How can I to get into Sea of Sorrows?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OneLegendGamer.8106

OneLegendGamer.8106

Hi, I just brought the game and I want to join my friends in Sea of Sorrows server. Every time I’ve check its always says full. Is there a time frame that allows me to join or is it luck based? I’ve seen Dragonbrand and Darkhaven available for few seconds. Do I have to sign in at 4am?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ve been briefly checking the ‘Full’ servers at all times of the day (Australia) and even long into the wee’ hours of the morning… For a good month now… And they haven’t budged.

They’re still all.. Apparently, ‘Full’.

So I seriously wish you luck on your hunt.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Playing on the same server is only important if you are intending to play wvw. If you aren’t then you can just join any server and you’ll still be able to play together

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You only need to get on a specific server if you want to do WvW with them. If you don’t care about that then any server in that data group will allow you to play together.

If you do need to be on that server you can try late at night. Or you can join any server of that group and get on the Sea of Sorrow (after 7 days have gone by) when you see it’s open by deleting all your chars, after putting all non soulbound items in the bank, and going to character select and choosing the that server as your home server.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

OneLegendGamer.8106

ah I see so it is luck based, thanks for the replies. I wish there was a event where vets logout for 1 hour and give newcomers a chance to get in, the server never seems to sleep.

And I hope the developers make a refresh button so I don’t have to log in and out just to check the server status, very inconvenient.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

A one-hour logout would not help. Your home server is your home server whether you are logged in or not. It’s like a sold-out stadium: even if not one single ticket holder shows up for the game, the stadium is still “full” and you won’t be able to get in because there is no ticket left to sell to you. You have to wait for someone on SoS to give up their reserved spot by transferring to some other server, and you have to be lucky enough to catch the opening before someone else gets it. Good luck!

OneLegendGamer.8106

hmm I based my understanding from this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Population-Full

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

hmm I based my understanding from this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Population-Full

I’m pretty sure that server population is based on the number of accounts on a server and it only opens up if accounts transfer out. However ANet uses imprecise language when they attempt to clarify it, they use the term people instead of account. They will say people need to transfer off, not accounts.

For example: CC Eva
“when you see a server FULL means that the people who’ve chosen that server as theirs, or players who have moved to that particular server, have reached the cap, independently of where did they create their accounts.”

Here, my interpretation is she is using the word “people” but what I think she is meaning is, “accounts”. As in accounts that have moved to a particular server and that server has reached its cap (and it doesn’t matter what their original, first server choice was, they moved and now the server they are on is capped)

ANet’s using the word people instead of accounts to explain it gives the impression that it’s people and not accounts and if it’s people then it’s the number logged on. However it’s accounts that transfer to servers, not people, so it’s accounts that take up available slots and if it’s accounts taking up the slots then it doesn’t matter if the accounts are logged on or not.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I will be (unfortunately) leaving Japan this summer in August and returning to the US. Upon doing so I will be leaving Sea of Sorrows and returning to Northern Shiverpeaks. You can try joining then.

Hey ArenaNet, if SoS really is full at the time of my depature from the server and then that one spot opens up, will it immediately be available for another player to take it? Is there a window of time for it to be available?

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!