How can I completely delete all progress?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Speusippus.5389

Speusippus.5389

Sounds weird but in a while I’m going to want to completely wipe my account and play from a fresh start as though I’d never done anything at all in the game.

Will deleting all characters do it? Or are there achievements or bank items (or things like that) shared between characters which will remain? (As you can see, I haven’t played that much anyway.) If the latter, is there way to completely wipe even that stuff?

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Send me all your money, delete everything in your bank and delete all of your characters.

Why you’d want to do this though is beyond me.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Buy a new account.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

A lot of things are account wide such achievements, guilds, your bank and currencies. Your best bet is buying a new account otherwise no fresh start is possible.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The only way to completely wipe your account is to get it banned. Failing that, buy a new one and use the first as a storage/bank account.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The only way to start completely from scratch is to buy a new account.

You could come close by completely emptying out your bank, including the materials tab, spending all your currencies and deleting the items you get (quickest way is to have them in your inventory and delete the character) and then deleting all your characters and everything they have with them.

But there are some things you can’t get rid of, including achievements and titles you’ve earned, skins and minis in your wardrobe, finishers unlocked etc.

And also if you ever changed your mind there is no way to get back all the stuff you’ve lost. Support won’t help you if you did it deliberately, and even if they would there’s limits to what they can do. They could use your 1 account roll-back to reset your account to a previous point, but that’s assuming they have a back-up from before you deleted everything, which gets less likely the longer it’s been.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The only way to start completely from scratch is to buy a new account.

You could come close by completely emptying out your bank, including the materials tab, spending all your currencies and deleting the items you get (quickest way is to have them in your inventory and delete the character) and then deleting all your characters and everything they have with them.

But there are some things you can’t get rid of, including achievements and titles you’ve earned, skins and minis in your wardrobe, finishers unlocked etc.

And also if you ever changed your mind there is no way to get back all the stuff you’ve lost. Support won’t help you if you did it deliberately, and even if they would there’s limits to what they can do. They could use your 1 account roll-back to reset your account to a previous point, but that’s assuming they have a back-up from before you deleted everything, which gets less likely the longer it’s been.

The account rollback is only for hacked accounts. It’s not offered to anyone else.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Trade u a new account for your old one.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Why would you do this? Unless its just to transfer servers for WvW i dont see any other reason.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d hope it wasn’t because the account came from someone else. Do be aware that any ‘used’ account would be against the ToS, and said account would be subject to permanent termination.

Good luck.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I get why you might want to do this, but there isn’t an option for it. Once something unlocks or is achieved on your account, there’s no way to wipe or undo it. You can delete items, characters, mail, guild, etc., but achievements and account unlocks (dyes, skins, etc.) are permanently linked to your account.

Still, if you’re looking for a fresh start, simply deleting your characters should be pretty close. You might not get the quick buzz of early achievements, but you’ll still unlock skills, level up, have a fresh story, etc.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Imagine how much work that would be for the support if something like that
would be possible. All those people that would do that “by accident”, or where
the little brother / sister did it.

And really, what sense does it make to delete all skins, especially stuff you have
bought from the gemstore ?

If it gives you a better feeling just calculate how much gems / gold it all is worth
and give away all the money you earn or gems you buy to other player until you
have earned that stuff again

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Speusippus.5389

Speusippus.5389

Thanks for the replies.

To satisfy the curious: It’s because I’m a bad person. I told someone I wouldn’t start playing til they got the game. Then I played anyway.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just wait for the next $10 sale, and buy a new account. Easy peasy.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Thanks for the replies.

To satisfy the curious: It’s because I’m a bad person. I told someone I wouldn’t start playing til they got the game. Then I played anyway.

Haha, well, you can’t get rid of your achievement points and your friend will likely figure those out fairly quickly. Just keep your mouth shut about them until you’re close to the same amount

Posted by: ShadowApe.7365

ShadowApe.7365

I would totally use this feature on a free account. I currently have a free account that I use to play “Hardcore”, i.e. perma-death. It would be awesome to roll everything back to fresh each time I kill a character. I wouldn’t care about losing gem store items, because I would never have any of that for hardcore play. I can’t imagine that it would be difficult to implement, with heavy protections from accidental rollback.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

Thanks for the replies.

Well just tell that “someone” that your friend played instead of you. So it wasn’t really you playing. But you have to stick to that lie though. There, problem solved. Maybe.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the replies.

Well just tell that “someone” that your friend played instead of you. So it wasn’t really you playing. But you have to stick to that lie though. There, problem solved. Maybe.

Year-old problem.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Just make a second account, they are F2P now.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I could never want to play on a f2p account, id feel to limited compared to what I have on my paid account, ill be fine just buying more character slots.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

the original post was before F2P

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Who managed to find this thread and bump it? Seriously you guys, this is a year old!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Thanks for the replies.

Lmao this cracked me up. Just be honest with your friend, tell them the truth. That being – the game was too good to hold off playing any longer and it’s THEIR fault for not starting sooner! Problem solved.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The thread is over a year old. OP probably doesn’t care anymore.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The thread is over a year old. OP probably doesn’t care anymore.

Oh dang it, who Necro’ed!?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Necro-posting again. Is this a new meme or something? -.-

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I can’t believe no one has suggested this yet but … just be honest with your friend, and roll a new character with them when they start playing

- kitten shadowape… forsaken

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Reading comprehension alert. Funny to see who doesn’t read a threads previous posts. Send this to the necrotic dustbin.