How do i validate my account?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkminion.5671

Darkminion.5671

Q:

Hi, i was a free user and i just bought the game now when i wanna do something like the black lion trading market it tells me to do a 2 step process in order to access the market:

1. upgrade to a full account, wich i did
2. “Newly unlocked accounts require validation.
This feature will unlock in 4 days.”

I installed the game on 2-9 and its 6-9 so its the fourth day (GMT +1 timezone)
When and where can i validate my account?
Cause i cant find it in game or on the forums

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

https://account.arena.net/security/settings

in there is a link to set up 2-step varification

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Darkminion.5671

I just did all the steps and linked my account to my phone with SMS but it still tells me that i have to validate my account?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I’m not sure what’s happening then. I can only suggest you contact support, they’ll be able to help you and will be able to see what is going on.
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

hope you get some answers soon

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Darkminion.5671

Alright ill try this thanks for your help

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

I don’t really know but the way it reads to me is that the ‘feature will unlock in 4 days’ means that ANet have to do something to unlock it, particularly if you have already verified it by email and SMS. If it was installed Wednesday 2nd September, I would assume it would be 4 working days, so Monday 7th or even Tuesday 8th depending what time you did it. Also remember that ANet works to US time so is probably 6-8 hours behind you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There may be a time-restraint on the TP for new accounts, in addition to the vetting of Play for Free to paid accounts.

New accounts have several time/use restrictions, whether they were once Play for Free or newly created paid accounts.

Good luck.

Darkminion.5671

I just hope that i will get the full member status soon so i can buy items on the store and use map chat and such things

Posted by: RK house.1680

RK house.1680

so after 4 days of validate using SMS it allow u to buy things in tradeing post?

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I just did this with a new account last week. The way it works is there is a 5 day waiting period before you can use the TP and send mail to other players no matter what. If you validate your account (connect it to SMS) at any time during this 5 day period, you still have to wait out the 5 day period. If you have not validated your account during that 5 day period, you will still still need to validate your account to use those services after the 5 day period to gain access to them.

Unfortunately, there is no way around the five day waiting period.

If you know someone, a trusted friend, then you can have them buy what you need off the TP and mail it to you, as you can always receive mail regardless of the 5 day waiting period.

Stuff goes here.

Posted by: jocs.8261

jocs.8261

same here, Wintersday will end soon, please let me access TP please.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Hmmm, a friend of mine is trying the free account. We assumed that it was a 1 of 2 statement (HoT OR 4 days wait), but by reading here I get the feeling that a free account never can use TP?

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I believe free accounts can use the Trading Post but there are restrictions. You might like to check out this table which sets out the differences:

http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

If your friend was to buy HoT, then they could use the Trading Post after the five day waiting period was over.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Free accounts are heavily restricted on what they can buy and sell on the Trading Post and the only way to lift those restrictions is to buy HoT.

I’ve had my free account since they first came out, I validated it months ago and I still can’t trade most things.

(This is to stop gold sellers using free accounts. If they can’t trade, can’t send gold, can’t use guild banks etc. they’re not much use to gold sellers, and they have to stick to paid accounts and then they lose their money when the account is banned.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Ok, sounds reasonable.

Posted by: Botnik.1362

Botnik.1362

thats great and all, but if you throw 100 dollars at a game you should be able to play the entire game without restrictions aye? TERRIBLE idea for the 5 day wait…your gonna spend 100 dollars for an account to send 500 in game gold… crazy…

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

thats great and all, but if you throw 100 dollars at a game you should be able to play the entire game without restrictions aye? TERRIBLE idea for the 5 day wait…your gonna spend 100 dollars for an account to send 500 in game gold… crazy…

Except that it has drastically reduced the amount of in-game gold seller spam since it was introduced. It’s irksome (recently encountered this myself on my second account), but not so long a period that it becomes a real problem. It’s not a perfect solution but I honestly think it’s a decent trade-off.