Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Choose them in your personal story.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

How do you go with the Vigil faction?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ChanceHDD.4196

ChanceHDD.4196

Can you still have them if you’ve done order of whispers quests?

Kumu Honua.2751

Nope. You chose whispers instead.

They have mentioned that they want to add a way to switch, but currently there is not.

Posted by: ChanceHDD.4196

ChanceHDD.4196

Nope. You chose whispers instead.

They have mentioned that they want to add a way to switch, but currently there is not.

Wait i’m only level 23? I already chose them I’ve only done quests that it says go with vigil to help …. or order of whispers ….

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

If you listen to the dialogue in your Personal Story, they tell you when it will be a permanent decision on what order you choose.

You do a few missions with them randomly to get a taste of what they each do and how they work, then after all that, you finally have to make a choice. They tell you straight up that the choice is permanent, so choose wisely.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

You haven’t chosen yet. In the 21-30 quest arc, you are meeting the orders and seeing what they’re like. There will be a quest where you can help Vigil or Whispers, one with Vigil or Priory, and one with Priory or Whispers. At the end of the quest arc, you will be asked to make your decision of which order you wish to actually join.

Be careful: When that time comes, choosing the applicable dialog option (has the yellow-triangle “branch” icon) will finalize your decision. No “are you sure” confirmation to let you back out. I had a friend misclick when asking for info about the orders (mouse slipped, clicking the “join” line when he wanted to click the “ask about group” line), and he was locked into a path other than the one he wanted.

So it’s not just permanent (as said above), but it’s also a one-click process.

In pre-release information provided by Arenanet, they did say they would have an option to change, but it would be a difficult process as they intend the choices you make to be meaningful. However, that was a good couple years before release, and they may have found it to not be easy to solve that (as it stands now, they’d have to somehow find a way to change orders that has initiation quests other than the storyline ones, since you are obviously going to be past that point in the story), or simply decided that it should be permanent.

Kumu Honua.2751

Doh, you said you did the order of whisper quests. I thought you meant that you had chosen them. Which you can’t change. You didn’t get that far yet at 23.