How come all armor generally looks the same?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cspence.6921

Cspence.6921

From levels 1-30 all armor looks the same and all weapons look the same in their categories.

Generally everyone looks the same.

It happens at higher level brackets too until max level..

How come all the gear is the same and my character changes very little if at all in looks until he is level 50 besides the occasional recoloring of my gear?

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Are you sure you checked everything? There are also karma sets, crafted sets and cultural sets, same goes for weapons.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Are you sure you checked everything? There are also karma sets, crafted sets and cultural sets, same goes for weapons.

Seems like every karma vendor I have run across so far, two alts in mid to late 20 level, only sell some kind of plant, an accessory, or salvage kits. I’m certain it isn’ the game I just don’t know where to look. I have like 30,000 karma and I’ve been looking for something to do with it. If you know of some vendors where I can get something cool like armor or weapons I would appreciate your advice.

The Burninator

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the interesting ones are hella expensive. check out culture gear, order gear, dungeon gear. there are some truly unique things in there

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

From levels 1-30 all armor looks the same and all weapons look the same in their categories.

Generally everyone looks the same.

It happens at higher level brackets too until max level..

How come all the gear is the same and my character changes very little if at all in looks until he is level 50 besides the occasional recoloring of my gear?

Now I can understand you seeing this level 1-30 because that’s pretty much true for drops.

However there’s a ton of karma vendors all over the place post level 30 with different looking gear available once you have completed the hearts. I know that because I’ve taken on some pretty kool looking steampunk stuff for my engineer.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

JustTrogdor.7892

the interesting ones are hella expensive. check out culture gear, order gear, dungeon gear. there are some truly unique things in there

I’d probably buy some well above my level and use transmute stones. My problem is using the TP it is hard to tell what they look like worn since it only shows a button image.

I did that for my pistol just taking a guess and I got lucky that I liked the one I got.

I suppose I could always buy it, put it on and if I don’t like it resell it but I might take a loss then.

The Burninator

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Might as well get used to it now..even level 80 rares have level 1 skins.

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

I’d probably buy some well above my level and use transmute stones. My problem is using the TP it is hard to tell what they look like worn since it only shows a button image.

you can right click the icon button image and preview it.

JustTrogdor.7892

Thanks! I never knew that.

Lesson of the story… Old guy that grew up on Atari 2600 + Trying to play modern MMO = lots of self /facepalms

The Burninator

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I did that for my pistol just taking a guess and I got lucky that I liked the one I got.

I suppose I could always buy it, put it on and if I don’t like it resell it but I might take a loss then.

You can preview all items on the TP, just right-click and click preview.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

Thanks! I never knew that.

Lesson of the story… Old guy that grew up on Atari 2600 + Trying to play modern MMO = lots of self /facepalms

:P

you can preview the item holstered or in hand or just he weapon by itself, anything 2 handed is just held in 1 hand in preview though

I’d like it if one day the preview showed the main and off hand together rather than 1 at a time though

JustTrogdor.7892

:P

you can preview the item holstered or in hand or just he weapon by itself, anything 2 handed is just held in 1 hand in preview though

I’d like it if one day the preview showed the main and off hand together rather than 1 at a time though

Time to get in game and do some armor/weapon shopping. I have been saving a lot of coin so it’s time to spend some. I love the transmute stones. It is a great way to allow a player to change or keep a look with out having to worry about losing stats you want to keep.

The Burninator

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

http://www.gw2armor.com/ has most of the skins.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I don’t find that site very useful. Most of the armors look pretty ugly just by looking at that site because of the way the color dyes they use. Picking the right colors and mixing up different armor sets can make or break the look.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I don’t find that site very useful. Most of the armors look pretty ugly just by looking at that site because of the way the color dyes they use. Picking the right colors and mixing up different armor sets can make or break the look.

Well yeah, it’s just a basic guide rather than clicking through all the vendors and TP :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Mixing and matching armor sets as well as dyeing always helps in making a unique look. You should check out some of the looks people make in the mix and match armor thread.

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

So far GW2 lacks variety in weapons and armour, and Medium suffers the most. Why does Medium suffer the most? It’s almost FULL of trenchcoat mafia looks and pirate get-ups. Light armour could also use a little more love, as does Heavy. Medium just has two major designs, and It’s getting rather dull.

Perhaps adding more Armour skins for purchase could help? Adding merchants with several armour sets to buy with karma? Or more lore oriented pieces? Perhaps bring back fan favourites from GW1?

Weapons also need A LOT MORE love. Daggers, Pistols, Axes and Hammers suffer hugely in the variety and design aspect. Lots tend to look the same with a different name. Or a slight change in certain areas, or just look plain and dull.

Once you hit level 80 it becomes a ‘Who looks more sexy, kitten, and awesome then anyone else’ or wanting your character to stand out from others. I got to tell yah… It’s getting lame seeing so many Thieves and Rangers that are human wearing Cultural Tier 3. Each profession should have several different sets to their own when it comes to cultural.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Because there’s only so many ways you can make metal, leather, or cloth cover your body before you exhaust all the non-flying/glowing/burning/silly-wow-looking armor styles.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Not to mention that the game is still under the year mark. This game actually has quite a few choices for a game this young, infact…I’d go so far to say that it has more than most, I imagine 2-3yrs in that the selection will be more than most games at 5yrs.

Now whether or not the selection appeals to a player, well…that is a different story. I personally like very few sets in this game, but like many individual pieces. Chest pieces are probably the best done from my stand point. Boots/Helms and Shoulders could use some love across the board. Leggings are generally to my liking also.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A great fast way to find armor you want is at
http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?weight=2&race=2&color=10&sex=1

Just pick race/gender/weight of armor, click a color (I like the far right clear one, it makes details easiest to see). Look for a set you like, click that, and below the turnaround set of shots click Acquisition. It gives you a wide range of places to go to find those pieces, and if you click on a vendor name it opens the wiki page to help you find the vendor.

So much faster than scrolling through page after page of TP armor mixed from all weights!

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Ooh, nice. Thanks for the link!

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!