How are you all enjoying Pre. collections?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I was loving it until I got to the end of the T1 dusk line and it bugged out. Now I’m sitting here and wondering how long it’ll be before they finally patch in the fix. That way, I can enjoy the scavenger hunt that I was promised with the base game I bought 3 years ago… the scavenger hunt I had to pay another 50 bucks to access. Yes, I’m now salty.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I find this collection system very boring.

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

I love the theory but I made the apparently big mistake of wanting to make The Chosen, so I’d have to pay gold equal to two or three of them to start the collection. I’m a bit salty myself.

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

I gave up after I heard how much of everything I needed to make it lol I’m just gonna farm up the gold instead lol

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

It’s great up until the actual crafting part.

EDIT: My biggest issue with the crafting components is that it requires a lot of ascended materials, and rewards an exotic at the end. To me, it’s hard to justify using those mats for it, when I still don’t have any ascended armor or weapons crafted.

(edited by Phy.2913)

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

It was fun till I got the first recipe (bifrost) then it became yet another gold sink. Which after doing the math it will most likely be easier and cheap to just buy the pre.

For those that want the math:
So it takes 35 spirit wood planks (~258g on tp) or 1750 trees to chop down (sounds like fun right?) no counting elder wood, then 10 asc leather (~78g) then there’s the pvp glory and wvw things (~60g) or how ever long it take to get those (200 of each), haven’t had time to find out. Equals out to 396G for just the tier one, remember there are 2 more I can only assume will will want just as much or more = 1,188G (188 over current TP price)

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

Fantasitc. i did Spark. Vol.1 collection cost absolutely nothing becuase it was collections and running here to there to find things. Vol. 2 was okay 10 of eahc blade 10 of each handle, 250 Mithril daggers, 20 Deld.ingots 10 leather, ( allaround about 2500 mithril ore. And thats pretty much it. Vo. 3 was just a collections again running around mixing parts together. So only 1/3 of the adventure required some gold .

I guess because I play the game and keep what I craft instead of selling it on the tp everyday (such as 90% of those complaining) it was super easy and fun. Started by 2nd now for some profit but its bugged so that sucks. First people where complaining “I’ve thrown over thousands of gold into the forge and not gotten a pre” and now its " The guaranteed way to get the pre costs too much compared to the OTHER guaranteed way." The expansion released and the market is going to be fluctuating for while on alot of stuff. You aren’t the only people trying to make these things so guess what, people are buying making prices go up and people are selling at higher prices because they know people wil buy them. If the cost of crafting is that bad for you then don’t buy the materials FARM THEM. Boo-hoo you can’t have your percursor within 1 week since release; some privilege you got there.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Its hit or miss really. Quips first collection was really entertaining. The Predator’s collection was a buggy mess.

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

It was fun till I got the first recipe (bifrost) then it became yet another gold sink. Which after doing the math it will most likely be easier and cheap to just buy the pre.

So it takes 35 spirit wood planks (~258g on tp) or 1750 trees to chop down (sounds like fun right?) no counting elder wood, then 10 asc leather (~78g) then there’s the pvp glory and wvw things (~60g) or how ever long it take to get those (200 of each), haven’t had time to find out. Equals out to 396G for just the tier one, remember there are 2 more I can only assume will will want just as much or more = 1,188G (188 over current TP price)

You assume wrong, from what I’ve been able to tell, the first stage is the most expensive stage, the next two tend to be cheaper.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Fantasitc. i did Spark. Vol.1 collection cost absolutely nothing becuase it was collections and running here to there to find things. Vol. 2 was okay 10 of eahc blade 10 of each handle, 250 Mithril daggers, 20 Deld.ingots 10 leather, ( allaround about 2500 mithril ore. And thats pretty much it. Vo. 3 was just a collections again running around mixing parts together. So only 1/3 of the adventure required some gold .

I guess because I play the game and keep what I craft instead of selling it on the tp everyday (such as 90% of those complaining) it was super easy and fun. Started by 2nd now for some profit but its bugged so that sucks. First people where complaining “I’ve thrown over thousands of gold into the forge and not gotten a pre” and now its " The guaranteed way to get the pre costs too much compared to the OTHER guaranteed way." The expansion released and the market is going to be fluctuating for while on alot of stuff. You aren’t the only people trying to make these things so guess what, people are buying making prices go up and people are selling at higher prices because they know people wil buy them. If the cost of crafting is that bad for you then don’t buy the materials FARM THEM. Boo-hoo you can’t have your percursor within 1 week since release; some privilege you got there.

Your arguments hold no water. Just because you can farm the materials doesn’t mean they’re free. In fact, as prices of the materials increase it becomes all the more interesting to just sell them and buy the precursor outright from the TP.

People seem to forget that getting the precursor is just a single step in the hideously long journey of a legendary. Apparently, making a precursor by itself should already take you half a year. This is not what we wanted.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Was excited by the stuff in the stream, but only cause they hid the asinine grind aspect well.

Not going to touch it, ever.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Grover.8753

Your arguments hold no water. Just because you can farm the materials doesn’t mean they’re free. In fact, as prices of the materials increase it becomes all the more interesting to just sell them and buy the precursor outright from the TP.

People seem to forget that getting the precursor is just a single step in the hideously long journey of a legendary. Apparently, making a precursor by itself should already take you half a year. This is not what we wanted.

What arguments? Everything I’ve said is a fact. This is about how we are enjoying the Precursor crafting. Incinerator will be my 12th Legendary. Starting from scratch, you can craft spark theprecursor in 20 days. I don’t understand how farming something and earning it costs you gold? If you mean" I’m losing gold by not selling the mats" then that’s your choice. You have zero argument and that is your own fault.

What you are also saying is the Pre’s currently on the TP are too cheap and need to have their prices jacked up to meet the crafting cost price.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Posted by: JamesT.3645

JamesT.3645

Really enjoying it. Nearly finished tier 2 of the Colossus, and particularly liked the “pondering” of the various giants and statues around the world, and the idea of crafting various types of hammer to get closer to the ultimate goal. Having bought dawn and the underwater pres, forged dusk, and wasted hundreds of gold attempting to get zap and the legend, it’s good to have a new method with measurable progress. That said, now that T5 mats have all dropped, I might try some more forging…

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Well i was enjoying it, up until i wasted the recipe for step one of the legend on my weaponsmith because the recipe said it could be used on that crafting profession..

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Looked at it and tallied up the cost then decided to sell a bunch of stuff cash in the rest of my gems then farm for the remained of gold to buy it off the TP.

Bought be to my disappointment it dropped another 100g so in all the precursor I was after has dropped 200g in price since the implementation of pre-crafting.

Crafting takes time, energy, and gold which is actually comparable to farming the gold the difference between the two is you have more choice on the methods you take to acquire the gold. Which makes farming gold more appealing in my eyes.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The biggest mistake that Anet made with precursor crafting was that they tied the gold value of the items required directly to the market. They’ve essentially gone and fixed the prices for precursors permanently, based on some average or snapshot of the current market.
They’ve prevented Venom from ever going over 100gold or so, even should they totally revamp underwater combat and do an expansion where we fight Bubbles/Steve/name-of-the-month. Venom is now fixed at roughly 100gold (I’ve not made it, just going by rough current tp price).
Bifrost, no matter how undesirable it may become over time, for whatever reason, will always be around 1000g on the TP.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I am psyched to get started on these, and ignoring all the negative criticism, but trying to get through the Halloween and HoT stuffs first, before i begin down the long, long path of precursor crafting. At any rate, i am stoked that i will have a TON of things to do, later on down the road, and even more psyched about the zone rewards on events, which will make farming things up a snap. Now, i just need to figure out how to farm T3-T4 mats reliably….

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The biggest mistake that Anet made with precursor crafting was that they tied the gold value of the items required directly to the market. They’ve essentially gone and fixed the prices for precursors permanently, based on some average or snapshot of the current market.
They’ve prevented Venom from ever going over 100gold or so, even should they totally revamp underwater combat and do an expansion where we fight Bubbles/Steve/name-of-the-month. Venom is now fixed at roughly 100gold (I’ve not made it, just going by rough current tp price).
Bifrost, no matter how undesirable it may become over time, for whatever reason, will always be around 1000g on the TP.

That exactly was my biggest question already years ago when they talked to
first time about the precursor hunt .. how will the set the value ? Will they
crash every pre to maybe 50-100g .. or do they something where even an
underwater weapon pre would be worth around 500g or whatever.

And i think that question was also the main problem why it took so long
and also i expected in the end that it would not really be cheaper than
buying a precursor from the AH .. especially if you give the time you use
also a worth of something like 10g/hour.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Frankly I think ArenaNet missed a golden opportunity here. imagine what it would have been like instead if first you went on a quest which involved getting the basic core of the sword and then another quest to reach some magical pool for instance to dip the sword into to enchant it and etcetera. these could have been instance stories or adventures of some sort instead of a crafting chain, could have been a hell of a lot of fun.

SteepledHat.1345

Well i was enjoying it, up until i wasted the recipe for step one of the legend on my weaponsmith because the recipe said it could be used on that crafting profession..

You can repurchase it from the legendary crafting vendor iirc. I think it only costs karma.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Enjoyed the collection aspect of it. Now I’m grinding away slowly to get my 30 deldrimor ingots for dawn. Two more parts after that…
I’m starting to suspect ANet is just incompetent and doesn’t know how to create fun scavenger hunts/quests.
XIV relic weapons are everything this system should have been.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

You can repurchase it from the legendary crafting vendor iirc. I think it only costs karma.

That is not the point, i am aware i can rebuy it.

I still have to get my artificer up from 0 now, because the recipe cant be used on my weaponsmith to make the entire basic staff.

If a recipe says it can be used on a crafting profession, you should be able to make the entire thing with that crafting profession. Not only did i just waste 10k karma, i now have to waste a ton more gold to level up artificer because of bad tool tips.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I gave up after I heard how much of everything I needed to make it lol I’m just gonna farm up the gold instead lol

Not to worry, they’ve made it more worth while by helpfully nerfing dungeon run gold farms… now you can happily go back to collecting for the next 2 years

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I haven’t started it yet because I can’t decide. I love the idea, however, and don’t mind the cost. I haven’t bought any pres or legendarys off the TP because I wanted it to feel like I earned it. Anet never promised this would be easy. I am looking forward to the journey.

I also think that those complaining about the price are missing the point. By having this mastery, you have something tangible to work towards. Some people enjoy this, some people just get more satisfaction from it, some people have problems farming up or saving the gold for one for whatever reason. If none of these apply, then cool. Do it your way. Personally I think this is the way it should have been done from the start and dislike that they can be bought. But that’s just me and there’s no use crying over spilt milk. I’m just glad this option exists.

I’m also glad that the new legendaries don’t drop pres and the only way to get them is through this process. It makes me happy (if I’m understanding it right, and I hope I am)

Posted by: Element.4319

Element.4319

You assume wrong, from what I’ve been able to tell, the first stage is the most expensive stage, the next two tend to be cheaper.

What NightShadow said. The first tier of Bifrost actually accounts for over 50% of the total to make The Legend. Someone over at reddit actually tallied it up when he created it and it comes to ~630G.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3q5yf7/crafted_precursor_the_legend_through_collection/

Posted by: radioAspen.6829

radioAspen.6829

I’d love to be enjoying it.

Unfortunately I decided to make The Chosen, which is blocked by an accountbound level 300 Scribing item before you can even start working on the collection

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I was excited to do these but i need to do fractals for the ones i want..

SteepledHat.1345

I’d love to be enjoying it.

Unfortunately I decided to make The Chosen, which is blocked by an accountbound level 300 Scribing item before you can even start working on the collection

I feel your pain. I have Sunrise and all the other components for Twilight. Dusk collection has been bugged from the get go.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

You see? They complain when it is locked behind RNG, and now they complain its too hard to make. Theres just no pleasing some people. Sad…

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

What arguments? Everything I’ve said is a fact. This is about how we are enjoying the Precursor crafting. Incinerator will be my 12th Legendary. Starting from scratch, you can craft spark theprecursor in 20 days. I don’t understand how farming something and earning it costs you gold? If you mean" I’m losing gold by not selling the mats" then that’s your choice. You have zero argument and that is your own fault.

I don’t understand how farming something and earning it costs you gold? If you mean" I’m losing gold by not selling the mats" then that’s your choice.

I don’t understand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

If I’m doing the go-to farm for say 15g/h and you are mining for say the equivalent of 5g/h then you are losing out on 10g/h of profit that you could’ve made per hour. You do that either because you don’t know/understand this concept or because mining is >10g/h worth of more fun to you than doing said grind.
And we both lose out on however many hours of real life work we could have been doing instead, which even at minimum wage were ridiculous sums over the process of crafting a legendary. Or whichever unit you want to convert your time into that’s most valuable to you.

Hope it helps you – or anyone else – understand.

Ele / Guardian

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

You see? They complain when it is locked behind RNG, and now they complain its too hard to make. Theres just no pleasing some people. Sad…

Maybe it’s because both concepts are dumb and unfun and (arguably) not what was advertised.
Nah, not gonna confuse you with reason. You are right and everyone else is just dumb and entitled lol

Ele / Guardian

Grover.8753

I don’t understand how farming something and earning it costs you gold? If you mean" I’m losing gold by not selling the mats" then that’s your choice.

I don’t understand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

If I’m doing the go-to farm for say 15g/h and you are mining for say the equivalent of 5g/h then you are losing out on 10g/h of profit that you could’ve made per hour. You do that either because you don’t know/understand this concept or because mining is >10g/h worth of more fun to you than doing said grind.
And we both lose out on however many hours of real life work we could have been doing instead, which even at minimum wage were ridiculous sums over the process of crafting a legendary. Or whichever unit you want to convert your time into that’s most valuable to you.

Hope it helps you – or anyone else – understand.

So doing anything else in the game outside of the “most profitable” thing is a waste of time and a loss. What you’re saying is that playing GW2 instead of going and getting a 2nd job or working overtime hours is is a loss. By your logic, anytime spent actually PLAYING the game is a waste and I should just buy gold. because nothing in the game is faster than buying gold. Everyone whom actually plays the game how ever they wish is losing your so called “opportunity cost”.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Farming gold and paying for something will always be faster than farming for XYZ items yourself.

The game is simply built that way. If you just happen to want to get everything yourself, fine. Knock yourself out. But it is always going to be the slower (and less profitable, usually) option.

Posted by: Kyrne.1590

Kyrne.1590

Enjoying it so far. Dont mind taking it at my own pace. I do have a question though. I thought we could only make 1 pre? Or can we do more?

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

Enjoying it so far. Dont mind taking it at my own pace. I do have a question though. I thought we could only make 1 pre? Or can we do more?

You can complete each collection, and craft each precursor, once. You can’t make the same one multiple times, but you can make each one.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You can complete each collection, and craft each precursor, once. You can’t make the same one multiple times, but you can make each one.

Why do you need to make multiples, aside from visions of Precursor market crashing running through your mind?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Why do you need to make multiples, aside from visions of Precursor market crashing running through your mind?

I made Quip a while back and have considered making it again for Twice Told Legend. Why Quip? It’s the least expensive to make a double of, from what legendaries I have. So if somebody wanted that title, there is a reason to want to make multiple.

I haven’t even started the precursor mastery track, but I will probably take a stab at it once the new legendaries arrive. There are no more current legendaries that I want.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

2 quips, or 2 zaps, or 2 w/e the flaming sword is.

Posted by: Kyrne.1590

Kyrne.1590

Ah awesome! I must have got wrong end of stick thinking I could only make one! Thanks

Posted by: rcjrulz.8592

rcjrulz.8592

IMO, in order to attain a Legendary weapon, ANET should have made players slog to get it right from the very beginning. Since nothing tops a legendary weapon currently ingame, it should have been an extremely rare item. But its more of a common thing right now.
Also, RNG’n for precursors was totally a wrong concept and people still complain they haven’t got a precursor since GW2 launched.

ANET should have just implemented this system way back when GW2 first released and made this the only possible way to get a precursor. That way people wouldn’t get used to saying, “its better buying from TP after collecting cash”.

Good feature, bad timing.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

2 quips, or 2 zaps, or 2 w/e the flaming sword is.

Dagger, and it’s Incinerator.

As for the topic:

Twilight has a bugged item from the Ulgoth which is still mixed up. (I thought it got fixed but was mistaken.)

Sunrise has a bugged item/event/description, in that the event never fires for rescuing the quaggans from the krait – either that or it directs to the wrong event.

Bolt has a bugged event, Explorer Loanna seems to not be starting her event.

The Flameseeker Prophecies requires Scribe items which are Account Bound and not craftable initially. This is kind of a serious overlooking or a design choice which is kind of “not cool”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The quaggan baby event for Sunrise worked just fine for me. It happens in the bloodwitch cavern and doesn’t activate while the bloodwitch event is active. Or did you mean a similar event in Caledon? That one also worked for me. Every event for that collection worked just fine. Some trigger very infrequently though. The quest for Sunrise requires a whole lot of waiting. It was incredibly tedious in fact.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Lorraine.2104

Lorraine.2104

Regarding Sunrise. I’ve defended/freed the Quaggan in Caledon Forest from the Krait Slavers, but the item doesn’t register in legendary collection. And yes, there is a lot of waiting about for some of them.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am…. enjoying? …. myself thus far. I just zipped through the actual collection for Bifrost I. Now it’s on to collecting a metric ton of wood to make my 35 spiritwood planks. I actually have all of the elder spirit residue, I think, or am pretty close to. I know I’ve been consistently making my one a day for wood, mithril, and leather even though I didn’t have the stuff to make it into the next step. Silk has always been my roadblock…

Anywho… lots of farming ahead for me. I’ll probably end up buying at least some of the memories of battle and shards of glory, given that I only dabble in those modes.

I’ll probably start a couple of other level 1 collections while I’m going about the farming. Then it’s just a matter of crafting as I obtain stuff. Going to be farming for a good loooooong time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.