How can I get spirit shards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tyrane.9321

Tyrane.9321

I am pretty much finished with my legendary gifts, however I’m struggling to obtain mystic clovers due to the low amount of spirit shards I currently have.

I have checked all my chars and used all my current shards but doing the dailies seems a very slow grind to get these.

The ways to obtain spirit shards seems very low and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get these quicker?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

From what Anet said, it seems like anything that originally dropped scrolls of knowledge will now drop spirit shards instead. I got some from dailies Wednesday. Can still find them in champ bags,I believe. Also, using a tome of knowledge on a lvl 80 character will award one.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Tyrane.9321

Tyrane.9321

From what Anet said, it seems like anything that originally dropped scrolls of knowledge will now drop spirit shards instead. I got some from dailies Wednesday. Can still find them in champ bags,I believe. Also, using a tome of knowledge on a lvl 80 character will award one.

Yea been getting 3 from dailies but haven’t had any from bags but suppose its just down to being lucky. Thanks for the info though, at least tomes may help towards :-)

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I wish we could trade Spirit Shards on the TP, since players like the OP want more, while players like myself have a few thousand and don’t have a use for that many.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Was it only things that gave scrolls of knowledge? I thought anything that gave a skill point was supposed to give a spirit shard (i.e. including leveling, which doesn’t as far as I can tell, so I don’t think a Tome would either)

Either way it appears to be at a rate significantly reduced, even for the ones that do.
Out of dozens of bags I’ve received 1 single shard, it seems the main source is supposed to be the daily 3 shard bag.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Was it only things that gave scrolls of knowledge? I thought anything that gave a skill point was supposed to give a spirit shard (i.e. including leveling, which doesn’t as far as I can tell, so I don’t think a Tome would either)

Either way it appears to be at a rate significantly reduced, even for the ones that do.
Out of dozens of bags I’ve received 1 single shard, it seems the main source is supposed to be the daily 3 shard bag.

They stated that the original skill point system should have been 2 systems with 2 sep currencies (and I think most of us agree with that assessment).

The first system has to do with obtaining skills (and traits). We now have hero points for that systems currency. These come from leveling 1-80, and from completing hero challenges (previously called skill challenges). We no longer get anything for filling the xp bar after 80 – at least for the time being.

In this system, a tome of knowledge still functions as it did previously for any character under 80 – it grants them a level. Using a tome of knowledge on a lvl 80 though, will not grant a shard, per the blog. Writs of experience can only be used on characters under level 80, or 20 of them can be traded for a tome of knowledge.

The second system dealt with purchasing the mystic forge materials, which is where spirit shard comes in. Anet stated that players will no longer get ‘skill points’ for filling the xp bar after 80; however, we would be able to loot shards from some monsters and that items that used to grant skill points in a repeatable fashion (such as scrolls) would become shards and continue to be obtained via whatever method they were previously obtained (like champ bags).

Its all in the blog they posted about the change.

Edit: I haven’t personally noted a diminished rate for these, but it’s quite possible and not completely unexpected.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Im quite intrested if anyone got any from a mob so far

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I used to get a lot of scrolls of knowledge out of champ bags. Between some world boss runs and other content, it wasn’t unusual for me to get more than 3 of those per day. Under the new system, it looks like you can only get 3 per day from doing a full set of 3+ dailies. I don’t have any firm evidence on drop rates from champ bags under the new system, but it seems like they drop far less often. As a result, the rate to obtain spirit shards in the new system is potentially slower than gaining raw skill points was in the previous system. The impact may force players who want spirit shards to do dailies and then grind additional bosses or champs for the possibility of more, instead of allowing them to just focus on bosses and champs to earn them more quickly.

In addition, I was getting a few writs of experience per day (still do), which I would just eat on whichever level 80 toon I was playing (can’t now). Under the new system, it appears that only toons under level 80 can use these. As a result, this has effectively slowed the gaining spirit shards / skill points compared to the previous system as well.

