How Much is Your Account Worth?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

HELLO! If you use GW2 efficiency, then it should display what the total worth of your account is. Mine is about 22k gold. What about yours?

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

HELLO! If you use GW2 efficiency, then it should display what the total worth of your account is. Mine is about 22k gold. What about yours?

0g- Account and character bounds items can’t be traded

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

wuuut? no impossible. You should have at least exotic armor. Im sure you didnt look in the right section.

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

About tree-fiddy.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

For me, I’d say my account is worth about a week’s worth of super nachos.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Too bad usernames don’t affect net worth. The amount people will pay…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

whos really so dumb to write down here about their account’s worth in a forum like this where basically everyone, even people that aren’t real GW2 players can read it?

Thats like screaming out loud..

Hack this account, because its so and so much worth of real money!! shakes head

PS. wouldn’t be surprised if we see now somewhen in the distant near future the OP’s account beign hacked, because he claimed here that his account is 22k Gold worth, whats for gold sellers/hackers alot of RMT cash, if they should get to successfully steal such accounts…. and later if it really should happen, then the screaming is really loud, because of all the lost stuff ect pp. from the hacked account – especially if that hacker was then so vicious to eventually delete also everything after the money has been made first …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

whos really so dumb to write down here about their account’s worth in a forum like this where basically everyone, even people that aren’t real GW2 players can read it?

Thats like screaming out loud..

Hack this account, because its so and so much worth of real money/Gold!! shakes head

PS. would be surprised if we see now somewhen in the distant near future the OP’s accoutn beign hacked, because he claimed here that his account is 22k Gold worth, whats for gold sellers alot of RMT cash if they get to steal such accounts…. and later if it really should happen, then the screaming is really loud, because of all the lost stuff ect pp from the hacked account, if that hacker was so vicious to eventually delete everything after the money has been made …

Most of the account value is skins, minis, account bound item etc. it’s not stuff you can steal.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Orpheal.8263

Sure is, still, you don’t need to be so naive on forums like this to shout out such informations into the wild, which might draw just only attention for these kinds of people that they are basically looking for….

Even if most of the value is skins ect pp, such high valued accounts surely will have also alot of fluid cash either somewhere on characters, or in their account chests lieing around …

Also UNUSED valuable skins like black lion stuff can be sold for gold, which then can be turn to money if solt as gold to people … Not all skins are accountbound.

And even if most of the stuff is accountbound, then they can still sell the stolen accounts itself…
Lazy people exist more than enough, which are willing to buy accounts, that have already like xx character slots and all kinds of account upgrades unlocked or which all kinds of visual fluff already…

You just need to take a quick look into Ebay, how many people are trying there for alot of money to sell accounts …. and I don’t want to know how many of them are stolen accounts from hackers, that make this way their money …

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug

I don’t see how knowing your account value or your display name tells anyone anything about how to hack your account. They need the email and password and to get past your SMS, none iof which is guessable from this information.

My account value according to gw2efficiency is 30k

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Mine is a little over 28k.

Orpheal.8263

I don’t know, all I know is that I got somehow hacked roughly 4 years ago with everythign that this person who did it was able to know only was the display name and nothing else…

If I’d know how these guys do what they do, then I surely wouldnt react on topics like this like now, because its naive to mention any kinds of accoutn information lonline anywhere, where people like this are constantly in search for all kinds of information they can somehow use to locate the kinds of data they need to hack you.

It should be simply of everyones own personal interest not to boast in any kind of online platforms about any kinds of account informations that might draw the interest of hackers to you, because they might find something of value or their interest on your account that they can turn into cash for them.

Maybe its just over reaction, but bare with someone who got already hacked for having just after that far more awareness for things, that really shouldnt be mentioned imo online about accounts for your own safety Just mean it in a good way

PS. starts already that these sites make usage of API-keys with that hackable external internet sites are able to read partwise informations of your accounts with that they provide their “features” like telling you how much worth your account has.
If someone should ever hack these foreign websites, then they can get their hands on these api keys rthere and thus could receive potentially infos of your accoutns, that might eventually help them to identify your accounts completely to steal them – who knows ..such sites simply are risky to use in my opinion.

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You guys make me feel like my account is worthless

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

I don’t know, all I know is that I got somehow hacked roughly 4 years ago with everythign that this person who did it was able to know only was the display name and nothing else…

If I’d know how these guys do what they do, then I surely wouldnt react on topics like this like now, because its naive to mention any kinds of accoutn information lonline anywhere, peopel peopel like this are constantly in search for all kinds of information they can somehow use to locate the kinds of data they need to hack you.

