How bad is your FPS in LA after the patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Brand new computer I just built 3 months ago…

AMD FX-8320 OC’ed to 4.4ghz (watercooled)
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3-1600
MSI Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition
CORSAIR CX500M 500W
Windows7 x64 patched for multicore AMD

Averaging about 12-15 fps in lions arch now after the patch, down from between 25-30fps which was just bearable before. Is there any hope at all for this game to be optimized for multi core CPU’s? Folks on OCN tell me guild wars 2 is a worst case scenario for my CPU, as the game is heavily CPU dependent, and only optimized for dual cores at best.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

You’ve got double my specs across the board and I’m still getting a decent 15 at not so bad graphic settings. It could be a problem with your drivers, or it could be that GW2 hates everything about ATI video cards.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Spawne.3128

You’ve got double my specs across the board and I’m still getting a decent 15 at not so bad graphic settings. It could be a problem with your drivers, or it could be that GW2 hates everything about ATI video cards.

I’ve re-installed drivers, and even tried beta drivers at least 3 times, to no help whatsoever. Just seems to be the way GW2 behaves with anything AMD. Very disappointing to say the least.

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Sitting around 20 FPS with everything maxed. It’s normally around 50, but LA is never queued like it has been, so it could just be the number of people.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve had to use lowest settings since the Tower of Nightmares update finished. I was crashing left, right and centre until I did it. I’ve also got an ATI card. I might get myself an Invidia card for Christmas.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Spawne.3128

Sitting around 20 FPS with everything maxed. It’s normally around 50, but LA is never queued like it has been, so it could just be the number of people.

Game seems to become very CPU heavy the more players there are. I know that the Intel i5/i7 users dont seem to have nearly as many problems because their CPU’s have stronger single threaded performance. Wish the game would make better use of multicore technology.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Sometimes out in the open world I get sporadic frame drops in areas I didn’t before. If I delete the local.dat file located at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 it’ll go back to normal. Other places are just badly done I guess*.

I posted in a performance thread a while back that GW2 was only using 70-75% of my memory, graphics card and cpu while I was getting frame dips in places (LA, Black Citadel etc.) where deleting the dat file didn’t help. *There’s also a bunch of trees in Diessa Plateau with some black bears that if I go into I drop about 30 fps whereas the rest of the map is a constant 60. We were told months ago that they have a team working on performance but not much has changed and now it’s tumbleweed on the subject.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i can get 80-90 fps pretty much anywhere in the game,
but i keep my fps forced to 30 so my fan doesnt annoy me.
I never see it below that, and i am also ATI burdened.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Fps changes in LA all the time but near the fountain it is the worst for me. I think around 15 fps there.

Spawne.3128

i can get 80-90 fps pretty much anywhere in the game,
but i keep my fps forced to 30 so my fan doesnt annoy me.
I never see it below that, and i am also ATI burdened.

what are your settings like and what CPU you using? I imagine a high end intel if your getting 80-90fps in LA

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

Don’t worry – it’s laggy on Intel/Nvidia as well. Especially during the snowball-fights when protecting the dolyaks.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)