I’ve currently got about 3K spirit shards stock-piled and I have no idea how I’ll ever spend that many. But for newer players, I can see how the changes in the rate of obtaining these may be a problem.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I got about 80 in just one day, since they automatically add to you wallet now I can’t be to sure exactly where I got them from. So they seem to be rather easy to get. Just occasionally check your wallet you may be getting them faster than you think.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I got about 80 in just one day, since they automatically add to you wallet now I can’t be to sure exactly where I got them from. So they seem to be rather easy to get. Just occasionally check your wallet you may be getting them faster than you think.

No, not that easy as you have to kill champs/bosses, you can’t get them otherwise – so it’s not “play as you like” which is what people could do before this patch.

Linken.6345

No, not that easy as you have to kill champs/bosses, you can’t get them otherwise – so it’s not “play as you like” which is what people could do before this patch.

Maybe he spvp alot i remember them droping there fairly often.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Actually considering this functionality hasn’t changed, then it wasn’t “play as you like” prior either. The only thing that’s changed is the actual item acquired (and where it’s stored).

Jana.6831

Maybe he spvp alot i remember them droping there fairly often.

Right, scrolls of knowledge were common there.
Still it would be nice if open PvE players had more access to them.
Edit: Oh and wvw players – especially roamers/scouts.Yeah one could level up by caring for camps and stuff, not possible anymore.

Jana.6831

Actually considering this functionality hasn’t changed, then it wasn’t “play as you like” prior either. The only thing that’s changed is the actual item acquired (and where it’s stored).

No. I could level up by doing anything in game – now I can only obtain shards (former skillpoints) by doing stuff that formerly gave me scrolls of knowledge – so it has changed.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No. I could level up by doing anything in game – now I can only obtain shards (former skillpoints) by doing stuff that formerly gave me scrolls of knowledge – so it has changed.

You can still “level up” doing anything in the game, even after hitting 80.

However, that’s not what you were getting at (you might want to disassociate the two, or rephrase). Yes, you no longer gain a shard when you max out your XP bar after you reach max level. Supposedly, to compensate for that, we’re supposed to be able to loot shards from mobs. I don’t have drop data on that though, and I haven’t had much time to play the last several days. I’m sure some people will get that up on the wiki in due time.

Jana.6831

However, that’s not what you were getting at (you might want to disassociate the two, or rephrase). Yes, you no longer gain a shard when you max out your XP bar after you reach max level. Supposedly, to compensate for that, we’re supposed to be able to loot shards from mobs. I don’t have drop data on that though, and I haven’t had much time to play the last several days. I’m sure some people will get that up on the wiki in due time.

What’s your problem?

You don’t level up anymore (when already level 80)
You only gain spiritshards by doing activities that formerly gave scrolls of knowledge.

So what is it you want me to rephrase or to rethink or whatever?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

What’s your problem?

You only gain spiritshards by doing activities that formerly gave scrolls of knowledge.

You stated that you could level up by doing anything in the game. That remains true, in the basic sense of what leveling up means.

However, I got what you were driving at, in that at 80, once you fill your xp bar you don’t get a point (now a shard) anymore. And I agreed yes, that was changed, and supposedly they compensated for that.

Regarding leveling up when already an 80: Technically you didn’t level up anymore prior either. You didn’t go from 80 to 81. Your xp bar just rolled over. Which, my understanding is that it still does, we just don’t get anything for it. Or did they change that and it doesn’t roll anymore?

Jana.6831

You stated that you could level up by doing anything in the game. That remains true, in the basic sense of what leveling up means.

You can’t level up anymore – it looks as if it is happening, but it isn’t – so you can’t level up after level 80 in this game anymore which was the case prior the latest big patch There is nothing to rephrase – that is the bland truth.

However, I got what you were driving at, in that at 80, once you fill your xp bar you don’t get a point (now a shard) anymore. And I agreed yes, that was changed, and supposedly they compensated for that.

No, they don’t all the did was turning scrolls of knowledge into spiritshards.

Regarding leveling up when already an 80: Technically you didn’t level up anymore prior either. You didn’t go from 80 to 81. Your xp bar just rolled over. Which, my understanding is that it still does, we just don’t get anything for it. Or did they change that and it doesn’t roll anymore?

You are a bit complicated – I guess 99,9% of players would’ve understood what I meant without causing drama.

Edit: And technically it’s still called “Level up” in the game, even after this patch which gives you nothing for a “Level up”.

(edited by Jana.6831)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You can’t level up anymore – it looks as if it is happening, but it isn’t – so you can’t level up after level 80 in this game anymore which was the case prior the latest big patch There is nothing to rephrase – that is the bland truth.

And I’ll say it again – you weren’t technically leveling up as an 80 prior to the patch either. Your level did not go up. Your experience bar filled up, and then it rolled over, and you filled it up again. However, your level did not change. But you did get a shiny skill point instead. It’s silly that we refer to this as ‘leveling up’ when that’s not what’s happening, but hey we’ll roll with it.

All the new system did was remove the reward when you filled the bar. Everything else functions the same way. By your own words, this is all still working accordingly.

No, they don’t all the did was turning scrolls of knowledge into spiritshards.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spirit_Shard
“Acquisition[edit]
Random drops for level 80 characters”

“Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updating-your-wallet/

And again – they compensated. Although, it’s entirely possible that it’s not functioning correctly.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Tomes of knowledge will give a level 80 one spirit shard.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Knowledge
“Grants one character level if below level 80 or one spirit shard if level 80.
Only usable in PvE and WvW.”

So by doing the daily and also doing the daily PvP, a level 80 will get 4 spirit shards a day, 3 from the daily and 1 from a tome.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Jana.6831

snip

Play the game and you’ll find that there is no compensation.
The question was where one gets spiritshards from, the answer: from doing all stuff that formerly gave scrolls of knowledge.
Level up is called level up by the game , not by me. So, complain to them about the “technically unjustified name”.

Posted by: MightyFrog.5247

MightyFrog.5247

Fractals: Dessa’s Experiment Journal

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If there is no compensation, then file a bug in the bug forum. Based on their own comments, there should be. However, like I said, I have no idea what the drop rate is. Eventually that data should make it onto the wiki though.

The question was where one gets spiritshards from, the answer: from doing all stuff that formerly gave scrolls of knowledge.

As well as from simply killing monsters as a lvl 80, once the system works they way they said it should.

Level up is called level up by the game , not by me. So, complain to them about the “technically unjustified name”.

Now lets go back to your original complaint:

“I could level up by doing anything in game "
And you still can. This has not changed. That’s what I said originally, and have been saying since. You can still level up (even after 80) by doing anything you please.

“now I can only obtain shards (former skillpoints) by doing stuff that formerly gave me scrolls of knowledge”
This is not accurate, which I pointed out. I stated that its true you no longer get one from leveling up after 80, but supposedly they compensated for that. So it’s not “just” stuff that formerly gave scrolls

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Im quite intrested if anyone got any from a mob so far

I got one from one of the wvw camp scouts last night. When I have time, I’m going to do some silverwastes chest farms and see what I get. Definitely bummed about this (seemingly) nerf to skill points since I enjoyed doing map completion and profiting off of my skill points. I think harder about what I’m spending them on now…

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I had a Dust mite (silverwaistes mob) drop a Spirit shard. But that seems to be a rare happening.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Linken.6345

If there is no compensation, then file a bug in the bug forum. Based on their own comments, there should be. However, like I said, I have no idea what the drop rate is. Eventually that data should make it onto the wiki though.

As well as from simply killing monsters as a lvl 80, once the system works they way they said it should.

Now lets go back to your original complaint:

“I could level up by doing anything in game "
And you still can. This has not changed. That’s what I said originally, and have been saying since. You can still level up (even after 80) by doing anything you please.

“now I can only obtain shards (former skillpoints) by doing stuff that formerly gave me scrolls of knowledge”
This is not accurate, which I pointed out. I stated that its true you no longer get one from leveling up after 80, but supposedly they compensated for that. So it’s not “just” stuff that formerly gave scrolls

Yes but your taking it out of context aswell before you got skillpoints from filling your bar doing what ever you wanted in the game…..

Now were suposed to get shards drop from monsters, but they never stated what monsters can i get it from a level 2 moa? or is it only elites and champions?

Either way they made you require to do 1 thing instead of what ever you wanted crafting dungeon gathering map exploring tomes or writs or even scrolls

Jana.6831

Now were suposed to get shards drop from monsters, but they never stated what monsters can i get it from a level 2 moa? or is it only elites and champions?

I am doing map completion right now and am occassionally in wvw (which was my main mode before this patch) – I think I have completed about 10 maps, I usually kill every mob that’s in my way, and I haven’t gotten a single spirit shard. I got 2 from killing tower lords though (it’s been around 20 I’ve killed). Just to throw in some numbers.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Linken.6345

just updating got a spirit shard killing a normal risen mob waiting for teq to spawn.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

The main problem atm is that you used to be able to get skill points by leveling up. This was a main source of skill points for me when I am working on map completion. I just completed 3 maps in which I usually would get at least 15-20 skill points usually since I run full xp boosters (killstreak, xp, 15% potions, 15% food, etc) and I would stop to kill groups of mobs everywhere. This time, I have gotten 0 spirit shards.

The new system with leveling going towards hero points or mastery xp but isn’t coming out until HoT. In the interim, we should still be able to get skill points from leveling up at 80 until HoT comes out and it can then convert to to the new system. At the moment, the only decent way to get skill points now is to go Silverwaste chest farming and I generally try to avoid doing that since I find it boring. Leveling at the moment only produces an AoE blowback which is usually more annoying than anything else.

Just a flesh wound.3589

What’s your problem?

You currently don’t level up at this time. However when the expansion starts, those people who bought it and have level 80s will start leveling the Mastery system they have chosen so leveling up will start being worthwhile again.

ANet may give it to you.

Jana.6831

You currently don’t level up at this time. However when the expansion starts, those people who bought it and have level 80s will start leveling the Mastery system they have chosen so leveling up will start being worthwhile again.

Initial question was where to get spiritshards from to which I tried to reply – but a discussion about what is and what isn’t level up came between it. There’s no real need to keep that sub discussion alive. And I’d like to have some spiritshards, please. But on the other hand; I knew this would happen.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Initial question was where to get spiritshards from to which I tried to reply – but a discussion about what is and what isn’t level up came between it. There’s no real need to keep that sub discussion alive. And I’d like to have some spiritshards, please. But on the other hand; I knew this would happen.

Well I’ve gotten several spirit shards a day so far. Daily 3. PvP daily. From Teq. And random drop.

ANet may give it to you.

Jana.6831

I have gotten my first spirit shard from a mob (that wasn’t a champ) – either a risen acolyte or risen drake – I was yay-ing hard!

Edit: I should add the location; Cursed Shore.

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Sad to say that I expected this nerf. I can report that in 8 hours of playing on various PvE maps, I had a Spirit Shard drop from a wolf in the Gendarren Fields. So it is what I expected. So I got 3 from the PvE daily also. Under the old system, I would have gotten 8 Skill points by having the experience bar roll over (heaven forbid I say that I leveled up, that would draw fire from the ppl that are selected to help make threads like this go away…). If ppl are not seeing them as regularly from champ bags, then it’s even more nerf.

So where do you think the newbs that wanna make the new legendary weapons will get their Spirit Shards? That’s right; 3 per day from the daily show; only a 67 days to get a Bloodstone Shard. Mystic Clover? that’s only 154 Spirit Shards; a mere 52 days of daily joy to get your Spirits Shards to make them.

Erm, sorry working as intended

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

you get 3 shards now by completion your daily.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

Ran 1 Silverwaste chest farm today. I had a little over 30 keys, and that netted me 5 spirit shards from the bags if thats any help.

Thats with max buff (for helping with events) 30% MF and self MF of 105%.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sad to say that I expected this nerf. I can report that in 8 hours of playing on various PvE maps, I had a Spirit Shard drop from a wolf in the Gendarren Fields. So it is what I expected. So I got 3 from the PvE daily also. Under the old system, I would have gotten 8 Skill points by having the experience bar roll over (heaven forbid I say that I leveled up, that would draw fire from the ppl that are selected to help make threads like this go away…). If ppl are not seeing them as regularly from champ bags, then it’s even more nerf.

