How do u guys make gold?

How do u guys make gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sanne.6170

Sanne.6170

I had no problems making gold but now i have cuz CoF p1 runs are nerfed and the scarlet event is over.
Does anybody knows how to make gold these days?

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

cof 1-2
coe1-2-3
ta FF UPF
AC 1-2-3
arah 1-2-3
SE 1-3

mostly … not all in the same day but they are quite lot of money

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I usually sell off unneeded mats I gather (usually make about 10G if I wait long enough) There’s also daily world boss chests (good source of ectos). T6 laurel bags, and you could always do a variety of dungeons instead of just CoF path 1.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I heard going up to a champion and pressing 1 on a ranged weapon is a pretty good way of getting rich.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

Gold from dungeons was only really viable IMHO when the COF P1 train was running. Unless you have a large list of friends who can do a dungeon run whenever you want…PUGs are a pain to setup. Plus as often as not you wind up with inexperienced players and the run turns into a 2 hour life-sucking experience…nowhere near worth the gold earned.

To bad Clockwork Chaos ended. By far the best farming the game has ever had IMHO.

BTW, what did they do to nerf COF P1? I haven’t run it in a while.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Sanne.6170

Sanne.6170

The stain they nerfed cof p1 by letting u only get a good reward by running it once a day

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

Farming and crafting , also playing the tradepost .

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

For me I just sell everything, do world bosses and sell the rare weapons, salvage the rare armor for ectos to sell. If you see an invasion message pop up go to that map ASAP and follow the farmers around (can get over 30-40 champ boxes). I also do every event I see, i know you only get like one silver from them but still it all adds up. WvW gets you some money too, sell everything in there. Most recently I made 50-60 gold by crafting the op runes of perplexity. Been buying ingredients with buy orders then crafting and selling for a profit. Get on something like that and you can make some gold pretty quick.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah….spamming 1 on champs is a good way to earn gold now….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

After my daily I just join some farm group and get some money.
It’s also nice to get into conversations about farming groups and people running in front of the groups. Nice and polite

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Invasions are still excellent for making money.

After, that champion farming.

World Boss events.

Anything else takes groups/guilds, time to co-ordinate. The ingame LFG tool may help with those on the 17th.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Gather all orichalcum and ancient logs you can, sell on TP. I make 10g in 20 minutes by running 5 characters through Cursed Shore each day. You can make more if you have more characters and/or do Malchor’s Leap/Frostgorge Sound aswell.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

I used to spend $15 per month on sub sometimes $30 on two subs. I have no problem buying $20 worth of gems each month. What? When you go to a sports event you just sit there and starve? You get a job selling hotdogs while you are there? You go to a movie and you dont buy any popcorn or drink? You just pick crushed popcorn up off the floor? This is entertainment people remember to enjoy yourselves. Hey I run dungeons ect too for fun.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

Selling crafting mats is a nice way to make money whle you are out and about doing other things. Go ahead and harvest everything you come across, and get to know which materials to look out for on the mini-map (for example, “herb” nodes in the Ascalon zones, even the lowbie ones, have a chance of dropping valuable Chili Peppers). Harvesting can also occasionally earn you Unidentified Dyes, which are always good sellers on the TP.

Profit via crafting is not as lucrative in this game as it is in some others, but there are some possibilities if you’re smart with it. Check out www.gw2spidy.com, pick your favorite crafting profession, and see what you can craft for profit at any given time. I have a few items that I craft batches of a couple of times a day, and it’s good for 1-2 gold here and there.

All of this won’t make you SUPER rich, necessarily, but I’m able to keep my toons in decent gear, runes, etc., splurge on some shinies like dyes and skins, and still have enough to spend on an account upgrade (bank space, char. slots, etc.) every so often. I hate zerg-fests, and serious TP flipping (which is how many of the wealthiest players got their gold) feels too much like a job to me, although some people do have fun doing it.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wandering around the world, merching my boatloads of loot to the nearest merchant. Occasionally selling a yellow or 3 on the TP depending on its sell price. I’ve gotten all of like 3 exotics in my lifetime, which I also sold. Some map completion, lots of char leveling. Doing some of the LS content. Nothing spectacular. I’m by no means rich, but I’m sitting comfy at just under 100g .

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

cof 1-2
coe1-2-3
ta FF UP
AC 1-2-3
arah 1-2-3
SE 1-3

Pretty much this (might add CM p3 and Honor p1 if you need to pair farming with getting those tokens).

General dungeoneering got a very nice boost in profiting from the “rewards revamp” patch.

If you don’t have a team or time for DGs, some meta events are always a good way to make some cash/mat and spend some free time.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Yesterday i made 30g from farming nodes in 2 hours. Today it was about 22g in 2 hours. Love the high price of ancient wood logs!

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Gems…(just kidding)

I found that I seem to make more gold when I’m not trying to. I just play. I do what I want, vendor the stuff that won’t sell on the TP for more than the vendor price, and salvage for high-end mats. I don’t farm, and I don’t play the market. I just play. Some days I make 5 or 6 gold, some days more, some days less. There’s just nothing out there that I need right now, so I am spending less than I make.

