How do you feel about this update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lootylicious.8549

Lootylicious.8549

Is it just me , or are there other players who hate dungeons turned into same system like fracs? Its annoying and made the game in my opinion less fun..
grtz

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

How so? With the Waypoint change? I’m fine with it. I think it’s how it should have been.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

How much do i HATE it? Not at all.

Posted by: BlackestKnight.1278

BlackestKnight.1278

Is it just me , or are there other players who hate dungeons turned into same system like fracs? Its annoying and made the game in my opinion less fun..
grtz

The first time I played AC in Story mode and saw people actually resing and running back to continue the fight, I knew there was a major issue.

Encounters need to be finisheable without players dying and resing. Fractals were a breath of fresh air and now that it’s come to dungeons too, I hope we can finally learn the encounter mechanics and complete the encounters as they were meant to be done, not just bum-rushing the boss and dying 1000 times to mechanics we should know how to avoid.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I love the patch.
Only thing that still boggles my mind is amulets only available via laurels, and not fractals.

Other than that, this is EXACTLY what the game needed.
People in lots of zones new doing their dailys, getting map completions done, doing the living story.

Fantastic.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: sotose.4312

sotose.4312

It’s good that you don’t start this thread with a loaded question.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I’m not really sure what you said there … genuinely, I couldn’t make sense of it beyond “It’s annoying and made the game in my opinion less fun.” So although I can’t talk to the first part of your post, I heartily disagree with the second part; I’m really enjoying the recent update so far.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

cesmode.4257

grtz

The first time I played AC in Story mode and saw people actually resing and running back to continue the fight, I knew there was a major issue.

Encounters need to be finisheable without players dying and resing. Fractals were a breath of fresh air and now that it’s come to dungeons too, I hope we can finally learn the encounter mechanics and complete the encounters as they were meant to be done, not just bum-rushing the boss and dying 1000 times to mechanics we should know how to avoid.

I agree. Im astounded at how many work arounds and glitches people try to find. And now that their yellow-brick-road style of dungeons is gone, everyone is suddenly terrible at the game. Dungeons are impossible, people cannot do it, yadda yadda. AC is oso hard, omg..blah blah. whine whine.

My ultra casual guild went into AC on patch night, with one person never being there and I havent done the path since launch…we cleared it in 25 minutes, no deaths, no problems. Its how dungeons are supposed to be run folks.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Dungeon change was overdue, but will most likely require further encounter balancing and players to reconsider rebuilding for survivability and playing more supportive.
Explorable modes are supposed to be hard, and for the longest time, they weren’t.

Good change imo, nothing to hate there.

Lootylicious.8549

well tbh it seems im not the only one finding it kinda frustrating
i dont care about the glitches and such , but u need a party that is (well comminicated?) if thats how u spell it , its not fun if u dont have alot of time to clear dungeons and u cant run back to boss if u died to prevent him from resetting . AC is frustrating whene scavenger knocks u over so u cant get back up till someone revives u , or if your party is death … waiting of 5 minutes sometimes … thanks for responses and opinions btw , its fun being harder , but would have loved it another way
THNX!

Lootylicious.8549

Do you enjoy beating your wife, OP?

No that’s not a loaded question at all.

I think the new waypoint changes were necessary in order to create interesting boss fights.

enjoy beating up my wife?
what kind of sick person are you anyway?
this has nothing to do with the game lol

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The first time I was in a dungeon and died, I was asked to respawn and run back to the fight. I thought this was very wrong. It felt wrong too. Failing a fight must be an option. Otherwise all the fight is worth nothing.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Do you enjoy beating your wife, OP?

No that’s not a loaded question at all.

I think the new waypoint changes were necessary in order to create interesting boss fights.

enjoy beating up my wife?
what kind of sick person are you anyway?
this has nothing to do with the game lol

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/loadquekittenml

Duh cannot post the link because of the kitten filter

Google my question and open the first link you get if you didn’t get my point.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Haven’t tried it yet. I like the concept, depends on how well it is applied.

I love the concept, so long as the dungeons have been altered accordingly (which they seem to have been).

Stuff like “Protecting Nagg” (or what’s his name) in Citadel of Flame path 2 was just corpse running, which is neither fun or challenging… However if they haven’t changed the challenge to match the new parameters then it’s just impossible to complete now. Simple. Some of the old stuff was just corpse running… Worse, it required corpse running to be doable… If they changed that, which, again, they seem to have, I’m all for the new changes.

(edited by ProxyDamage.9826)

BlackestKnight.1278

My ultra casual guild went into AC on patch night, with one person never being there and I havent done the path since launch…we cleared it in 25 minutes, no deaths, no problems. Its how dungeons are supposed to be run folks.

If anything, it’s the opposite. Res-rushing bosses, basically a “no risk” scenario, was less fun to me. Learning mechanics, learning how to defeat them not through standing on rocks or learning the best way to run back uncleared trash from the Waypoint but through understanding the boss and how your class skills can help kill it is how the game should be.

Otherwise, what’s the point of playing a MMORPG where strategy, gearing and thoughtful use of abilities are the key fun-factors, but you don’t use them because you can just res-DPS-die-res-DPS-die your way to tokens.

At least now there will be a satisfaction in completing content. We used to call it progression and then farming. That first time you downed a boss with complex mechanics where every player understood how to play their class to get the job, that is such a rush and a feeling of satisfaction. Something that was missing from Dungeons in GW2 until this patch (and THANK YOU for all the Fractal fixes! No more “Lava bath Grawl” or “Tree branch Mossman!”).

Even though I hated WoW at the end and the reason I quit were entirely because of Raiding, Raiding guilds, I have to admit that is one part I miss from that game. Learning encounters and carrying them out, learning how to improvise to stay alive and turn a dire situation into a win through class mechanic knowledge, etc..

No “res-rushing” crap till its dead.

cesmode.4257

i dont care about the glitches and such , but u need a party that is (well comminicated?)

Do not. Don’t even need to say a word to anyone. After 5 months, you know the fight.

The people here whining on the forums are the people that are dungeon experienced. You have no excuse for dying constantly.

If someone is new, explain the fight to them. Quit being elitists.

cesmode.4257

@blackestknight

I hope youre agreeing with me Thats how I feel.

BlackestKnight.1278

@blackestknight

I hope youre agreeing with me Thats how I feel.

Absolutely 100%! I was just putting a bit more weight behind you

Lootylicious.8549

i dont care about the glitches and such , but u need a party that is (well comminicated?)

Do not. Don’t even need to say a word to anyone. After 5 months, you know the fight.

The people here whining on the forums are the people that are dungeon experienced. You have no excuse for dying constantly.

uurrg you dont get it , sometimes theres a person in your party who doesnt speak english or any other language i know , how will u explain it thene ?
or have u never encountered a party with a player that you cant communicate with?

cesmode.4257

uurrg you dont get it , sometimes theres a person in your party who doesnt speak english or any other language i know , how will u explain it thene ?
or have u never encountered a party with a player that you cant communicate with?

The most rare ocassion. Ive never been in a party on an NA server where someone hasn’t spoken english. It is an NA server after all(if you are indeed on an NA server)

Seriously…you cant expect every possible scenario to be accounted for. Think realistically.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

AC is fine with the change other than I don’t think anyone will do Kohler anymore until that fight is tuned a bit. There are some dungeons that will have to be re-tuned or no one will do them, especially CM path2 and some of the other runs that are way over tuned. I am not talking about bosses, they are for the most part easy, there are some spots on some of these dungeons where the trash is just rediculous.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I usually avoided dungeons because people would choose to avoid the “trash” mobs and then expect you to “suicide” at certain places or do the die/res thing. For a lot of it I blame how the dungeons were designed. Often times I would ALWAYS be public enemy number one and be downed so quick it was not funny and I don’t use MF gear either I am built for survival. It was no fun being the target of 8-10+ mobs who ALL seemed to have the power/hp of a vet I can tell you. So unless these fixes address that I won’t be totally happy with this update but by the sounds of things they have got it right.

Sorry but I just can’t see how anyone can not be happy with this update. I can’t understand why people would want to pay more for repairs and face the shame of “dying”………….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

what is bad:
They put this system without tuning 85% of dungeons.

What is good:
those 15% works better….

Ex: hotw1 is fun

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

So far the patch gets a thumbs up from me.

The no res rushing is a good thing. It may be painful in the beginning but will really make it easier for developers to tune properly. Res rushing simply papered over the cracks. If the majority of people really cannot progress past a certain point in a dungeon they will now have to tune the dungeon appropriately (because people will contantly flag it up), whereas with res rushing people would just finish it up and pay the repair bill and it could go unnoticed that the difficulty is too high for most.

If that makes sense.

Lootylicious.8549

The most rare ocassion. Ive never been in a party on an NA server where someone hasn’t spoken english. It is an NA server after all(if you are indeed on an NA server)

Seriously…you cant expect every possible scenario to be accounted for. Think realistically.

im on european server…

Lootylicious.8549

AC is fine with the change other than I don’t think anyone will do Kohler anymore until that fight is tuned a bit. There are some dungeons that will have to be re-tuned or no one will do them, especially CM path2 and some of the other runs that are way over tuned. I am not talking about bosses, they are for the most part easy, there are some spots on some of these dungeons where the trash is just rediculous.

HAHA you still can use the troll bonus event on kholer tho =P

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

love it but in fifteen letters.

edit:

for cats and kittens sake, add cleric stats on ascended gear!

Ruprect.7260

HAHA you still can use the troll bonus event on kholer tho =P

Ya but I have only gotten the troll about 2 of the last 10 times in there. But yea if the troll pops we always do Kohler. It isn’t that bad of a fight they just need to tune his HP’s a bit. Most people just skip it because it takes so long, I think by now most ppl can avoid his big attack. I think one shot mechanics are dumb especially with the change but I guess that is how they tried to make it hard, it is an eas yfight without that.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

BlackestKnight.1278

AC is fine with the change other than I don’t think anyone will do Kohler anymore until that fight is tuned a bit.

Kholer never even required a run back before this was implemented.

Even if the players in your party are too brain dead to notice the 3 seconds of yellow glowing “OMG I’M ABOUT TO PULL YOU IN” to dodge in time, it rarely kills anyone outright, it just puts them in a down state in which people can just res them back up.

And it’s infrequent enough that “down sickness” shouldn’t be more than in the “gray”, so you’ll have plenty of HP when you get up.

Kholer is easy mode, except for the people who don’t res and don’t know what Dodge means.

Ruprect.7260

AC is fine with the change other than I don’t think anyone will do Kohler anymore until that fight is tuned a bit.

Kholer never even required a run back before this was implemented.

Even if the players in your party are too brain dead to notice the 3 seconds of yellow glowing “OMG I’M ABOUT TO PULL YOU IN” to dodge in time, it rarely kills anyone outright, it just puts them in a down state in which people can just res them back up.

And it’s infrequent enough that “down sickness” shouldn’t be more than in the “gray”, so you’ll have plenty of HP when you get up.

Kholer is easy mode, except for the people who don’t res and don’t know what Dodge means.

I agree I dont think it’s a hard fight just a really long one. Unfortunately in PuGs more often than not there are numerous ppl that cannot handle dodging anything lol. I don’t really pug anymore so meh.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Pretty much, if your party doesn’t do kholer because of this then you’re bad and you should feel bad.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Ruprect.7260

Pretty much, if your party doesn’t do kholer because of this then you’re bad and you should feel bad.

I dont think they feel bad, that is what is anooying about it and why I don’t PuG anymore. Especially with the new change to the WP’s.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

BlackestKnight.1278

I agree I dont think it’s a hard fight just a really long one. Unfortunately in PuGs more often than not there are numerous ppl that cannot handle dodging anything lol. I don’t really pug anymore so meh.

It’s long usually through sheer lack of DPS. People running AC Exp don’t usually sport the best of the best in DPS builds or even know how to maximize their DPS to that fight.

But it was long before this patch, this patch didn’t make it any longer really, so that topic is best discussed elsewhere.

Anyway, there is a front page news post about Robert looking into health values for mobs in Dungeons and more tuning coming as we go forward. I’ll just be happy when people stop skipping everything and stop exploiting everything so that dungeons can be as fun as that other game, rather than mindless “RUN!” zergs.

Ruprect.7260

It’s long usually through sheer lack of DPS. People running AC Exp don’t usually sport the best of the best in DPS builds or even know how to maximize their DPS to that fight.

But it was long before this patch, this patch didn’t make it any longer really, so that topic is best discussed elsewhere.

Anyway, there is a front page news post about Robert looking into health values for mobs in Dungeons and more tuning coming as we go forward. I’ll just be happy when people stop skipping everything and stop exploiting everything so that dungeons can be as fun as that other game, rather than mindless “RUN!” zergs.

That is awsome news. Like I said most of the issues I have are with the trash mobs, the bosses are all pretty easy. There are some spots where the trash is near impossible without dying numerous times. I would also like to stop skipping a lot of the trash as most of them drop good crafting mats.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I kind of like it. I’m hoping that the new functionality leads to more interesting encounters in the future as opposed to “make something super hard and people just keep rezing”. For instance I think CoF path 2 is more interesting now after changing the part before the boss.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Still far too easymode this way.
GW1 death penalty mechanic needs to make a return.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I don’t like it one bit. Not until I see dungeons reworked with this system.
Oh look, two people died so now wipe and go back because the mobs won’t let you ress your friends without dying.
It’s not like fractals, fracts were intended to work with this system so they’re balanced. The vast majority of the dungeons however are still tuned on the old system. The only thing that was drastically changed for this was the “Defend Magg as he plants the exlplosives” in CoF path 2.

Changing this should have been the last of the changes to do on this matter.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

Posted by: Girlsgonewow.1032

Girlsgonewow.1032

I don’t hate it.

“Come, my friends.
’Tis is not too late to seek a newer world.”
-“Ulysses”, by Alred, Lord Tennyson

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I do a lot of fractals so I have no issues with this change. Now we can finally separate the boys from the men.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Absolutely love it. Now if someone goes down, we have to acutally work towards getting them up instead of just telling them to WP rush.

Never been more glad for search and rescue and spirit of nature.

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

I’d have to agree with OP. This turned into an instanced dungeon grind game which is what I hate most in a MMO. I like having extra stuff to do but limiting me to do 1 daily and 1 monthly isn’t going to work. For one, I know a lot of players including me hates dungeons so we aren’t going to do the monthly. Yet the monthly is worth 10 laurels which is quite a ridiculous amount, that is 10 dailys worth. I know you guys are gonna be like “then don’t do the monthly” BUT that isn’t my point.

My point is you should have MULTIPLE WAYS to achieve laurels. Not everyone has fun the same way. I don’t mind taking 15 minutes to do daily but forcing me to do dungeons is kitten I’d rather be pvping and having fun while I improve my gear, not grinding inside dungeons like a chore. Imo, you should somehow incorporate earning laurels in WvWvW. PvPers gets to improve their PvE gear (since you pvp in your PvE gear in WvWvW) while they actually get to have FUN.