How do I make gold now?

How do I make gold now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I came back to the game for HoT, and found that my traditional way of making gold: running dungeons, has been completely gutted. While I am still at a loss as to why A-net would do this, I have to ask: how do I make gold now? I absolutely hate farming and crafting. I only craft because I have to in order to get ascended gear. But it seems that A-net has now made it a requirement to farm mats endlessly for hours on end if you ever want to have more than 10 gold. How is that fun? Is there a better way?

I don’t play games to do boring tedious tasks like farming mats for 10 hours. I get enough of that type of thing at my actual job.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Fractals of the Mists. Do Daily fractals, sell Encryption boxes and everything you salvage from the greens/blues.

Make somewhere between 5-10 gold doing 7 fractals a day.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I got a 200g shield from chests in Auric Basin.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Fractal dailies will get you a lot of infusions that you can sell, and doing event chains in Verdant Brink drops a crapload of materials and salvageable gear. I’ve made 400 gold since release (not including a precursor that dropped and I sold for 900g) playing 1-2 hours day on average.

Verdant Brink or Dragon Stand event are way more fun than dungeon-running and grinding anyway, and on top of that you’ll get a ton of EXP for your masteries if you throw on a birthday and exp booster

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

You make a lot of gold in HoT maps. I find it refreshing. The little baubles you get from chests, if you accumulate a few you can make some nice gold there (I had 17 baubles worth about 5+ gold), plus rares you get and salvage them for ectos etc. I make more gold exploring HoT in a day than I used to grinding out SW or something. More fun too.

So i guess.. play the game? I dont know. Good luck.

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I don’t know what the Silverwastes are like these days since I haven’t run that area for money since before HoT.

But I have gotten some decent money from doing DEs in HoT maps. I feel like I have to stay in the area for hours before it really adds up, but at least I’m getting something.

I’ve gotten good money from running EOTM recently.

I make fairly decent money from the loot I get from PvP reward tracks.

Selling mats used for scribing and guild hall improvement in general seems to net some decent money, too.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I don’t know how you all are making all this gold you claim to be from doing events in HoT maps. That’s all I have done since I came back in order to get my masteries up, and I haven’t made even a fraction of the gold you all say you have. Do you have more specific advice for how to make gold off of these events?

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

Are you selling materials that you salvage and harvest? That’s where most of the gold has been since HoT launch.

Additionally, play maps that give Shiny Baubles as their map reward. Do events, work towards map currency, and you’ll collect a handful of them worth 30s a piece.

How do I make gold now?

UnbentMars.9126

I don’t know how you all are making all this gold you claim to be from doing events in HoT maps. That’s all I have done since I came back in order to get my masteries up, and I haven’t made even a fraction of the gold you all say you have. Do you have more specific advice for how to make gold off of these events?

How much of the stuff you get are you selling? Also, a very important part of this is that you do the events well on a map where other people do the events well. Look in the LFG for taxis to a high security level Verdant Brink and get your participation up to 200%. By the end of the night you’ll have gotten a crap ton of loot and a guaranteed exotic armor piece, but you have to succeed.

And before anyone says it, succeeding at the meta events is not hard, just try to ensure that you are organized. Be smart about it.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

By the end of the night you’ll have gotten a crap ton of loot and a guaranteed exotic armor piece, but you have to succeed.

And before anyone says it, succeeding at the meta events is not hard, just try to ensure that you are organized. Be smart about it.

You mean run stick figure graphics so you don’t crash and hope that someone else kills the other bosses in VB while you kill yours for a chance at a gold chest after spending 90 minutes killing mobs that don’t give xp or loot?

Maybe you’ll fill your inventory after 4 or 5 runs unless you found a spot I haven’t found yet. If you’re “smart” about it you’ll avoid Metas and farm mobs that actually give rewards.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Malchors leap. Giant eye’s sell for 5~ish gold.

How do I make gold now?

UnbentMars.9126

By the end of the night you’ll have gotten a crap ton of loot and a guaranteed exotic armor piece, but you have to succeed.

You mean run stick figure graphics so you don’t crash and hope that someone else kills the other bosses in VB while you kill yours for a chance at a gold chest after spending 90 minutes killing mobs that don’t give xp or loot?

Maybe you’ll fill your inventory after 4 or 5 runs unless you found a spot I haven’t found yet. If you’re “smart” about it you’ll avoid Metas and farm mobs that actually give rewards.

If that’s what it takes, but are you running GW2 on a typewriter or something? I play on a 5 year old laptop and have graphics set nearly to the highest. I don’t know what mobs you are referring to, because the only mobs I’ve run into give plenty of experience and loot, so maybe you are just not actually tagging them. I fill my inventory 2 or 3 times per night cycle on Verdant Brink while actively depositing all materials into my bank and salvaging in between events. You must be doing it wrong.

And yes, I mean that it’s pretty easy to find a map with people who are doing the right things considering I’ve been a part of maximized maps several times. It takes 2 minutes of effort (if not less) in looking through the lfg…if that can be called effort.

If you are “helpful”, you would say what and where those mobs are rather than kittenting on the strategies that obviously work for other people. I mentioned a strategy that has worked for me as i have been “smart” about it.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Malchors leap. Giant eye’s sell for 5~ish gold.

that’s what i was wondering…

… why there’s always no1 doing events while giant eyes are on rewards?

Am i missing anything?

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

How many giant eyes can you really get in an hour?

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Craft Soft wood planks . a stack will net you 45 gold right now

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

LMFAO Dungeon runners complaining about not being able to make gold from abusing bad mechanics which have been fixed slightly now.

Come back to me when you are a WvW only player!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Credit card is your best friend!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

It was gutted because the rewards since they were buffed were too high. Any reasonable player knew they were too high. It lead to inflation. I called on ANet to nerf dungeon rewards ages ago.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

The best way to CREATE gold is to use the Ectoplasm gambler skritt.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

How many giant eyes can you really get in an hour?

I don’t know if map rewards are set rewards or random, since i’ve gotten things other than what was listed as “next”. That said you could get 1-2 an hour.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

If that’s what it takes, but are you running GW2 on a typewriter or something? I play on a 5 year old laptop and have graphics set nearly to the highest. I don’t know what mobs you are referring to, because the only mobs I’ve run into give plenty of experience and loot, so maybe you are just not actually tagging them. I fill my inventory 2 or 3 times per night cycle on Verdant Brink while actively depositing all materials into my bank and salvaging in between events. You must be doing it wrong.

And yes, I mean that it’s pretty easy to find a map with people who are doing the right things considering I’ve been a part of maximized maps several times. It takes 2 minutes of effort (if not less) in looking through the lfg…if that can be called effort.

If you are “helpful”, you would say what and where those mobs are rather than kittenting on the strategies that obviously work for other people. I mentioned a strategy that has worked for me as i have been “smart” about it.

Yeah, from what I understand (which isn’t much, when it comes to tech!), it actually runs better on older machines.

Hence why they added the 64 bit download.

Not that that has helped me – maybe I did it wrong?

I thought it only worked on the highest of highest end, brand new pcs and the problem was my new (but by no means highest end) 64 bit laptop; but, apparently not.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth