How deep is this Endgame Dungeon? (Lost Shore)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So how deep do you think this Endgame Dungeon that will be released with Lost Shore will be?

I’m guessing it one of those 50-100 floor dungeons.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I hope it is so difficult and deep that I won’t see the end of it for another year.

Challenge accepted.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

some speculate it’s endless, and yes i mean endless.

Even GW1 had challenges that were endless and just got harder and harder and harder to the point where it’s impossible for you to complete it.

Factions introduced this system, you would farm them for competiting scores/faction points.

in Nightfall the Challenges rewarded you with an item that would give 1 of your heroes their unique armour sets and the droprate for such an item got higher and higher and higher as the difficulty increased which was the perfect system for farming.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I’m not really following all news about Lost Shores… Where does this “Endgame Dungeon” story come from?

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I’m not really following all news about Lost Shores… Where does this “Endgame Dungeon” story come from?

It will be a new type of Dungeon released in the Lost Shore map.

This is what you would consider a Challenge dungeon where the deeper you go the harder it becomes but the higher the quality of the rewards the farther you go. The developers did say there is a possible end to this dungeon but reaching it isn’t something you can do in a day.

Basically like those 100 floor dungeons you see at the end of RPGs after you complete the game.

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

It will be a new type of Dungeon released in the Lost Shore map.

This is what you would consider a Challenge dungeon where the deeper you go the harder it becomes but the higher the quality of the rewards the farther you go. The developers did say there is a possible end to this dungeon but reaching it isn’t something you can do in a day.

Basically like those 100 floor dungeons you see at the end of RPGs after you complete the game.

I do not think they 100% said that it was a new dungeon type, just one that gets progressively harder the further you go down. That could just mean its a new dungeon, tweaked so that the lesser enemies are not tougher then the endboss.

They did say a new pve mode is coming too, which could be an endless dungeon, but those are 2 separately announced additions with the patch.