How about the Blade Shards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Auric.3742

Auric.3742

Are they still going to be used for something? I know it has been promised to have some use for it. Is the use to take up bank slot so you have to buy more bank slots? Or am I just expecting it within the decade and I am just being impatient waiting for the year 2021? Or is it the year 2101?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, there are all the Spinal Blade back-pieces and Gift of Blades versions, as well as Blade Shard promotion. Who knows what other recipes might follow?

Auric.3742

A long long time ago, new uses for blade shards were promised. I am just wondering what year they will come out. If they mean to release it 10 to 20 years from now, they should not have said it will be coming soon, unless of course that is what they mean by soon?

Posted by: Candyroxi.6473

Candyroxi.6473

They released a NPC in Labyrinthine Cliff to trade blade shards for some equipment bags during Festive event.

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

They released a NPC in Labyrinthine Cliff to trade blade shards for some equipment bags during Festive event.

^ this was the only “promised” other use for shards beyond the back piece… and its gone for the time being. sorry you guys somehow missed it?

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

and here iam needing blade shards to make my spinal backpack , but i can’t because i can’t get blade shards anymore unless i rob a bank

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

You can mystic forge watchwork sprockets to get blades.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

You can kill Aetherblades in EoTM or Twilight Arbor dungeon too.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

That’s what he meant by rob a bank, acquiring blade shards in bulk is a gold/time sink.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

They also come from the sprocket generator. A few each day.

But yea, I made my spinal backpack from scratch post season one. It took a whole lot of money. I only got my Watchwork pick afterwards. That would have made it much easier tbh!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Auric.3742

OK, so that is what we are supposed to wait for? Can anyone in ANet verify this. Is this it for blade shards? I would like to destroy them and free up quite a few bank slots for something else “useful”. So ANet please verify.

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Hold them and hug them !

I spent so ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ much gold transmuting watch work sprockets to blades shards for the spinal back, it hurts inside to see people trashing them

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

yeah that was literally the hype anet gave us. the merchant at Labrynth Cliff, to trade in for those boxes. should really expect anticlimax when anet hypes things like that.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^