It should be simply of everyones own personal interest not to boast in any kind of online platforms about any kinds of account informations that might draw the interest of hackers to you, because they might find something of value or their interest on your account that they can turn into cash for them

LOL you’re a bit too late to be worrying about account security – pretty much when you signed up. The old master account site for the gw1 had a bug where merely attempting to log into your own account randomly logged you into someone else account giving you complete control of their account. They haven’t been increasing security from ip id, email auth, and now two factor for no reason. Just a while ago one of the anet personal account was hacked.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Account value: 368,018g 35s 36c

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Ah, I think it’s because you set your password to “password”.
But I might be wrong.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If I’d know how these guys do what they do, then I surely wouldnt react on topics like this like now, because its naive to mention any kinds of accoutn information lonline anywhere, peopel peopel like this are constantly in search for all kinds of information they can somehow use to locate the kinds of data they need to hack you.

It should be simply of everyones own personal interest not to boast in any kind of online platforms about any kinds of account informations that might draw the interest of hackers to you, because they might find something of value or their interest on your account that they can turn into cash for them

LOL you’re a bit too late to be worrying about account security – pretty much when you signed up. The old master account site for the gw1 had a bug where merely attempting to log into your own account randomly logged you into someone else account giving you complete control of their account. They haven’t been increasing security from ip id, email auth, and now two factor for no reason. Just a while ago one of the anet personal account was hacked.

The API is separate from the game and read-only. There’s very little risk in using that website.

The account being “hacked” (not the term I would use) had nothing to do with the API. It was because of a mistake by customer service.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Just a while ago one of the anet personal account was hacked.

That was hacked using social engineering (i.e tricking a CS person) and it was a GW1 account.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the highest my account’s value has been was 146,094g

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

As far as I know nothing at all. All of my current assets are not salable.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Gw2efficiency calculates the complete value of your account, as far as it can. So minis, dyes, skins, etc, all count towards your account value.

For example, mine is 30k of which 14k is weapon and armor skins, 4k is dyes and 400g is mini pets, all of which are in the wardrobe. It also appears to count the cost of crafting items so if you have a Legendary or ascended gear it counts that cost and not the 1 gold vender cost. Someone can have a high account value and be almost broke.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Given the ability to hack accounts, this seems a suspicious thread.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anyone who uses GW2/E can make their account wealth public; no need to ask here.

“Worth” is the value of everything that one would have to spend to acquire the same unlocks and bound items today. (Plus, it’s pretty unlikely that you have absolutely nothing in storage that can be traded.)

• Hackers don’t need to parse this thread. The 1,000 people with the highest API on each world already have their account names available on the leaderboards, and API is a decent proxy for both wealth and tradeable value.
  • Wealth isn’t the same as tradeable value. It’s a good proxy for it, but, e.g. someone who just bound themselves a legendary will have a huge boost in wealth and a similarly-sized drop in trade value.
  • Hackers don’t typically target victims by their wealth — they target them by vulnerability, same as thieves in the real world. In my hood, for example, there’s been a huge increase in package theft — to date, only people who allow carriers to deliver without a signature have been affected, i.e. those who offer an easy target.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Gw2efficiency calculates the complete value of your account, as far as it can. So minis, dyes, skins, etc, all count towards your account value.

For example, mine is 30k of which 14k is weapon and armor skins, 4k is dyes and 400g is mini pets, all of which are in the wardrobe. It also appears to count the cost of crafting items so if you have a Legendary or ascended gear it counts that cost and not the 1 gold vender cost. Someone can have a high account value and be almost broke.

498g 34s 58c

Just a flesh wound.3589

498g 34s 58c

:)

Over the 4 years I’ve played I did a fairly extensive amount of skin hunting. As far as I know I have every karma skin and all the regular crafted skins, as well as a number of skins from drops and some mystic forge skins. I also spent over 2 years crafting ascended weapons for all my level 80. Those skins, dyes, minis, ascended weapons, etc make up about 95% of the value of my account. The rest is the mats in my bank and some gold.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

Highest I have seen mine was 31k. I am now down to 20.5k. Been giving out quite a bit of stuff and helping other guilds grow, not to mention poor speculation choices.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

11,062g 09s 07c , more than I thought it would be