How about a refund of double skins?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well, nice all these changes… but what about the losses? For me as a player?

My 2 Flamekissed Armors? Both on my Ele? 800gems wasted
My 3 Sets of Profane? All 3 on my necro? 1000 gems wasted
My 2 Grenth Hoods? Both On my necro? well don’t remember the price but 300-500?
My 3 Toxic Mantles? All 3 On my necro? 2 times 400?
My 3 Toxic Gloves? All 3 On my necro? 2 times 400
My 2 Marjory’s Daggers? Both on my necro? 650?
My 2 Medium Aetherblade armors? On my engineer and my ranger? 800 gems wasted

That’s about 4000+ gems just being made useless… What now? Will I get compensated? Do I get a minimum of 4000 gems refunded? Or just 2 or 3 free unlocks of exotic skins? or 125 transmutation uses?

Double dyes from bought sets?… luckily I don’t favor RNG based stuff from the BLTP….
But getting a “unidentified dye” in return I got over 300 dyes unlocked on my ranger alone… and now? The other 8 characters have their own dye sets…

Can’t be bothered to make 2 bifrosts you know , as the skins cost 1 transmutation charge now.

I am happy I didn’t make double legendaries… It would have made me… well very dissapointed….

As does the feeling I’ve been ripped off…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I don’t see how it is needed to refund you gems. You bought them, used them, geared them, dyed them. A main disclaimer is game play is subject to change. Not once where you forced, ordered, demanded to buy said items. You opted to purchase them. And use them.

I also have countless sets of identical armor, skins, t3 racial sets. Will I get a redid nope. I choose to buy them more then once same as you.

Cause like all fine print everything is subject to change.

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Oh, look. Another “I deserve a refund”-thread. Well guess what; You don’t. There is nothing being taken away from you. In fact, you get unlimited of those purchased skins, which means a-net is giving you something. You were fine with having spent money on 2 duplicates, but now you want a refund because you get more for free?

sigh

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Still had I known this I’d only bought only 1 of each.

I’m not complaining about the 7 Salvage-o-matics, my 6 sets of perm-tools or the first skin I bought from each set. I wanted those, else I wouldn’t have bought them but I honestly must say I find this unfair. And I want to be compensated for it.

Maybe you do not care about it, Well I do.

4000+ gems is a lot of RL cash or ingame cash however you see it.

If you go to a store and buy 3 pants for 100 euro each and next day you come back and there is a sign: “well we can copy your pants infinitely from now on for only 5 euro” you’d be discontent as well. You might say well that’s nice I’ll do so the next time, but when you get home you will think: “what could I have done with the 190 euro I spend yesterday buying 3 pants , which I could have bought today for 110.”

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Had I known what the powerball numbers were today I would have purchased a lottery ticket.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Oh, look. Another “I deserve a refund”-thread. Well guess what; You don’t. There is nothing being taken away from you. In fact, you get unlimited of those purchased skins, which means a-net is giving you something. You were fine with having spent money on 2 duplicates, but now you want a refund because you get more for free?

sigh

Well no, nothing is taken away indeed, but my skin cost double or triple the amount it will have cost you.

And yes I can copy it infinitely but my base cost was a multiple of most other persons. And the cost of copying it is the same.

And the cost of copying it would be 6 uses for 1 armor, and I would get 25transmutation crystals if I would have bough transmutation crystals instead. of a 800 gem armor skin

so my loss would be :
19 transmutation crystals for an 800 gem armor
9 transmutation crystalsfor a 500 gem armor,
11 transmutation crystals for a 400 gem armor piece
18 transmutation crystals for a 650 gem weapons skin

In the end it will run up to 100+ transmutation crystals costing 800 gems per 25

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Based on past behavior with the unlimited tools, you’ll be able to work with Support to return your duplicates.

There may be so many people in your situation (to a lesser degree, that’s a LOT fo duplicates ) that they may even automate the process just to save on the mental wear and tear for their Support folks.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Had I known what the powerball numbers were today I would have purchased a lottery ticket.

Well tha same for me, But I’m not playing the lottery am I?

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Based on past behavior with the unlimited tools, you’ll be able to work with Support to return your duplicates.

There may be so many people in your situation (to a lesser degree, that’s a LOT fo duplicates ) that they may even automate the process just to save on the mental wear and tear for their Support folks.

I Sincerely hope so. Even If I’d only get transmutation uses in return I’d be satisfied.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I would liek that but it would be too complicated…

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Honda is in a lawsuit because their vehicles don’t run on gasoline as advertized but instead pure diamond dust and a dinosaur blood mixture.(subject to change).
Don’t worry though, Honda will be ok. They have something in the fine print.

As said by the big guy himself Mr. Bush.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

What do people always think they get a refund. You bought it used and now complain that you won’t have to buy them again. And as for you pants, it’s not next day you have had those skins awhile, toxic for sure stop complaining, you opted to buy them again not a single person said you HAD to buy them you did so knowing for sure it was a duplicate piece.

4,000 gems is 50.00 usd I buy that weekly. Why I want the betterment of the game, and they can’t make it better unless I make sure they have a pay check. How much you gonna complain when they close the game.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I am in the same boat as the OP, feeling really ripped off. Those who didn’t pay a ton of real money to get duplicates of dyes/skins/outfits, tec. for their alts find it really easy to tell others to stop whining…

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

sigh

Only those that doesn’t know how much work or money is involved doesn’t see the problem at all.

They might as well give free legendaries to everyone.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Patch Notes:

May 13th :

Twilight is now mint green in colour
All T3 cultural armor is now non dyable and also mint green.
All drops are reduced by 66% to reflect economic disparity.

Subject to change doesnt mean you have to sit and take it. What if you wage was subject to change or your wife/husband’s marital status?

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

No, it wouldn’t. Even both the items you used to transmute an item still exist in the database, so unless you completely erased the armor skin from the database It should still be there. This is a database based game, all you purchases are documented from start. This could also be a way to backtrack your purchases.

And just refunding on all skins bought after the first one on any account is scriptable.
I probably wouldt like to write the script but in my limited mind about DB scriptiung it’s doable for sure.

- said being a former oracle programmer -

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have a lot of duplicate gem store skins. I bought them for alts and have been using them for months. I don’t expect a refund. Those skins stay on my alts and I won’t have to use charges to keep them on my alts. If my duplicate skins were refunded and removed, I would then need to use/buy charges to put them back on my alts. Again, I’ve been using those skins for months now, some almost a year. I’d say I got my money worth.

The Burninator

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Running an audit of your Black Lion sales record looking for duplicate purchases is a trivial database query.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Use them before you have to pay the transmute cost from the Wardrobe. Treat it like a prepaid system.

Hang on, were these stored or used? If you’ve used them then they’re used already. What’s the fuss.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

They have been used

I got profane armor on all 3 main armors of my necro with the toxic shoulders and the toxic gloves.
I got 2 secondary armors for my ele , both with flamekissed armor
I got 2 marjory’s daggers on my necro…. bought these a week ago…

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I think a fair few of us are in the same boat.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

why do you have 2 and 3 sets of gem store armor per character?

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Because I like having the same character when I switch armors I guess

Attachments:

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Patch Notes:

May 13th :

Twilight is now mint green in colour
All T3 cultural armor is now non dyable and also mint green.
All drops are reduced by 66% to reflect economic disparity.

Subject to change doesnt mean you have to sit and take it. What if you wage was subject to change or your wife/husband’s marital status?

They are I can be fired, and the marital status is called a divorce. Everything is subject to change.

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

I’m not even one of the people that has bought multiple skins from the gem shop (though I’ve spent hundreds in general), but I can see why people would want to be compensated for doing so. All of the examples above dictating that this person shouldn’t be compensated are, quite frankly, not well thought out.

If ArenaNet doesn’t want to compensate someone for supporting their game with virtual items, then that’s on them. But they must have thought of the consequences of not doing so.

This person and many people like him have spent a lot of money on this game. Compensate them because they will continue to do so in the future. If they don’t continue spending money, there is no loss except for a few minutes of support time on ArenaNet’s end. If ArenaNet shuns people that spend money on the game, then they should be prepared for the consequences.

I have a feeling that most people against compensation are simply players that don’t spend money past the initial purchase…

Posted by: Jennalee.2906

Jennalee.2906

It’s a bit different when you know the changes are coming but you don’t tell players in a timely manner because the scheduling of your hype train apparently is more important than giving players the information they need to make a suitably informed decision.

Duplicates I bought months ago? Fair enough, I can let them go. Duplicates I stocked up on during the one day March sales when details of the feature patch are fleshed out and devs have been dropping hype bombs about how awesome it is but neglected to inform you it’s not wise to buy doubles with the changes coming in one month to save you paying ~20x more for what will become limited use transmute charges? I call that bait and switch.

While I do hope they will do the reasonable thing and provide refunds for those purchases, as far as I can tell there has been no official information specifically stating how it’s going to be handled, only costume items. There has been however a whole lot of silence, calculated distractions, funneling forum feedback into huge multithreads to get lost and stalling tactics to try and keep people quiet and patiently waiting until the 15th.

Do you find that an acceptable way to be treated over concerns about being potentially ripped off goods purchased with real money, and potentially a significant amount? I don’t and if this isn’t handled suitably I’ll have to reevaluate how much I’m willing to put money in ANets’ pockets which has so far been in the hundreds.

(edited by Jennalee.2906)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Anet should give cash refunds considering the locker feature was probably talked about a long time ago and work started on it after the wallet was implemented in August of last year.

Personally, I’d stop playing if I was in your position and didn’t get a refund.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

Yes, they should offer refunds for everything and then roll back accounts to the point of purchase because the months of having those things were apparently not important.

JustTrogdor.7892

Yes, they should offer refunds for everything and then roll back accounts to the point of purchase because the months of having those things were apparently not important.

Exactly. I feel bad for CS come April 15th. They are going to get hit hard with all sorts of crazy stuff and the sad thing is it will slow down the response for those with real CS issues.

The Burninator

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Refunds are usually not put high on the priority list, so other actually issues will come first.

JustTrogdor.7892

Refunds are usually not put high on the priority list, so other actually issues will come first.

I don’t know about that and you can’t confirm that. The more support requests the more the limited resources of CS have to deal with. If people start spamming CS with, “I bought 3 skins and used them for 6 months but now I want a refund,” it is going to bog down support because even if it isn’t high priority CS still has to do triage which slows them down.

The Burninator