How did you farm your karma for a legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HakunaMataBaby.2734

HakunaMataBaby.2734

So um yea, going for incinerator and I need about 600k karma, how’d you farm that much?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

play other stuff and don’t spend any karma

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Do the Silverwastes chest farm. This will net you the obsidian shards directly. I’m not sure how often people do it nowadays.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Daily teq gives 13k karma from the chests, plus some more from the events themselves.

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

Worlds vs worlds

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

By playing since headstart and the fact that there isn’t really much worth spending on.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

By playing since headstart and the fact that there isn’t really much worth spending on.

lol I have 5 million karma. I can’t even remember what it was like to actually farm it.

Of course, the farms have all changed since launch.

On the off-chance I run out, though, I’m glad to know that daily Teq gives so much.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Play in maps that have lots of events. Silverwastes and Dry Top are good ones. Lots of people are farming Cursed Shore now, and Tequatl gives a fair bit for your time. Haven’t done Edge of the Mists in a while, but that also used to be a good spot.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

PvP for obsidian and clovers. At the very least, do the dailies and pick a track that gives obsidian and clovers in the final chest. For a whole track you get 20 shards and 2 clovers, plus a whole bunch of other stuff.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Farm Karma? Try doing events. I’ve got something like 8 million karma banked up with no real use for it at this point. I think I earned quite a bit of mine by doing world boss train, but I really don’t know for sure.

You can also boost your karma income various ways:
- Get an ascended amulet with a utility slot and slap the Karmic infusion on it. This will boost your karma gain by 15%.
- Use a bonfire keyed to Karma. This increases your karma gain by 50%
- Use a guild Karma banner. Different versions boost by either 5% or 10%
- Enable a guild-wide karma boost. Adds another 15%
- Use various food items. Adds another 5%
- Birthday blaster. Adds 10% (mutually exclusive from the food version)

There are some others like map volunteering but those are not something you can easily control.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Do you already have map completion? You get a lot of Karma from doing Hearts.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Tequatl the Sunless…

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Personally I just never spent it. By the time I was ready for legendaries I had 5mil. For now work on the other items for legendary and play the game as usual. If you have the other items already, then I guess Teq or event trains seem to be the consensus.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

lvl 40 fractal gives around 2.5k karma if you’re lvl50+. i dunno if they fixed it yet but if not just quickly do 240 runs (around 16 hours if you find a dedicated group and don’t take any breaks) and you’ll not only have your karma but will have also made a decent amount of gold.

i personally piled up karma potions and drank them with maximum boosters back in the day (i have still 12 or 13 million karma left) but that’s no longer an option.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Champ trains used to be awesome for karma, since every champ was also an event, but no longer an option. Back in the day dailies gave you 4000 karma, but again no longer an option. These days, map completion, high density event maps like Silverwaste and Cursed Shore, and WvW used to be good too since everything counts as an event. Not sure if WvW is that good anymore. Use boosters whenever possible.