How do I run two clients at once

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I have 2 accounts and it’s annoying logging on back and forth. I finally have a decent rig, how do I log into both at once

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I believe you need a program to do so, not sure on its legality, so you would have to search for it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve searched for that also but haven’t been able to find an answer, if you get one that works I hope it’s posted on this thread,

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Get two computers, two monitors, and dual box.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Get two computers, two monitors, and dual box.

I have two computers but one is an elderly potato that is threatening to become French Fried at any moment. :/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Posted by: Grassrab.9302

Grassrab.9302

Alternatively you can you use some virtualization software like VMWare, VirtualBox etc. Running one client on you system and the other in the virtual on lower graphic settings.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

ANet doesn’t support the use of third party applications, so it’s use at your own risk, but Multiwars is a launcher that lets you run multiple instances of GW2 without the use of a virtual machine.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Pandaman already gave you the easiest way to multi-launch clients. As an avid GW2’er that loves to Multibox, let me give you a heads up. There’s a tiny player set that will bark, moan, and berate you for multi-boxing. Don’t let them bully you at all! Enjoy the challenge and excitement of trying to control two characters at once. I’ve even brought two into ranked and it was so much fail but, fun as heck!

editing to add: welcome to the wonderful world of account binding. You learn to love to hate it. Everything has to be bought multiple times.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just remember you can only control one at a time. If one button moves more than one character, you’re in ban territory.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

Anet should just change the client since more accounts ppl have more gem store items they will buy and more gem store profit $$$

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Alright I didn’t know there was a issue with this I’ll just continue using them separate ty

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There is no issue with running multiple clients. You’re just not allowed to multi-box like you would in other MMOs by controlling all clients at the same time.

To open multiple clients, you’ll need to run Gw2.exe with the -shareArchive command line option and you’ll need a program to kill the mutex that prevents GW2 from opening more than once.

If you want a program to manage multiple accounts for you, you can try Gw2Launcher.

If you want to kill the mutex manually, use Microsoft’s ProcessExplorer to search for and kill “AN-Mutex-Window-Guild Wars 2”

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

look up multiwars2

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

You can make another copy of your GW2 directory (that will solve some problems with entering the same instance).
Create another user on your Windows (with password).
Download small Microsof tool (same as Process Explorer but for console) Handle.
And use small batch file for each client . Save them in representive clients directories and change the following variables: _Handle, _User, _GWPath.
It will ask once for the password of the Windows account.

@echo off
rem Path to "handle.exe".
set "_Handle=E:\bin\Handle\Handle.exe"

rem Path to "Gw2.exe".
set "_GWPath=F:\GW2-Second\Gw2.exe -maploadinfo"

rem Windows user name.
set "_User=GW2-Second"

echo.GW2 Multi Launcher by Zygi4s.

rem Find GW2 Mutex and kill it.
for /f "tokens=3,6 delims=: " %%I in (’%_Handle% -accepteula -a "AN-Mutex-Window-Guild Wars 2"’) do if not "%%J" == "" %_Handle% -accepteula -c %%J -y -p %%I

rem Delay to be safe.
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 > nul

rem Run GW2 as _User. Ask for password on first run.
runas /savecred /user:"%_User%" "%_GWPath%"

:EoF

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

(edited by Dorid.1793)

Posted by: Oye Healyasom.8714

Oye Healyasom.8714

The reason I’m here is because it stopped working yesterday. But this is what I was doing successfully.
Multiwars worked for a while, I had some trouble, so I switched to manual.
o Get a hex editor, I like “Icy Hexplorer” but I’m sure any would work.
o Copy your GW install directory. I call them GW2-1 and GW2-2
You have to repeat this every time they send a patch, 6-7 times a month.
o Start the 1st then the 2nd. If the 2nd one doesn’t display, then you know it was patched so you need to do the following.
o hex edit the 1st gw2.exe (or gw2-64.exe) (the one that was just patched). Search for “Guild Wars 2”. Change the “2” to a “4” (or any other character). You don’t need to change them all, just the 1st one found from the top. Save-As over the 2nd GW2.exe.

That’s it.
Notes:
o Use the same character (“4”) each time as your roaming profile creates folders with it and you want to use the same ones.
o I do better waiting for the 1st one to completely display the character selection screen before trying to start the 2nd one. For me, graphics gets confused.
o my 2nd short cut, oddly, needs to present the 1st folder as the “start folder”, even though the gw2.dat file it uses is in the 2nd folder.
o I was unable to get them to share the same dat file. This just means you load that twice, wasting 30 seconds twice a week.
o I actually have 3 accounts and 3 install directories. The system can handle it but I cannot possible adventure with 3 characters, although the daily dragon chest farming works OK.
o I emphasize that you cannot be controlling 2 characters with the exact same key/mouse movements, that is “multi-boxing” and forbidden. You need to switch between windows frequently.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The reason I’m here is because it stopped working yesterday. But this is what I was doing successfully.
Multiwars worked for a while, I had some trouble, so I switched to manual.
o Get a hex editor, I like “Icy Hexplorer” but I’m sure any would work.
o Copy your GW install directory. I call them GW2-1 and GW2-2
You have to repeat this every time they send a patch, 6-7 times a month.
o Start the 1st then the 2nd. If the 2nd one doesn’t display, then you know it was patched so you need to do the following.
o hex edit the 1st gw2.exe (or gw2-64.exe) (the one that was just patched). Search for “Guild Wars 2”. Change the “2” to a “4” (or any other character). You don’t need to change them all, just the 1st one found from the top. Save-As over the 2nd GW2.exe.

That’s it.
Notes:
o Use the same character (“4”) each time as your roaming profile creates folders with it and you want to use the same ones.
o I do better waiting for the 1st one to completely display the character selection screen before trying to start the 2nd one. For me, graphics gets confused.
o my 2nd short cut, oddly, needs to present the 1st folder as the “start folder”, even though the gw2.dat file it uses is in the 2nd folder.
o I was unable to get them to share the same dat file. This just means you load that twice, wasting 30 seconds twice a week.
o I actually have 3 accounts and 3 install directories. The system can handle it but I cannot possible adventure with 3 characters, although the daily dragon chest farming works OK.
o I emphasize that you cannot be controlling 2 characters with the exact same key/mouse movements, that is “multi-boxing” and forbidden. You need to switch between windows frequently.

There’s a thread in the Bugs sub-forum regarding this topic.

Good luck.

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

I suggest checking out GW2LaunchBuddy. If you use it for multiboxing then you don’t have to edit the executables each time there is a patch. Normal use case is open lauchbuddy, check accounts you want to log in to, click launch.

There are some drawbacks like needing to store your account info, and needing to trust this program to run as admin, but it is open source so you can check out for yourself if you’re ok with running it.

This is the most recent reddit post I found.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5ch05r/gw2_launchbuddy_beta_13_release/

This is the github page.
https://github.com/TheCheatsrichter/Gw2_Launchbuddy

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]