How Many of You Just "Go With the Flow"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

There are sooooooooo many threads on changes: What should change? What shouldn’t change but is getting changed? What could be changed but probably shouldn’t be changed? Etc etc

How many of you just say “meh” when you see an update and deal with it passively… like you don’t care either way even if it forces a slight change in your play style.

I feel I have a pretty good idea of how many people are bothered by build updates from reading threads on this forum. How many of you guys are just apathetic kittens like myself?

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

*Raises hand*

I don’t get too worked up by much involving games. If something gets changed, I adapt like a rational, sane person. Some changes get me excited, but those that don’t, don’t even affect me in the slightest.

For example: The invisibility bug in WvW. Annoying? Sure. However, I still continued to play be either A: Relogging to fix it, or B: Made use of tab targetting and spammed abilities. lol

I’m sorry, but I believe that those that freak out or froth from the mouth over stupid things such as video game changes have more problems than they care to admit.

The only time I lose my cool is on the forums, when I see people making ignorant and truly crude remarks. Then i tend to go into ’It’s on’ mode. :P

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I do. As annoying as the Guardian Greatsword change was, it only took me a few minutes to get used it. I love this game, I’m willing to put with minor annoyances.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I get frustrated with changes that do things like moving skills on my bar but I get over it. Changes in skills? Well, the change to symbol recently (Guardian if not obvious yet) had me move around traits because the value of many of the traits I had chosen lost a LOT of value.)

I’m good again though.

So, minor changes and a couple major ones in my playstyle but I didn’t rage too much (Except for the moved skills….that was aggravating. I jumped off many a cliff for the last few days till I started getting the skill order memorized again.)

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Faux Sheaux.6179

Huzzah – you dudes chill as hell

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

More than likely, I might get overheated for a few minutes. After that I’m usually just meh whatever and try another approach.

Posted by: erock.1702

erock.1702

Apathetic kitten here! There may be a thing here and there that I don’t like or don’t agree with. But for the most part I’m having too much fun to care.

I know someone is going to come on here and say “well wait till you get to 80 – there’s nothing to do”. I don’t believe that one bit, I have 5 alts (between level 2 and 50) and can think of a million things to do with them after I hit 80 on them.

I totally agree with NetherDiver above:
“As annoying as the Guardian Greatsword change was, it only took me a few minutes to get used it. I love this game, I’m willing to put with minor annoyances.”

Posted by: Kendu Kuzal.3985

Kendu Kuzal.3985

Doesn’t really bother me. I’m not a Min/Max player or someone that is so competitive it bothers me if someone kills me or I can’t kill them.

Bugs that change gameplay bother me. I like it when they fix those. As long as I’m aware of what’s going on I’m usually pretty “meh” about change. I’m adaptable, and if it’s major they’ll fix it.

I’ve noticed in my many years of MMO’s that the people that ruin the game are the constant whiners and people asking to “nerf” or “buff” things. Usually the devs are forced into catering to them because they threaten to leave en mass. The good thing about GW2 is that it isn’t a monthly sub, so those whiners don’t have the same pull

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I always played healers or support characters in all my previous games. I had to “go with the flow” for the most part to remain sane. I main an Elementalist here, and while every patch weakens us in some way, I still enjoy playing that character over any other.

The only times I really get heated about a game change is when it’s a huge fundamental (in my opinion negative) change to the entire nature of the game.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

I’ve been playing MMOs for a long time. I’m also really into fighting games. I used to get worked up over buffs/nerfs/patches/fixes, but…

I don’t really care at this point. Whatever changes, I will adapt. Always.

Either you shape the metagame, or the metagame shapes you. It’s your choice.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I get a bit annoyed by some of the changes, but it’s nothing that really bothers me all that much. I can live with it, and sometimes there’s nice changes to make up for it.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Rick.1378

Rick.1378

There are sooooooooo many threads on changes: What should change? What shouldn’t change but is getting changed? What could be changed but probably shouldn’t be changed? Etc etc

How many of you just say “meh” when you see an update and deal with it passively… like you don’t care either way even if it forces a slight change in your play style.

I feel I have a pretty good idea of how many people are bothered by build updates from reading threads on this forum. How many of you guys are just apathetic kittens like myself?

It’s a video game. Every time people get their panties in a bunch it’s funny that it’s over something as unimportant. It’s an election year, there are homeless in the street, corporations are taking over, so many things in life to get anxiety about other than a video game that you can pick up or put down any time you feel like it.

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

Yeah, if I’m enjoying the game I usually go with the flow until I see something really glaring.

So far for this game it’s all flow. There’s a few things they can improve and obviously bugs to iron out but these things haven’t reduced my enjoyment of the game too much yet.

Faux Sheaux.6179

It’s a video game. Every time people get their panties in a bunch it’s funny that it’s over something as unimportant. It’s an election year, there are homeless in the street, corporations are taking over, so many things in life to get anxiety about other than a video game that you can pick up or put down any time you feel like it.

First World Problems.
Fix my Guild Wars faster pl0x

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

I like the fundamental of the game. That isnt going to change.

The only updates I would really pay attention to relate to pvp, then its important to note the tweeks.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Raises hand

I don’t get too worked up by much involving games. If something gets changed, I adapt like a rational, sane person. Some changes get me excited, but those that don’t, don’t even affect me in the slightest.

For example: The invisibility bug in WvW. Annoying? Sure. However, I still continued to play be either A: Relogging to fix it, or B: Made use of tab targetting and spammed abilities. lol

I’m sorry, but I believe that those that freak out or froth from the mouth over stupid things such as video game changes have more problems than they care to admit.

The only time I lose my cool is on the forums, when I see people making ignorant and truly crude remarks. Then i tend to go into ’It’s on’ mode. :P

Yeah…this is me also. Its just a game. I get wayy more worked up forum-wise than I ever do in game about anything.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I usually don’t care, but I have to admit, the ongoing nerfs I’ve been seeing where I believe buffing is needed, has started to irritate me. I have a few alts sitting on their hands because I don’t feel they’ve been well balanced compared to other professions, but most changes only seem to exacerbate the problems I have with them, not solve them.

And the Guardian greatsword change has caused me to shelve that toon as well. They really seem to have used a nerf-wrecking ball on that one, a bat not being enough to get the job done. At least I can rely on my Warrior being untouchable and remaining the PvE juggernaut that it is. Someone high up must play a Warrior…

Posted by: Avatar.1923

blacklight, seriously, you dont really “go with the flow” if you feel like everybody except the 1 or 2 very good builds are not worth playing.

the balance is actually quite solid for a two months old game.

anyway, yeah, you have to play dfferently in pvp and pve.
these are not the same game.
there is no reason to rush pve more than you would a single player game.

i dont get all the whining.

Raf.1078

I play ranger, guardian, warrior, thief and engineer. I have no problems with “balance” in any of them. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages. Its up to me to learn how to spec and play those classes.

I don’t expect the “game” to do that for me, nor will I get upset over some inconsequential nerf that barely affects the total gameplay of any class.

Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Blacklight.2871

blacklight, seriously, you dont really “go with the flow” if you feel like everybody except the 1 or 2 very good builds are not worth playing.

the balance is actually quite solid for a two months old game.

anyway, yeah, you have to play dfferently in pvp and pve.
these are not the same game.
there is no reason to rush pve more than you would a single player game.

i dont get all the whining.

I’ve played every single profession fairly extensively so I have a decent feel for them. This is why I know there a very definite imbalance between them. I play a Warrior now because I got tired of working twice as hard for half the pay off, even though I prefer the mechanics of other professions. But hey, I’ve got drops to farm if I want that expensive cultural armor, so I use the profession that appears to be tailor made to the task. And when I see the disparity between the top and bottom of the profession pile increasing, it does irritate me. You call it whining, I call it observation.

Now I said I usually don’t care about these changes. I played WoW for years without ever so much as reading the patch notes. I just didn’t care and I could figure out what I needed to while playing. I keep a much closer eye on this game though because I feel let down by most of the professions and I’m looking forward to seeing them improved to the point that they are fun to play, rather than frustrating. Unfortunately, each change seems to take the professions in the wrong direction. So I get irritated. When I have some confidence that a profession like the Elementalist is starting to feel a bringer of scorching murder rather than than a glass mouse with book of matches , I’ll be able to stop reading patch notes again. That’s the way I prefer to play.

For now though, I’ll content myself with going with the Warrior flow. I grow weary of my normal yawn-inducing rags and look forward to eventually, puttin’ on the ritz.

Faux Sheaux.6179

Look at all these cool cats.

I should rename this thread to ice ice.

Cause you’re all so chill.

Hah.

It’s been a long day, don’t judge me.

Blacklight.2871

I play ranger, guardian, warrior, thief and engineer. I have no problems with “balance” in any of them. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages. Its up to me to learn how to spec and play those classes.

I don’t expect the “game” to do that for me, nor will I get upset over some inconsequential nerf that barely affects the total gameplay of any class.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you’ve played a Warrior in addition to those other professions and don’t see a serious disparity, you just aren’t paying attention And ignore the PvP performance because I can’t comment on that.

blacklight;
simply put, if we go with the subject of the thread, you deinitely dont go with the flow.
you are slightly on the powergamer side, choosing the best farming build even if you dont like the mechanics, and grinding your way to a “gear” that will give you what exactly? not much.
imo, you should check out infinite easy mode grind games that this huge studio does, theres a game with panda and one with 4 acts and infinite better loot !

your call.

Sin.8174

Blacklight each class has its strengths and weaknesses. You can play every class out there, but you won’t master them all equally.

You know the saying ’Jack of all trades, master of none?’

Warriors are a well rounded tanky character. However, many other classes are just as viable and can perform well. Just because you prefer to take the easy way out doesn’t mean the rest of us do...

Also, may I say that I do not believe your claim of ’I usually don’t care’.. because 90% of your posting history is complaints about the game in many aspects.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

The only game change I’ve ever gotten really upset about was Star Wars Galaxies when they completely changed the fundamental mechanics. That was more sad than angry though. I do speak up if I think something is broken, but I don’t get too heated about it.

I believe ANet wants to make a great game, not just a profitable one. There are lots of opinions on what a great game is, but I don’t doubt their intentions, so I don’t get too worked up. And that’s just my opinion of course, lots of folks seem to feel otherwise.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

blacklights post about putting more “cool rare drops” is a good one imo.

i think the free to play format kind of made the designer put a lot of content out of loot possibility and thats a shame.
keys for chest, gems, transmute stone, repair can, town cloths..

loot would be spicier with all these sprinkled in in light dose.

Sin.8174

blacklights post about putting more “cool rare drops” is a good one imo.

i think the free to play format kind of made the designer put a lot of content out of loot possibility and thats a shame.
keys for chest, gems, transmute stone, repair can, town cloths..

loot would be spicier with all these sprinkled in in light dose.

The game isn’t 2 months old yet. give it time and we’ll see more item options in game.

Posted by: SideStep.1347

SideStep.1347

Same here.

Cant do WvW because of it obvious flaws plus I dont have guild.

Cant do last dungeon(see the game ending, had to youtube it) because no one is doing it.

Cant do dungeons because no one likes to do them, no one is doing them and the flaws they have.

Structure PvP wont earn any money towards gem.

So Im stuck in a rut with this game. Dont know what to do with it.

Oh yeah… I dont like to farm.

(edited by SideStep.1347)

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

I tend to go with the flow. Only one that really bothers me is the respawn times being so borked. It ruins the immersion when mobs respawn 15 seconds after you “vanquished” them. But I tend to swear at my screen and move on. :-)

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

I just go with the flow. I’ve just wrote a ‘thanks anet’ message, my first forum post as i feel they don’t get enough positive posts. :-)

Raf.1078

Blacklight wrote:

“…Sorry to be blunt, but if you’ve played a Warrior in addition to those other professions and don’t see a serious disparity, you just aren’t paying attention And ignore the PvP performance because I can’t comment on that….”

It ain’t all about dps. Its about the challenge of playing difficult classes regardless of inequalities.

Parity in video games is as boring as parity in football.

nicely said Raf.

problem is; gear that isnt soulbound can be grinded by the warrior for lets say, the ele?

i am not masochist enough to play that way, but a lot of blizzard type players are.

Raf.1078

I have no problem with that, Av. Altaholic that I am, I’m always saving nice gear picked up by another toon for another alt. Bank is full of stuff for upcoming alts or for sale later if the alt finds something better.

But I don’t set out to grind gear for one alt with a higher alt. If it happens, fine…but its only in course of normal gameplay.

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

I am in the “Nerfs and other changes you might not like happen, deal with it.” camp. Every time someone whines because it might take them a couple seconds longer to kill something, I feel like smacking someone…>.>

As long as the changes don’t render the game literally unplayable, I really don’t care.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

T How many of you guys are just apathetic kittens like myself?

I just wanted to say that Apathetic Kittens would be a great name for a band!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Zionka.6897

Zionka.6897

I go with the flow. The biggest thing is, I want to continue trusting ANet’s judgement on what the game is and will be. I love it just the way it is, and honestly, I’d like to see them keep on doing their own thing and not cave too much to demands. They’ve made a great game that I love. I hope in a year it will have the same feel.
There is a fine line between adding on and true change. Too many MMOs in my past became junk from starting great due to the developers scrambling to make everyone happy and ending up with “just another mmo” that looked and felt like everything else out there.
I think if we just go with the flow and let them do their thing we won’t be disappointed.

~Jade Quarry Server~

Posted by: GreenZap.1352

GreenZap.1352

“It ain’t all about dps. Its about the challenge of playing difficult classes regardless of inequalities.
Parity in video games is as boring as parity in football.”

The problem with this is that this rings true for a single player game but as soon as a game has a competitive (PVP) platform, classes most be compared to each others in both PvP and PvE.
That some classes are “harder” ATM then others is just a testament to that the game is badly designed-. It’s a great game in many ways but they really fekked up when it comes to PvE balancing or rather PvE class design.

Zayn Al’Sabaan
Elonian sword-dancer, poet and bard
Greatsword Chronomancer