How did you get your ascended gear?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

Got all my Ascended gear from Fractals. With the exception to a Greatsword that I crafted.

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

I crafted my ranger a full set of zerker
Crafted Longvbow; GS & Staff as drops from PvP
Got mawdrey for back piece
Rings from fractals
Amulet from laurels
Trinkets also from laurels because stupidity.

I also have 4 armor boxes sitting in bank that I’m unsure what to do with, but I alnost never got anything besides rings and fractal skins in fractal…all Mr good fractal drops are pvp.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Most of mine was crafted, but some of the sets on my newer characters were largely made up with drops I got from Fractals…back when there was a decent drop rate for ascended gear.

I did also get a few pieces from PvP reward loot.

Posted by: WiredHot.7651

WiredHot.7651

I got three armor pieces in drops while playing in Edge of the Mists, which I used on my Guardian. I also got 6 ascended trinkets, but I do not think ascended armor or trinkets drop anymore. I also crafted two other armor sets for two of my characters.

Reunited with God my creator, after calling upon Jesus as Lord. What an incredible experience.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

My rings are from fractals, other jewelry from laurel vendors, obviously. I crafted Mawdrey, several fractal capacitors and the bladed things whatever they’re called.

As for weapons and armor: I crafted some and I got some chest drops over the years that I thankfully kept in storage until the update that lets us change the stats. Oh, and I think I got an armor box when I completed the ambrite weapon collection.

I never bought any materials for them. I just save up until I have enough to make another piece. I have over a dozen weapons and 3 full armor sets (grand artisan) and some spare armor parts. I pretty much stopped bothering to really go for it after the 3rd full set.

I got a good headstart on the armors, by the way. I started stockpiling cloth and leather after ascended weapons were introduced because I expected a similar approach as for wood and metal for refining them into ascended materials. Luckily, I was right.