How do you get to Elonia?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amir.7152

Amir.7152

Hello! I’m a bit confused about the entire free weekend ordeal… If I may kindly ask for some helpful direction from the community on how you get your character to Elonia or Crystal Oasis map. It’s 11 of august and I logged into my account, expecting to have some info on where to go… but nothing so far.

What am I missing here…?

Thank you in advance for any assistants you might provide!

(edited by Amir.7152)

Posted by: Sadismo.7508

Sadismo.7508

When the beta event starts later today, you will be able to begin the first chapter of Pof story, that will lead you to the new map. Hope this helps.

Posted by: bigchunk.5190

bigchunk.5190

The question everyone is asking is can we do it on an existing character or will we have to create an entirely new character on a test server?

Posted by: Taberis.8341

Taberis.8341

Apparently there is a new air ship that appeared in Lions Arch that people are guessing is going to be our way into the new zone. Either that or the locked gate at Ebonhawke.

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

You can use your existing character on your current server

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Posted by: Sadismo.7508

Sadismo.7508

either this, but no progression would be saved; or you will have to create a new beta character (like in HoT) and get a boost to 80 with each one you make, still no progression and they are deleted after the beta ends.
I think the second option is the more likely.

Posted by: Amir.7152

Amir.7152

Cheers for the response!

Posted by: Redden.5869

Redden.5869

either this, but no progression would be saved; or you will have to create a new beta character (like in HoT) and get a boost to 80 with each one you make, still no progression and they are deleted after the beta ends.
I think the second option is the more likely.

Then is it pointless to unlock the mount since everything is going to be deleted? Or will we be able to keep it and use it after the event ends?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You won’t be able to keep anything – mounts, masteries, XP, gold, items etc. that you get during the beta. It will all be wiped at the end of the weekend.

The purpose isn’t to give people a headstart on completing PoF but to test it (hence, beta test). So the point of unlocking mounts is to make sure unlocking them works and you like how it’s done. If you’re not happy about anything now is the time to let Anet know because it’s much easier for them to change things before release.

(That’s also why everything is wiped – so they can make changes without either giving people who played the beta an unfair advantage because it was easier or putting them at a disadvantage because it’s more complicated or bugged. In the worst case scenario it’s possible we’ll uncover something which completely breaks part of the game – would you really want your character to be forever unable to complete the story because they started on an unfinished version that was being tested?)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Apparently there is a new air ship that appeared in Lions Arch that people are guessing is going to be our way into the new zone. Either that or the locked gate at Ebonhawke.

It, unfortunately, has been confirmed (see WP’s videos about the expansion) we won’t be using the gate, at least in the story… Though I personally really hope they open up the gate as an alternate way in. Then again, they didn’t do that for Siren’s Landing either (other team, but still)

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

The region is called ELONA, btw.

Not Elonia.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

With everything that appears to be happening in Elona, it makes sense that the Queen and the people of Ebonhawke would want that gate to remain very firmly closed.

Maybe in LS Season 4 we’ll see a map that takes us right to the other side of the gate, and it finally opening. Well… it may look open on the Elonan side, but I’m sure it will still look closed on the Ebonhawke side so that people without the expansion don’t wonder why they can’t walk through an open door.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Redden.5869

Redden.5869

You won’t be able to keep anything – mounts, masteries, XP, gold, items etc. that you get during the beta. It will all be wiped at the end of the weekend.

The purpose isn’t to give people a headstart on completing PoF but to test it (hence, beta test). So the point of unlocking mounts is to make sure unlocking them works and you like how it’s done. If you’re not happy about anything now is the time to let Anet know because it’s much easier for them to change things before release.

(That’s also why everything is wiped – so they can make changes without either giving people who played the beta an unfair advantage because it was easier or putting them at a disadvantage because it’s more complicated or bugged. In the worst case scenario it’s possible we’ll uncover something which completely breaks part of the game – would you really want your character to be forever unable to complete the story because they started on an unfinished version that was being tested?)

I know what a beta is, there is no need to treat me like a moron..but they advertised it as a preview where you can play the first map and unlock the mount..that’s why I asked, check the launcher and click on the link, they didn’t write beta test event anywhere..so no, it’s not about me wanting an advantage or be unfair to other players or other kitten you wrote..it’s about bad advertisement on their part.

Also if you think they are going to change something a month before the release because you don’t like it, you are really naive..this is not about testing either, it’s about advertisement and sell more copies..otherwise you would be able to test all the ontent not just the first map, but they have they own testers for that.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

this is not about testing either, it’s about advertisement and sell more copies..otherwise you would be able to test all the ontent not just the first map, but they have they own testers for that.

There’s one test their testers have not been able to perform. A stress test. That’s what this is, as well as an advertisement.

Next weekend is the PvP and WvW stress test.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

this is not about testing either, it’s about advertisement and sell more copies..otherwise you would be able to test all the ontent not just the first map, but they have they own testers for that.

There’s one test their testers have not been able to perform. A stress test. That’s what this is, as well as an advertisement.

Next weekend is the PvP and WvW stress test.

Yep.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

To join the Path of Fire Preview, log in and create a new demo character!

If you currently are in the game, please log out to get to the character select screen, at which time you can make your preview character.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Elonia…….. That made my guild wars heart cry a little.

Posted by: Tauriel.6479

Tauriel.6479

Hi, I am confused I keep logging in expecting to see a beta or demo slot to use, but nothing so far. Am I missing something?
I pre-purchased the exp. and made a toon but just regular story, nothing different. could I get some direction I would love to play.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Elonia…….. That made my guild wars heart cry a little.

To be fair, one of the devs in the PoF presentation even said “Elonan.” :p

Reminds me of how even Anet can’t seem to decide if the correct adjective form of “Ascalon” is “Ascalonian,” “Ascalonan” or simply “Ascalon.”

Oh, and also how, way back in GW1, the voice actor for confessor Dorian couldn’t pronounce “Justiciar” (as in “Justiciar Hablion.”) He said “justicar.” I believe it’s pronounced “just-i-sher” or “just-i-see-er.”

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.