Level 80 Elementalist

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Champ farm in Queensdale. Seriously, if I’m there for more than 1 hour, I’ll get at least 7 rare item drops and I’ve gotten 2 exotics from farming for about 2 hours. Add in the dragon bosses and you’ve got yourself over 11 rares and lots o money.

Make sure you’re level 80 before doing this tho, because you won’t get the nice tier 6 mats farming on a level 60

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Champ farm in Queensdale. Seriously, if I’m there for more than 1 hour, I’ll get at least 7 rare item drops and I’ve gotten 2 exotics from farming for about 2 hours. Add in the dragon bosses and you’ve got yourself over 11 rares and lots o money.

Make sure you’re level 80 before doing this tho, because you won’t get the nice tier 6 mats farming on a level 60

Was this before or after Magic Find was brought back to 30%?

Mine is up to 80+ (sadly, still not high enough without food) and I am not getting what you are in the champ train even with an 80…)

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I farm the orichalcum and ancient wood nodes on all 4 maps with my 3 80’s in 1:00h to 1:30h. Gives me 12-15 gold a day.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Grind. Grind a lot.

This is grind wars 2 after all. No skill involved, just RNG and monotonous grind. Skill with effort is not rewarded in this game at all. Anet agrees, just look at that new aether path in TA, it speaks for itself.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Champ farming on FGS..

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I do ori/ancient wood farming as some people have already explained. I have 8 level 80 chars, so one node gives me basically 24+ oris or ancient woods which currently is more than 1 gold.

I run dungeons when time permits. More because it’s fun but also because it is good money now (I was and am all for the reward changes). When I come back from word and am tired, I even go to Frostgorge Sound and farm champions, though I can’t do this for more than an hour due to growing annoyance. I never speculate on TP, I have enough work with numbers in my rl job.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I don’t make any gold. Well, maybe 10-20 gold per week.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Buy and sell stuff on the trader. Pretty much commodity speculation. Earned about 6000 gold that way since release.

Upside, it takes 15 minutes a day, max. So basically grind free but the downside is that you need to understand the basics of macro economics to do it.

Did i mention its fun as well.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Gathering, mainly, which actually is ‘farming’ to speak.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

1.) Frostgorge sound champ train. There are always people doing it, you can keep killing champs super fast and super easy until the point you would want to puke.

2.) Dungeons are decent, pick one, learn the mechanics and keep running it. Though I do it for the tokens.

3.) Save money by not buying stuff from listed prices on the trading post, always make customer offers and wait a bit – totally worth it.

banished from time and space

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

dungeons. 1-2 gold every 20 mins sounds good to me rather than the extremely boring champ farm.

Those who farm for gold are just shortening their overall time with the game. Once you have farmed all that gold up and bought what you wanted, what is there to do after? Start an alt and repeat the process? LOL

Don’t try to compete with others in how much gold you have. Guild Wars 2 will become a second job if you do. You are supposed to be immersed into the game, not downing a champion in less that 5 seconds then clicking a waypoint for hours on end.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Was this before or after Magic Find was brought back to 30%?

Mine is up to 80+ (sadly, still not high enough without food) and I am not getting what you are in the champ train even with an 80…)

This was before the patch and I literally had no magic find gear on. You’re right though…. after the patch I haven’t gotten nearly as many rares or exotics and my MF is up to 182%. RNG

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

No, just no.
The lame Queensdale train is only good for Karma, levelling and/or doing monthly events. If you are 80 and want to make gold, you should not be in this train, IMO. You should be in Frostgorge Sound. Both trains require as much effort as pushing 1, have the same amount of wp’s used and equal the same amount of fun as a grind train can offer. I don’t see why you would by choice run the less-profitable one. Much less recommend anyone else to, unless for the reasons above.

Do the Frostgorge Champ train if you want to make gold. It is always going on, on quite a few servers, if not your own. You get better mats more often, as all the champ bags are exotic. Queensdale ones are not. I’ve run both trains quite a bit, and the income from Frostgorge is noticably much more profitable.
Sell the mats you don’t need and roll in the gold.

(edited by MrRuin.9740)

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Gathering and selling vanilla beans and platinum ores (and also whatever other crafting materials that do not fit in collections).
There is the occasional dungeon run.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I think scientists have been trying to make gold for centuries now, but could never get it. It is an element, so it would take rearranging the atoms to get it, and would probably cost more to do that then what the gold can sell for.

=P

I just sell anything I do not want on the TP if it is higher than what the vendor will give me. I just play the game the way I normally do, and I always seem to have enough gold for what ever I want. Then again, I do not have expensive tastes, so that could make the difference.

How do u guys make gold?

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

cof 1-2
coe1-2-3
ta FF UP
AC 1-2-3
arah 1-2-3
SE 1-3

Pretty much this (might add CM p3 and Honor p1 if you need to pair farming with getting those tokens).

General dungeoneering got a very nice boost in profiting from the “rewards revamp” patch.

If you don’t have a team or time for DGs, some meta events are always a good way to make some cash/mat and spend some free time.

Ive done champ farming. Dungeons usually avg a higher and steadier income than champs. I’d include world bosses as well.