How can you get rid of your Guild Leader?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ryana.2458

Ryana.2458

Our Guild Leader has been away for months now and it is having a detrimental effect on the Guild. Is there anyway that he can be demoted and somebody else promoted to his position if I am unable to get in contact with him? There used to be a system in GW that a Guild Leader would be demoted after 60 days of inactivity.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ry.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

I dont think that u can get rid of him. You can write a ticket to the support but I doubt they will be able to do anything.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Leave the guild and make your own one.
Nothing gives you the right to demote a guild leader, even if the leader became inactive.

The guild that your leader created, is basically HIS property.
And would have been that person a good leader at all, that cares for his guild and the members that are in it, then this leader would have created a guild rank with some “Officers” or so basically, that are able to do basically the most important things, while he/she is inantive and tell also those people, why and for how long he7she will be inactive and how you can contact him/her, if somethign really important is to do, what only the leader can do…

If you are a a big guild, then the lost influence shouldn’t be of a big problem for too long.

Thats at least my opinion, how I do see that.
If i would be a guild leader and get demoted from my basically own property, I would feel being betrayed by the guild members.
However, its a situation, that could be prevented completely just with better communication and Officers, that have the rights to do the most important things in a guild, while a leader is away.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I thought there was a similar system in GW2 where after a few months an inactive guild leader would be demoted (but they have to literally not log in at all in that time).

If not then you unfortunately don’t have many options.

If there are already officers with full permissions (either one person with everything or a few people who between them can do everything the leader could) then they could take over with the leader in a kind of ‘figurehead’ position where they keep their rank but no one waits for them to make decisions.

If you can get hold of the leader you could ask them to promote an officer to have full permissions, then carry on as above.

You could all leave and form a new guild with a new leader (not a good choice if you have everything unlocked).

(For future reference it’s a good idea for all guilds to have at least one officer with all the permissions just in case something happens to the leader. Obviously it has to be someone both the leader and the guild trust but it’s a good idea. You never know what might happen to take someone out of the game for a few months, or forever.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Guild functionality is essentially non-existent in Guild wars 2. Your only option is to have everyone leave the guild and join a new one.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Our Guild Leader has been away for months now and it is having a detrimental effect on the Guild. Is there anyway that he can be demoted and somebody else promoted to his position if I am unable to get in contact with him? There used to be a system in GW that a Guild Leader would be demoted after 60 days of inactivity.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ry.

Leave Guild and make a new one.