So where do you think the newbs that wanna make the new legendary weapons will get their Spirit Shards? That’s right; 3 per day from the daily show; only a 67 days to get a Bloodstone Shard. Mystic Clover? that’s only 154 Spirit Shards; a mere 52 days of daily joy to get your Spirits Shards to make them.

Erm, sorry working as intended

Not quite right. There is an additional 1 a day if they do the PvP dailies plus an additional tome a day if they do a bit more PvP. Then there is an additional 10 tomes per month from login rewards. So that’s a little over 5 shards a day or 150 shards/28 days just by logging in and doing the PvP dailies. That’s 37 days to get a bloodstone shard and 29 days for the Mystic clovers, assuming they do nothing else besides the login and the dailies to get shards.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

That has not been my observation. Teq gave a lot of scrolls before (3 pointers if I recall right) but I do the reset one every day and have not noticed getting any spirit shards now. Occasionally (like once) I will get one from RNG somewhere as a drop, but nowhere near the rate that I used to get scrolls from.

Oddly, when they changed my 1-point scrolls in the bank they did not change the 3-pt ones. Maybe they messed up on the 3-pointers and now the things that dropped 3-pointers do not drop any shards at all?

Has anyone else noticed this with Teq? I am going to start keeping track of before/after of my shard count as you get a lot of loot at once.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Posted by: Jayden Reese.9542

Jayden Reese.9542

Kill mobs. Pvp trackline give tomes so does daily log in rewards. Champ bags. Daily achievement. Tons of ways. Again u do not see them. They just go into ur wallet so if u open 60 champ bags or kill bunch of mobs and don’t watch every item u loot u don’t notice. Write down how many u for now. Actually play the fn game a couple days then look again in ur wallet and you will see.

Menadena.7482

Not quoted since the word before ‘game’ is a pretty obvious attempt the get around the censor. Some answers though:
1) how do you get them as login rewards? they are not on the wiki
2) the question was how to get them without doing dailies
3) while they are not in inventory they go into your wallet the same way scrolls do … in a line on the right side of your screen … I could buy not seeing it after a boss when a lot of things are coming in but not after a mob when there are only a few items so I see what is there more
4) i do play the kitty-cat game … at least 50 hours per week
5) as was also pointed out earlier, ppl are looking for a method in OPEN PVE

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I am doing map completion right now and am occassionally in wvw (which was my main mode before this patch) – I think I have completed about 10 maps, I usually kill every mob that’s in my way, and I haven’t gotten a single spirit shard. I got 2 from killing tower lords though (it’s been around 20 I’ve killed). Just to throw in some numbers.

I have gotten shards from spiders in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Jotun in Timberline Falls
and a Scorpion in Silverwastes .. but they drop very very seldom. All in all i have
gotten maybe 4 or 5 shards from normal mobs since the patch.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Menadena.7482

Yes, compare it to a couple hundred scrolls in the bank several times from mainly pve before I eventually decided to split them between characters and use up the pile. From monitoring my wallet (no, I do not have exact numbers) when I have worked out how long it would take me to get to a, oh, eldrich scroll doing dailies I was right on the money.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Not quoted since the word before ‘game’ is a pretty obvious attempt the get around the censor. Some answers though:
3) while they are not in inventory they go into your wallet the same way scrolls do … in a line on the right side of your screen … I could buy not seeing it after a boss when a lot of things are coming in but not after a mob when there are only a few items so I see what is there more

1) From using Tomes on a lvl 80, horrible waste IMO
2) agreed, the actual question of why the massive nerf in drop rate is being ignored/obfuscated
3) exactly, don’t know why so many have trouble understanding this, in most circumstances we would see them if we were getting them, but we aren’t because the drop rate is now insanely low compared to skill points.

5) yup, either as direct drops (which weren’t hugely common even with skill scrolls) or from champ bags (these were very common before, the drop rate was massively nerfed from this source)

The only thing I can figure, is that they’re trying to pump up the value of shards, maybe too many people are somehow converting them to gold and they want to hobble that and the other 99% of us are getting caught in the crossfire.
That is their MO after all.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Just a flesh wound.3589

1) From using Tomes on a lvl 80, horrible waste IMO
2) agreed, the actual question of why the massive nerf in drop rate is being ignored/obfuscated
3) exactly, don’t know why so many have trouble understanding this, in most circumstances we would see them if we were getting them, but we aren’t because the drop rate is now insanely low compared to skill points.

5) yup, either as direct drops (which weren’t hugely common even with skill scrolls) or from champ bags (these were very common before, the drop rate was massively nerfed from this source)

The only thing I can figure, is that they’re trying to pump up the value of shards, maybe too many people are somehow converting them to gold and they want to hobble that and the other 99% of us are getting caught in the crossfire.
That is their MO after all.

You might have missed another consideration. That most people (percent wise of the population) don’t make a Legendary and don’t use shards to convert mats to higher levels to make gold. If they don’t, then the number of shards they have is climbing higher and higher leading to an overall excess number of shards in the game. It’s possible that the ones feeling the shard pinch are a relatively small percent of the game’s population and the shard drop rate is calculated for the majority.

ANet may give it to you.

Menadena.7482

I do not create legendaries but I still need them to do anything with the MF that wants Eldrich Scrolls (which uses 50 spirit shards). A good example is mystical weapons.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I do not create legendaries but I still need them to do anything with the MF that wants Eldrich Scrolls (which uses 50 spirit shards). A good example is mystical weapons.

are you collecting all the skins? How many weapons do you own now that use Eldrich Scrolls?

you should probably just buy it. saying you are short inspirit shards is like saying you have too much gold. Most people would probably be happy they are short in spirit shards.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Menadena.7482

Yes, I am collecting skins. But I am also generating exotics for my future 80s.

Buying it would be an option but it would be an annoying one. I have plenty of ancient wood and ori. Mystic coins I have coming out of my ears. It would seem silly to just buy the item simply for lack of a single mat.

How is being short on spirit shards a good thing? It is not like they are taking up inventory in your bank, they go to your wallet.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Pretty sure this is incorrect.. the shards drop from any mob you kill just like porous bones etc.. just a lot less often.
Killing champs/bosses gives that same chance of trash drop but also within the champ bags, bit its not limited to just killing champs/bosses.

I’ve had a few drop from trash mobs in low level maps over the last few days for sure.
It would be nice if they didn’t just fall into the inventory like they do so that we can actually show what and where we killed to get them.

Personally I am not sure what difference this change is aiming for .. the old system worked just fine, I am more inclined it was to try and kill the amount of easy levelling that the tomes were providing for things like key running etc or maybe its to get players to jump into PvP more as the game expands… one thing I have noticed though is that I am getting less tomes now than before which in turn will eventually slow up my ability to level alts and gain shards readily… time will tell though I guess.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Dear OP, I feel your pain. Now it’s very hard to get them, the only viable way is to do chest farm at silverwaste. Dungeon and fractals are also a good source if you like hard content but chest farm is the fastest afaik.

Before the specialization patch, we were able to get this currency from leveling up. Someone even told me they have 4k spirit shards now because they got a lot before the patch.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Yes, I am collecting skins. But I am also generating exotics for my future 80s.

Buying it would be an option but it would be an annoying one. I have plenty of ancient wood and ori. Mystic coins I have coming out of my ears. It would seem silly to just buy the item simply for lack of a single mat.

How is being short on spirit shards a good thing? It is not like they are taking up inventory in your bank, they go to your wallet.

Because you for some reason are rich. And you don’t farm. Tell me which farm generate money faster than spirit shards.

you make even slower gold from eotm, silverwaste, world boss, orr. For dungeon you probably break even.

If it is a cheap exotic that use eldrich scroll, just buy it directly. You won’t save much money anyway. Only use your skill points on expensive exotic, those are the ones you’ll save some money.

(edited by laokoko.7403)