How Do We Report Guild Puzzle Trolling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

A group of ex-guild members are trolling out guild puzzle. This includes dropping portals to portal us out of the puzzle, grabbing the hot eggs to lead the legendary drake away from the shrines and running ahead to get doors to close before we can portal stragglers past obstacles. How do we report this?

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Maybe if you have screenshots and video evidence, you could post it here to warn others about these guys.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Maybe if you have screenshots and video evidence, you could post it here to warn others about these guys.

Not adviced since name-calling on the forum leads to infractions.

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

just get another overflow, guest to another server , or whatever, it works. unless one of the ppl in the guild taxi them to u

i think it should work no?

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not sure if there’s not a problem with guesting for guild missions. Sometimes you may not get rewards. We’ve had that happen in our guild a couple of times.

But getting to another server without guesting should work.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Get account names if possible and the details and make a ticket to report them. Top of page- Support then top of page- Submit a Request.

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

this sounds funny!

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Also, if you spot their guild tag, talk to their guild leader. That is often a very effective way to get rid of these sorts of players.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Eight O Eight.8257

Eight O Eight.8257

Fill out a ticket:
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

At the top of the page click on the drop-down menu and select ’ In-Game Issue’.

Under the section ‘Specific Issue’ click on the drop-down menu and select ‘Violation Report’.

Be sure to have screen shots ready as most likely they will ask for them further down the investigative process.

Giotto.2607

Well, i’d say people has the ability to do what ever them want in this game. It’s not breaking game agreement for doing such of a thing in open public area. If your guild event is more organized, I don’t think this kind of thing would happen. Consider about yourself before blame the others.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

How do they know which guild puzzle you’re doing — or even that you’re doing one at all — if they aren’t in your guild anymore? Is a current member still feeding them this information? Sorry, I know that isn’t the point, but if you can keep them out of the loop on your guild’s activities then wouldn’t it solve your problems?

Giotto.2607

How do they know which guild puzzle you’re doing — or even that you’re doing one at all — if they aren’t in your guild anymore? Is a current member still feeding them this information? Sorry, I know that isn’t the point, but if you can keep them out of the loop on your guild’s activities then wouldn’t it solve your problems?

That’s the problem, as I mentioned, you should not be able to control anyone’s action in public area of the game.
Image you are playing a wvw, and running for the map comp, and people killed you, now you want to report him because he did that action in a public area which allows that happen.

Vayne.8563

That’s the problem, as I mentioned, you should not be able to control anyone’s action in public area of the game.
Image you are playing a wvw, and running for the map comp, and people killed you, now you want to report him because he did that action in a public area which allows that happen.

This is completely wrong. WvW is a place where the game instructs you to kill players. A better example was back in the beginning of the game, people figured out how to bug out certain skill points so no one could use them. Period. They were down until servers reset.

This is against the TOS of the game. It’s a bannable offense and anyone caught doing it SHOULD be banned. You’re not allowed to break the game because you want to have fun.

That’s what’s been happening in some guild puzzles. Guild Puzzles are cooperative not competitive. It’s how they were designed.

In another thread you complained about getting kicked out of a fractal. Why should you complain? Those people were doing what they wanted to do.

Giotto.2607

This is completely wrong. WvW is a place where the game instructs you to kill players. A better example was back in the beginning of the game, people figured out how to bug out certain skill points so no one could use them. Period. They were down until servers reset.

This is against the TOS of the game. It’s a bannable offense and anyone caught doing it SHOULD be banned. You’re not allowed to break the game because you want to have fun.

That’s what’s been happening in some guild puzzles. Guild Puzzles are cooperative not competitive. It’s how they were designed.

In another thread you complained about getting kicked out of a fractal. Why should you complain? Those people were doing what they wanted to do.

Well i did mention it to you the difference between the public area and instance area. They made guild jp in public area means that they allow this kind of thing happens.

Also, guild puzzle is shared for more than one guilds sometimes. Is this making sense, people who from the other guild who is also doing the same puzzle wanted to port their people out of the puzzle, and you and your mates used their port to get out.

Again, think about yourself before blame the others.

Vayne.8563

Well i did mention it to you the difference between the public area and instance area. They made guild jp in public area means that they allow this kind of thing happens.

Also, guild puzzle is shared for more than one guilds sometimes. Is this making sense, people who from the other guild who is also doing the same puzzle wanted to port their people out of the puzzle, and you and your mates used their port to get out.

I think you don’t understand the situation. If one person makes the puzzle unfinishable by anyone, that person is breaking a rule and commiting a bannable offense PERIOD. It doesn’t matter if the person is doing it in a public area, or an instanced area. You’re not supposed to exploit anywhere, you’re not supposed to break the game anywhere.

A while ago, there was a bug that you could link something in chat and it would crash the client and Anet banned people for linking it. Obviously that was in a public area. It was still against the rules.

Giotto.2607

I think you don’t understand the situation. If one person makes the puzzle unfinishable by anyone, that person is breaking a rule and commiting a bannable offense PERIOD. It doesn’t matter if the person is doing it in a public area, or an instanced area. You’re not supposed to exploit anywhere, you’re not supposed to break the game anywhere.

A while ago, there was a bug that you could link something in chat and it would crash the client and Anet banned people for linking it. Obviously that was in a public area. It was still against the rules.

You replay just has no logic, and please provide the evidence that "Anet banned people for linking it. " This is their fault, they suppose to fix it not ban people accident linking an item.

(edited by Giotto.2607)

Vayne.8563

You replay just has no logic, and please provide the evidence that "Anet banned people for linking it. "

I don’t care if you think it makes sense or not. Do some research if you’re interested. If you do something that “breaks” the game, it’s a bannable offense. There’s really nothing to argue here.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

It has nothing to do with being in a public area versus instanced area. Griefing is not “wrong” in a dungeon and “okay” in the open map. Furthermore, Vayne is not talking about preventing others from entering the guild puzzle, trying to play it themselves, or “controlling” the actions of others. He’s talking about disgruntled former guild members coming in and very specifically — and purposely — trying to sabotage their guild puzzle. This is called griefing, and should not be tolerated in the game.

I should clarify: when I asked “How do they know” you’re doing a guild puzzle, I was not implying that they innocently stumbled in there by mistake. They obviously know what they are doing, and are intentionally griefing their former guild. I was simply asking how they were able to find out the time and place to do such griefing, because determining that might cut off their ability to troll. I offered this comment as a treatment for a symptom, not a cure for the disease. Griefing other players should not be allowed, regardless of game mode, map, or personal vendettas.

If anything, being in a public, open-world area makes griefing more destructive. More people are involved, including potentially random other players who are not involved in these guild politics and just showed up to help out with the activity. There is no reason why it should be okay for a few trolls to intentionally sabotage a guild puzzle, or anything else.

Vayne.8563

The problems go deeper because it’s not an isolated incident. Today several guilds were doing Proxemics Lab and there was chain griefing going on. No one could finish it at all. That’s just not cool.

Astral Projections.7320

You replay just has no logic, and please provide the evidence that "Anet banned people for linking it. " This is their fault, they suppose to fix it not ban people accident linking an item.

They suspended people for exploiting that chat link. The ones suspended didn’t accidentally link it, they repeatedly crashed the client. And yes, they did fix it once they knew about it.

Celebratty.1632 thread
Hope you liked that proof kids, got a 2 week ban for that. Should be patched now, gg all the trolls who spammed it in wvw
September 17th,

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

They know the time of the week we do them. There are only 3 puzzles to check.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Since you really can’t do anything to stop them, you might want to consider changing the time you do your missions (at least for a couple of weeks).

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Since you really can’t do anything to stop them, you might want to consider changing the time you do your missions (at least for a couple of weeks).

If they’re just doing it for the lulz, doing it quietly when they don’t get the chance of screwing it up might just make them bored enough to move on to greener pastures.

I understand bot lane needs some feeding done.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

This is an internal guild matter and Anet probably will not get involved. The best thing to do is change the time you do guild puzzles and don’t announce it publicly. Hopefully you all have loyal members and these guildies don’t have friends inside the guild that will alert them to the time change. Also if they do do this again tell everyone involved to no react to them. Because this is just what they want to do is get the guilds attention and try to get you all angry. Because if you all get angry the they won and got a rise out of you.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

They know the time of the week we do them. There are only 3 puzzles to check.

If you have someone on your friendlist you can see where he is. So they don’t even have to check the puzzles. They just take a look at their friendlist and follow someone around whom they know of that he’s doing the guild-missions.

Someone in our guild has a stalker who uses this trick… -_-

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

LOL who makes you to take portal ? if they didnt verbal abuse you , you cant do nothing . Mesmer can place their portal everywhere and it is your choice to pick it up .

Astral Projections.7320

LOL who makes you to take portal ? if they didnt verbal abuse you , you cant do nothing . Mesmer can place their portal everywhere and it is your choice to pick it up .

Mesmers put ports down to help guildies who don’t make the jumps. These people are instructed to stand together in one spot and wait for the port. If the griefer puts a port down where these people are waiting then of course they are going to take it.

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

tell in guildchat where exactly they r putting portals. put them behind something or whatever

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Giotto.2607

They suspended people for exploiting that chat link. The ones suspended didn’t accidentally link it, they repeatedly crashed the client. And yes, they did fix it once they knew about it.

Celebratty.1632 thread
Hope you liked that proof kids, got a 2 week ban for that. Should be patched now, gg all the trolls who spammed it in wvw
September 17th,

I can say i got banned for eating a pie. That’s not a prove.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So there are those here defending someone’s right to grief others in-game and then make disparaging comments about how old someone is acting? Seriously?

The maturity level of some that play this game never ceases to amaze me….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

It has nothing to do with being in a public area versus instanced area. Griefing is not “wrong” in a dungeon and “okay” in the open map. Furthermore, Vayne is not talking about preventing others from entering the guild puzzle, trying to play it themselves, or “controlling” the actions of others. He’s talking about disgruntled former guild members coming in and very specifically — and purposely — trying to sabotage their guild puzzle. This is called griefing, and should not be tolerated in the game.

I’m not usually one that calls for harsh measures against “griefing”, primarily because its so easy for people to call someone a griefer in this game because of differing play-styles and/or priorities. However in this case – their intentions are very clear. I would take screenshots and file a ticket on them.

There is a large difference between a griefer that is annoying people versus a griefer that is actually breaking a part of the game for people.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver