April Fools: Bobble Heads

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Teq, as requested. Trying Arah story now for Zaitan.

Don’t waste your time -_-

Well… poo…

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Atrum.2698

Atrum.2698

or set PC time to 3rd April or later..

Yeah, nah bro. No worky.

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

My Thief looks adorable!

Attachments:

(edited by Backward Sass.6791)

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Try adjusting your settings to lowest then log out and back in. The bobble head did not show for me until I put my setting to higher.

Mine is already at the lowest setting and it still shows bobblehead >.<;;;

Ok, nvm, on certain map, that method works, but on some other maps, it doesn’t work Q.Q

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

(edited by crystalpink.2487)

Posted by: Devard.9315

Devard.9315

Yeah, nah bro. No worky.

you did …turn off the client … set the pc time , then restart the game right ? ..its works like a charm on my end i teleport around from zone to zone just testing it , no complications..

Posted by: Musik.8509

Musik.8509

@ Advent Leader: Thanks, helped a lot. Opt out makes this a funny April Fools joke.

Posted by: Shamdon.6512

Shamdon.6512

I might be repeating the others but just don’t log in till April 2.

All your bases now belong to us.
Lord of the Bobble heads
Guild: Live In Our Nightmare [Lion]

Backward Sass.6791

Was doing the cliffside fractal when the update hit XD

Hahah! That is too funny!

Posted by: Atrum.2698

Atrum.2698

Yeah, nah bro. No worky.

you did …turn off the client … set the pc time , then restart the game right ? ..its works like a charm on my end i teleport around from zone to zone just testing it , no complications..

Indeed I did. Oh well.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

How do you get a headache from looking at a big head? lol, just wait a day if it bothers you that much. Kind of ruins the spirit of the holiday if people can just opt out of a prank.

but anyways, you could try setting your computer’s date forward to april 2nd. Or back to March whatever. It seems to be client side.

I THINK some people have a type of Coulrophobia(for the lack of a name for it).

Coulrophobia is a fear of clowns and mimes, and other individuals whose identity and intentions are obscured by things like makeup. What does that have to do with bobbleheads?

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Mu character looks so majestic Q.Q

We are Charr, fear our might!

Attachments:

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: viewbens.3105

viewbens.3105

Was doing the cliffside fractal when the update hit XD

nice ty for posting this mate^^

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

How do you get a headache from looking at a big head? lol, just wait a day if it bothers you that much. Kind of ruins the spirit of the holiday if people can just opt out of a prank.

but anyways, you could try setting your computer’s date forward to april 2nd. Or back to March whatever. It seems to be client side.

Coulrophobia is a fear of clowns and mimes, and other individuals whose identity and intentions are obscured by things like makeup. What does that have to do with bobbleheads?

You said it right here(out of context), “and other individuals whose identity and intentions are obscured by things like makeup.”. In a sense the bobbleheads are an obscured representation of its true self AND I DID SAY, “for the lack of a name for it”. Go figure.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If you look close enough you can see my chinbutt….

Attachments:

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Lazy.

After SAB last year this April fools is pathetic. It is simply more of an annoyance than funny and the only thing it has accomplished is for me to log off for the day and play another game.

Disappointing Arena Net, but disappointment is something you seem to excel at lately!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Ok, at least on my end every other login (completely exiting game and restarting) gives me bobblehead. I don’t know if me messing with dates had anything to do with it, but you can try exiting the game completely and restarting it and see if that gets rid of it.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Thank you ArenaNet! <3bobble<3

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I like how people think that the bobbleheads are the extent to what ANet has planned for April 1st. You may be right, but there are a lot of hours left for other things to happen.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Im Mudbone.1437

TY ANET for the funny.

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

You said it right here(out of context), “and other individuals whose identity and intentions are obscured by things like makeup.”. In a sense the bobbleheads are an obscured representation of its true self. Go figure.

Give it a rest. Everyone knows you’re just being a Fanboi.

And that aside. There are people like myself that are getting headaches from it, be cause there is too much motion going on from what you are normally used to in the game. And my eyes are trying to process every little new motion, and it’s causing a massive headache.

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

Backward Sass.6791

Mesmer bobble head army, attack that cute moa! XD

Attachments:

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Definitely will be taking lots of screenshots/videos tomorrow.

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi [PD]

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I feel kinda sorry for the owls

“I’ve seen some things…unspeakable things”

Attachments:

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

One of the long list of reasons why I love Anet! From GW1 to now they’ve had the best April fools day jokes!

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

The wolves look like corgis.

Well played, Anet.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You said it right here(out of context), “and other individuals whose identity and intentions are obscured by things like makeup.”. In a sense the bobbleheads are an obscured representation of its true self AND I DID SAY, “for the lack of a name for it”. Go figure.

Someone has to be the word police.

Posted by: Dekoy.1920

Dekoy.1920

I was doing the cliffside fractal when the update hit XD

Attachments:

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Yesterday I logged out in the Black Citadel. Today I logged into the Uncanny Valley.

Im Mudbone.1437

You said it right here(out of context), “and other individuals whose identity and intentions are obscured by things like makeup.”. In a sense the bobbleheads are an obscured representation of its true self. Go figure.

And that aside. There are people like myself that are getting headaches from it, be cause there is too much motion going on from what you are normally used to in the game. And my eyes are trying to process every little new motion, and it’s causing a massive headache.

ACTUALLY, Im FAR FROM A GW2 FANBOI, just check my posting history, I may be one of the most critical people on these forums AGAINST GW2, although, on occasion they put things in that tickles or intrigues me. I’m sorry it gives you a headache , but, it’s not like it’s permanent, I myself would get sick of it if it were, but, it’s only for 1 day, GEEZ.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Thanks but no thanks.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

System restore points don’t help, either. Pretty sure it’s not client-side, at this point

Of course not, system restore only deals with system files. This is something that’s just coded into the game and activated today.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Backward Sass.6791

OH GEEZ! She’s ten times as scary now!

Attachments:

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I wouldn’t have any problem with it if the size of the head when trying to use the Total Makeover Kit was normal. :<

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

Everything.

Attachments:

(edited by cDKI.8352)

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

I would sell 14 of my 15 characters into slavery for a Bobble Head Tonic.
And I know everyone’s with me on this ‘cause they’re all nodding their heads in excitement.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I can’t stop laughing!! TY ArenaNet

Egon Vidar.9125

ACTUALLY, Im FAR FROM A GW2 FANBOI, just check my posting history, I may be one of the most critical people on these forums AGAINST GW2, although, on occasion they put things in that tickles or intrigues me. I’m sorry it gives you a headache , but, it’s not like it’s permanent, I myself would get sick of it if it were, but, it’s only for 1 day, GEEZ.

That’s not what coulrophobia is, sorry man. Bobbleheads scaring people is closer to automatonophobia.

Also, could you stop yelling in caps?

I think the bobbleheads are great, and I’m very sorry it’s badly affecting some people. And I’m especially sorry that while I’m playing right now, I’m beginning to develop a migraine from straining my eyes (I’m legally blind in one eye..) trying to see enemy animations around my enormous noggin, and it’s starting to make me nauseous. It makes me sad because I really enjoy the effect and find it funny. Part of me hopes the migraine is coincidental, but I know it isn’t.

I love the bobbleheads, but they’re messing with me. I’ll probably have to play in very short amounts of time and space it out to avoid it bothering me too much.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

This hit while I was fighting a wurm in Snowden. Though for sure that my game was glitching.
Good one, Anet… Good one. XD

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Egon Vidar.9125

Everything.

This had me in stitches, good job on being completely horrifying, there!

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I can see how it would be funny at first, but after the OMG effect wears off it’d just be stupid. Good for a laugh for some people, nothing more. I hope set up so that when people log in they will see it and if they like it have a laugh, for me however I saw it and want it to BE GONE.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Guess no one saw the Dulfy take over of Wiki yet…

Which is really ironic because she never contributed anything to the wiki

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

If anyone’s still upset that you can’t turn the bobble off, confirming that setting your system date ahead worked for me. I love it, took a video of it, will be turning it back on, but my laughter almost got me killed.

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

:D look at this qt dragon!

Attachments:

Paulytnz.7619

Someone needs to get an Ettin, they have 2 heads…..

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

I am never sleeping again. Ever.

Attachments:

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Sooo, why doesn’t my game give everything bobbleheads?

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

All the people getting headaches are being called children and old women. I expect to get motion sickness as I am prone to that, will try it out tonight! Why are people so against others having the option to turn it off when this option would not affect you if you love this bobblehead feature?

Paulytnz.7619

Sooo, why doesn’t my game give everything bobbleheads?

Is the date on your pc correct? Try changing it to April 1 if not.

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Is the date on your pc correct? Try changing it to April 1 if not.

Definitely April 1. Oh well, I guess I’ll pretend to be part of it by laughing at other people’s screenshots.

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I think it’s only 10 mins out of the hour, log out and back in it should be normal. It will be a bit of a pain to restart game for a whole day, but at least it’s not 24 hours strait.