that first links video evidence of him/her, salvaging any inscription off a crafted lvl 80 pearl exotic weapon.

Edit: insignia→inscription in dare offer, cant salvage an insignia from any weapon.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Cyninja.2954

There either is a bug involved between inscriptions and insignias or you all talking quaggan foo.

I am just testing with weapons and didnt check armor recently, last log about 6 months ago. But I will put in some buy orders for some exotic crafted armor with salvageable stats. Might be a bug or undocumented patch that I am not aware of.

To make things interesting, I will send 100g per mail to the account that first links video evidence of him/her, salvaging any inscription off a crafted lvl 80 pearl exotic weapon.

Edit: insignia->inscription in dare offer, cant salvage an insignia from any weapon.

I had the same thought. I know it works on armor 100% but can’t be sure on weapons atm since I’ve leved wc over a year ago. Will be interesting to see results and report to anet.

If there is indeed a difference this could be put down as a bug and should get looked at and fixed.

Wanze.8410

Overall, i salvaged 27 pearl weapons now and didnt get a single insignia, I pulledm y buy orders because I am pretty sure, I am right in terms of pearl weapons.
FYI:
27 pearl weapons, 43 ectos, 25/23 t6 common mats, 15 dark matter.

15 crafted exotic armor pieces salvaged with salvageable stats, no insignia yet.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That crafting guide isn’t the most efficient. For instance, it doesn’t take discoveries into consideration, which could end up costing less, especially if you discover dozens of items that boost your crafting xp considerably.

RoseofGilead.8907

That crafting guide isn’t the most efficient. For instance, it doesn’t take discoveries into consideration, which could end up costing less, especially if you discover dozens of items that boost your crafting xp considerably.

The guides do use discoveries . . .

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

It’s quite accurate, but less so than most believe. For example, for 400-500 crafting the guide does not take into account the necessary craftig of bloodstone bricks, etc. which you could use to skillup since you’ll need them at 500 anyway (unless you plan to buy all the mats on the TP)..

The point of the site is to get to whatever level you’re after as quickly as possible, so of course they’re not going to count making loads of bloodstone bricks to level.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Cyninja.2954

It’s quite accurate, but less so than most believe. For example, for 400-500 crafting the guide does not take into account the necessary craftig of bloodstone bricks, etc. which you could use to skillup since you’ll need them at 500 anyway (unless you plan to buy all the mats on the TP)..

The point of the site is to get to whatever level you’re after as quickly as possible, so of course they’re not going to count making loads of bloodstone bricks to level.

Untrue. There is a normal guide which gives you the cheapest route to your target skill level, and then there is a fast guide which skips minor steps to speed up the process. You are missinformed sir.

Wanze.8410

Edit: insignia->inscription in dare offer, cant salvage an insignia from any weapon.

I had the same thought. I know it works on armor 100% but can’t be sure on weapons atm since I’ve leved wc over a year ago. Will be interesting to see results and report to anet.

If there is indeed a difference this could be put down as a bug and should get looked at and fixed.

Just salvaged 30-odd crafted armor pieces as well and didnt get any insignia.