How could we get Superior Sigil of Mischief?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Saniyah.1984

Saniyah.1984

Do we really have to buy it from TP only?

6 Gold is totally crazy! >.<

Could we get
Essence of Mischief
Essence of Snowfall

from the Mystic Forge after wintersday?

(edited by Saniyah.1984)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You could spend 20MC to upgrade sigils in the mystic forge. But those are the only two ways

Posted by: faunabay.9320

faunabay.9320

I thought the amount I spent was a bit much but 6 gold!? Wow! I bought mine off the TP for a little less than 3.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Ironic how during Wintersday 2014, a source of them had to be patched out of the game .

Perhaps there was an over-reluctance to include them in the new loot tables this year? Or simple oversight. One good sign is that even when the supply hit ~500 this holiday, many thousands were thrown onto the market (getting the supply up to 15k even as they were being bought). Perhaps prices will drop after the holidays…

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I recommend waiting. The price will almost certainly drop as impatient buyers complete their collections and impatient speculators try to recoup some of their investment by unloading their over-supply.

Plus, I strongly suspect ANet will setup an actual source (even if it’s not a “faucet”).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Even at 6g, the total cost is roughly the same as last year. ArenaNet’s definitely not going to do anything, at least not this year and probably not the next either. These type of items are intended to be expensive, so without something new to use the sigils on, I wouldn’t count on ArenaNet brining them back at all. The price will simply rise to the cost of forging it (~18g).

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I recommend waiting. The price will almost certainly drop as impatient buyers complete their collections and impatient speculators try to recoup some of their investment by unloading their over-supply.

Plus, I strongly suspect ANet will setup an actual source (even if it’s not a “faucet”).

I strongly suspected Anet to set up an actual source this year because contrary to popular belief, the decision to close all faucets (expect upgrading) for the superior wintersday runes and sigils wasnt taken this year but already at wintersday 2015, when they converted all tiers of previous wintersday gifts into the wintersay gifts we get now. The new wintersday gifts didnt have the conjurors kits or the runes and sigils on the drop table and they also disappeared from the pvp reward track last year, compared to 2014.
However, last year, nobody really complained about the fact that there arent any drop sources because there was enough supply in the economy to sustain the demand surge for the newly introduced winters presence and the big topic was the festive imbiber achi, not the non-existant new faucets for the runes and sigils.
On a macro-economic level, those runes and sigils had a way bigger impact last year compared to this year. After all, they spiked from 30 copper to 30 silver, which means 10k% ROI compared to the ROI of 1k% from 30s to 3g this wintersday.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Even at 6g, the total cost is roughly the same as last year. ArenaNet’s definitely not going to do anything, at least not this year and probably not the next either. These type of items are intended to be expensive, so without something new to use the sigils on, I wouldn’t count on ArenaNet brining them back at all. The price will simply rise to the cost of forging it (~18g).

I hope Anet does something and the price doesn’t rise that high. Even though Winter’s Presence is a purely cosmetic item, I don’t think that it makes sense to have sigils that aren’t even used for combat outside of a very limited amount of people with strange builds be the most expensive sigils on the market (barring the ridiculously OP sigil of concentration, the next most expensive sigil is only 10g on the TP).

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Wtf these are at 6 gold a piece now? Didn’t they use to dirt cheap? I just threw out a stack of them not too long ago -_-

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

In about 2 weeks the things have doubled in price.

Here’s your only source assuming you saved any

Posted by: Saniyah.1984

Saniyah.1984

OMG it is 9 Gold now, please add a source bk!!

Wanze.8410

we are 4 weeks into wintersday, if they add a faucet now, it will do more damage than leaving it as it is. Imagine how all the players would feel that had to buy their sigils in the last 4 weeks for these prices.

They wont change anything, at least not this wintersday.

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

only good thing is, many players allready give up getting winter skin, it decreasing the demand for drinks therefore winterday gift getting cheaper.

Posted by: Keira Wildflower.7304

Keira Wildflower.7304

The other reason they are so expensive is because Essence of Mischief is also used to make Chaos Gun. Which so happens to be a precursor for Quip. That is why they are so expensive. Why Anet decided to use two of the same Sigils on two different items, I’ll never know. It’s not like they don’t have tons of other Sigils as options. Changing the requirement for the Winter’s Presence would have been the better move.

Wanze.8410

The other reason they are so expensive is because Essence of Mischief is also used to make Chaos Gun. Which so happens to be a precursor for Quip. That is why they are so expensive. Why Anet decided to use two of the same Sigils on two different items, I’ll never know. It’s not like they don’t have tons of other Sigils as options. Changing the requirement for the Winter’s Presence would have been the better move.

Thats a different Essence of Mischief though than the one used for Winters PResence. The Essence for Chaos Gun only needs 4 sigils instead of 50.
And considering that the Chaos Gun is traded around 200g on the tp and the forging costs of the chaos gun are more than double than that, I doubt that many players are actually forging it to make this a mayor sink for the sigils.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The funny thing is, the total cost is still the same. As the sigils continue to rise, the drinks continue to fall. The current cost to make the sigils is 13g, so expect them to continue upwards.

Personally, I wouldn’t count on seeing a new source next year, especially if the total cost remains around 1000g, which is roughly what it’s always been.

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

Was pleasently surprised when going through alt chars looking for mystic coins i found my original characters had 30+ of those superior bags containing mischief sigil and snowfall rune, earned me over 300 gold.

probably the only time i have got really lucky in this game.