How People Get Into Fights On GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

By fighting over who is going to activate the guild race banner. That’s right. If you want your kittening personal reward chest, you have to start the race. If your guild doesn’t start the guild race, and activate the banner, you don’t get personal credit even if you completed the race.

Now what kind of bullkitten is this. It’s been months now since HoT release, and still this kitten is bugged. WHY!? I just wasted an hour an half trying to figure this out, and finally realized you can’t get personal rewards unless the guild YOUR IN, starts the mission.

Stupidest idea ever, to gate this behind an exclusive activation, on a one instance map accessible by everyone, and gated behind a 30 minute time wall!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

That’s long been fixed.

I’ve completed the race numerous times under another guilds “banner” while not repping them and got credit.

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

That’s long been fixed.

I’ve completed the race numerous times under another guilds “banner” while not repping them and got credit.

Well my experience 10 minutes ago says otherwise, along with everyone else on map chat complaining. Maybe they had missed the one Bear Lope, and didn’t fix that one.

Posted by: wildmanviper.4351

wildmanviper.4351

I usually run it once and accept credit at the end. The only one I had issues with was the Quaggan one.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

What you stated is incorrect, there must be another reason for you not getting your reward. Perhaps you forgot to start your own GM or maybe 15 (or whatever the req was) didnt finish the course? Numerous other possibilities, but running under another guild isnt one of them (and I did bear lope about 90 mins ago).

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

Our guild starts the race even if another guild is currently running it and it seems to give everyone in our guild credit, even if we run it concurrently with the other guild. We accept credit and (almost?) everyone gets their jiggly chest. Sometimes it’s buggy but there are a lot of factors to check. The few times I’ve had problems I ran the course again and got the reward.

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s possible that the last patch changed things again. There’s no question that something is wonky behind the scenes with the guild mission code. It seems there’s always something new and often something bugged with each new patch.

That said, I doubt it’s intentional; it’s just a bug.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Did dredgehaunt race a few days ago under another guild’s banner and got the reward. It’s only given at the end of the rush timer though, not when I finish it.

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

I piggybacked on someone’s Bear Lope yesterday with one of my side guilds and got both personal credit and rewards as I hit the finish line, and guild favor for accepting mission credit afterward. Not sure what might have happened with OP.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

My 3 man guild has been piggybacking on other guild’s races for weeks since they fixed the bug. The key seems to be making sure your timer will run out AFTER the guild that started it. If your timer runs out first, it will fail. If it runs out after, you will get a prompt asking you if you want to accept credit. Say yes. This has worked every time for us.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

This happens if two guilds have overlapping missions, but not the same difficulty of mission.

For example, if you’re doing a race at the medium mission slot/time, and you activate it while someone else is doing it at the hard slot/time, you will not get credit as it is not technically the same mission, and thus you will not get the chest.

The same is true for bounty targets. if you’re doing a 1 target bounty, and someone else is doing a 5 target bounty, and the 5 target bounty guild activates the mob, you won’t get credit for the single target bounty if you jump in and assist their attempt.

In order to get credit you have to be doing the exact same mission as whatever guild initiated it, not just the same content

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

In order to get credit at a Guild Rush when another guild is doing it, you must 1) rep a guild that has the race active in their Mission Panel and 2) complete the race.

I’m one of 2-3 active players in my guild, so each week I join in on other guild’s races to complete the activity for my guild and to get my weekly credit. The fact that this does work means 2-3 guilds with say, 3-5 members each, can complete the race together and all 3 guilds get the reward as long as 15 players finish during the race.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs