How do I purchase GW2 for friend?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Q:

I have a friend, I wish to buy her GW2 for from website. How can I do that since billing info will be mine?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A:

Your friend can set up an account, or if they already have one, use the code to upgrade their currrent account.

Then the information would be theirs.

You simply go to account.arena.net and click on game content, then click add code. If your friend doesn’t have an existing account they can just go to register.arena.net

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I have a friend, I wish to buy her GW2 for from website. How can I do that since billing info will be mine?

I’m not sure if they updated it, but when i bought it for a friend, i had to use my own card.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As far as I know, you can just buy the game (using your own info), and then forward the mail with the serial code and info to your friend’s email address. From there, she can make her own account with her info (ie. her own email address, screen name, account name, etc.).

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

So I receive a mail with the serial code, that I can simply forward to her? My billing info such as email will not become the account email?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So I receive a mail with the serial code, that I can simply forward to her? My billing info such as email will not become the account email?

Yes, simply forward the Serial Key. The account information is taken from the account creation data. Your friend will supply all that information when creating her account.

Good luck.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Just buy it on Amazon?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

You don’t have to forward the email (which will show credit card type and last 4 numbers IIRC). Just give her the serial code, which she can apply to her own account. The purchase is not tied to your email/account, only the account that redeems the serial code. I gave away two HoT gifts this way.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll plus-one on Rhapsody. I’ve also gifted HoT accounts to others by ordering them on my account and copy-pasting the code to the giftees (very privately, and asking them to apply it immediately and confirm to me that it worked to avoid any hacks or other losses).

Pasting the code into the account registration page is what links it to a particular account, not purchasing it.