How do you get your achievements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elexa.3478

Elexa.3478

So, I’m just interested, after a long run as a player of gw2… I’ve been in, like, hundreds of guilds and they all have one thing in common. They suck… but also I just don’t see the way to get things done with guildies. Is it me and my communication skills or something else?… I have no idea. I have like half of achievements still untouched and playing alone does not seem to bring me any. I’m just trying to move things ahead, especially with my personal story achievements, but it just seems impossible to do some things with others… either they leave the party because they get frustrated or they “have to go” because right before we enter the dungeoun or story chapter… “something comes up”. It seems to me that I always encounter idiots and it’s always the same. I don’t have anyone from real life who play this game, so is that your way of progressing in game? or you have a reaaally helpful guild or sth? Idk, this is just a rant I guess. Meh.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I play the game and complete achievements

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

A lot of achievements can be accomplished solo, but a guild is helpful for the rest. There are tons of guilds that don’t suck. Mine (XHSA) is currently recruiting, and very helpful.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor/XHSA-NA-Looking-for-returning-players/first

“Something comes up” sometimes, even in the most helpful group of people, so don’t expect that to never happen. The majority of the time though, it doesn’t.

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

i don’t since the switch to this new daily system.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I think the problem with guilds these days is that if nothing is happening people just swap to another one of their account guilds. This lessens the experience of having a guild in the first place for me.

It’s a bad thing to say really but I always expect to play “down” when I group up with people. I don’t expect the rest of my team to be very good they are there enjoying the game with me though and then I enjoy it too. But if I expect people to play as well as I do when they probably don’t play nearly as much as me then that’s not fair on them.

I think the point really is that achievements are something you get as a result of doing something else.
What I mean by this is if you are going to do a dungeon with a group of pugs or friends/guildies then look at what achievements you can progress while in that dungeon.

Weapon Master
Dungeoneer

Or by extension-

What can I spend the gold I get from this dungeon on?

Collections –
Exotic Hunter
Ascended Crafter

—Then you have the specific area/boss achievements and PvP ones.

PvP is mostly a solo progression anyway unless you have a group that wants to pvp a lot.
The rest tend to be just find people on the map that want to do the same things as you. Eventually you’ll get them done.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

I have done majority of AP solo. Being in a guild doesn’t necessarily mean getting AP easier/faster. You can always ask in map/say/guild chat : how to…, I need help with…, and you would usually get a positive response and maybe some that will help. An example. A guildie asked about how to get AP since he needed about 100 for his next AP chest. He got some responses. I said JPs. He said he hatred JPs. So I jumped on my mes, took him to like 9 and bam.

But here’s some examples of AP that can be soloed or grouped.

Look at what is on, ie festivals and current LS always had a bunch. Always lots of guides out there if you get stuck.
Go do past LS, tons of AP, rewards are meh mostly but have ascended.
Look at Weapon and Slayer cheeves. Combine them.
JPs, explorer, dive goggles.
Crafting : can be harder if gold is an issue
Dungeons. Helped quite a few get their Dungeon Master. Try gold guild/lfg.
fractals : same as dungeons, lfg. Maybe say I want this or that cheeve. Setting own lfg means party members should be on same goals or will help. (Not always tho)
Collections. Some are only for end game collectors with lots of gold or completionists. But most are achievable.
That’s all I can think of (in my lunch break)

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness