How do you view other professions???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PsiKobe.1593

PsiKobe.1593

This is my first forum topic, so I apologize if I’ve posted this in the wrong forum or done something wrong.

Just a bit ago, I decided to browse each of the profession focused forums, and see what kind of stuff they talk about. I play elementalist the most, so I guess I view everything closer to how the general population of elementalists view things( i’m not very good, so i just kinda agree with other ele’s). So anyways, it would be nice to see how everyone else sees everyone else. It’d be cool if you could put your main profession(s) and then describe how you see other classes, or things about the people that play those classes that you’ve noticed.

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I’m a Mesmer, and see myself as a bit of an all-rounder. Meaning I can go close combat with swords, ranged with scepters and staves, support people, use crowd control and so on. Quite handy.

As for other classes, I have mixed feelings for some of them:

1. Warrior/Guardian: Usually annoying as heck, always running all over the place and being all tough and stuff. I’m too lazy for that, hehe. Can be fun to have a living shield, but sometimes, I do feel a bit weak compared to them. I don’t like feeling weak, so I go solo. Hehe.

2. Elementalist and Necros: Wants to be Mesmers, but don’t have the mesmer-izing good looks. (yeah, I said that… hehe.) Elementalists and Necros are discount Mesmers. So pointless.

3. Rangers: Pokemon champions in denial. Gotta catch all the animals, and all that. Or thieves that don’t dare go anywhere without their pet bodyguard.

4. Thieves: Stole my wallet. ’nough said.

5. Engineers: Don’t they have a lab to blow up, or something?

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

How I view other professions as a Necromancer main, from a WvW roaming perspective:
Thief:
Condition? Equip Plague Signet, AA them a bunch, let conditions stack, Doom (fear) activate Plague Sig (send all conditions back to target), Reaper’s Mark (fear) lol as they melt.
D/D? Mad props, D/D takes discipline to play. High damage, fun to fight, can be extremely irritating if there are other targets nearby for them to restealth on.
S/D, I hate them but I also understand it takes some patience to play. Not extremely difficult but not easy either. Just STAY STILL.
D/P are all the same. Drop Black Powder, get feared before they can leap through for stealth, RIP.

Elementalist:
D/D annoying as hell. I know you think you’re all that versus most other builds but all I need is half a second to lock you down and you’re toast.
S/F, scary, high damage, still not really a problem in most cases but the good ones are rough.
Staff, RIP.
Condition Ele… Lol. Perplex ones are REALLY crappy to fight but not hard… Annoying, not hard. If I can send that Confusion back their way when they’re not in Water they’re toast.

Engineer:
Condition, not a problem. Watch out for Crate, don’t eat too much Confusion and wait for the boons to stack before stripping them all at once.
Power, also not a problem. Fortunately Engineers are generally weak versus Necro.
SD well… If they catch me off guard I’m dead. If I’m prepared for them usually not much of a problem but they can be scary sometimes.

Warrior:
Mace/x Hammer, I’m done. There is almost nothing I can do. Fortunately they’re rare.
GS S/W soldier’s zerging build can be very hard at times. You wouldn’t think they’d do well apart from the zerg but all those cleanses and the generally high durability make them a chore to bring down if they play their build right.
GS A/Sh berserker, lol. If I fight them on any of my other char’s they can be very scary but on my Necro it’s almost an insta-win unless they really know how to play the fight.
Condition Warrior’s, about the same as Necro versus any condition build. Don’t panic, manage the conditions and when they drop a burst on you send it all back to them and top it off with a fear.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Guardian:
Anything but Medi-Guard is RIP. Never in my 4k hours in WvW have I found a Guard that was difficult to fight outside of decent Medi-Guards.

Mesmer:
Lockdown, I’m dead. Unless they’re bad or I’m really in the zone I’m SOL. Lockdown is the hardest counter to Necro in the game.
Condi, lol. Sometimes they can be rough if they’re particularly tanky but generally not too bad.
Shatter, I don’t know much about Mesmer as it’s the profession I’ve played the least of. I do know however that setting up good shatters takes practice and I respect skill. I don’t know how they work but I do know Shatter can be scary. If I see one I’m immediately defensive.

Ranger:
Longbow GS is utter sh_t if they catch me off guard. Not much I can do other than run in a straight line away from them with Spectral Walk active and hope they’re stupid enough to chase me, activate Spectral Recall, appear directly behind them and they’re RIP.
~ Survival Ranger is a great build and one of, if not the strongest dueling builds in the game if played properly. A good one can make for a very long fight but thanks to the natural tankyness of a Necro and it’s great condition management Survival builds aren’t usually too rough.
Trappers, I also main one and I know all you really have to do is wait for them to get spammy with their traps, count their evades, then burst them down.

Necromancer:
Conditionmancers rarely give me a problem. Given I’ve mained one for nearly 2 years I know all their tricks. Unless they catch me off guard or they spend too much time in Death Shroud, I can dispose of them rather quickly.
Spectral builds can be rough due to the high sustainability. I often run triple Spectrals myself it’s hard to find a good time to attack. As long as they’re green and glowy you can’t attack too much or you’ll just feed their Life Force and the fight will never end. It can be a really fun fight though having to pay such close attention to when to and not to attack.
Powermancers aren’t usually too bad and I respect the patience they take to play. Powermancer is far from difficult, it is incredibly easy. However it is also very punishing so I know a half decent Powermancer will know their limits. If you play some mind games with them they’re usually butter.
Minionmancers I don’t have much experience against nor playing myself as they’re generally quite scarce especially in the roaming scene. Basically though just kite away from the minions, watch out for Golem charge, kill the Blood Fiend if you’re able and that’s pretty much the end of that.
Terrormancers are… Well Necro doesn’t have really any “OP” builds thanks to being the weakest profession. But Terrormancer is about as close as you’ll get. They’re one trick ponies, sure, but those fears hurt like a bi_ch and last for a fort night. They’re not too hard to fight but they can certainly be painful if you’re clumsy. I don’t respect this build at all however just because I find it lame as hell but to each their own.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

As I Thief, I view other Classes liek this:

Rangers: Overpowered walking Gatling Guns, especially when paired together with Greatswords and a CC pet on their Side that revives them way too good when downed, especially underwater.

Warriors: Overpowered Perma Health Regenerators that are way too good in fleeing like a lightning fast marathon runner in their HEAVY ARMORS. Enough said.

Guardians: Overpowered Bunkers

Elementalists: Super Overpowered Bunkers which are able to deal way too much Damage therefore that their main goal as Bunker is to survive as a high defensive build, but they are still under that build able to dish out tremendous damage, have way too good condie cleanse, cc especially and can rotate their crap basically nonstant, because attunements can be changed way too fast. Exhaustion needs to return to put Elementalists back in line and make them think first, when they shoudl change Elements. this attunement spam needs to get stopped. positioning and Tactical Attunement Changing, thats what this class needs and not Attnumene Elemental Cycle Spamming by beign super tanky bunkers also at the same time.
And if they shoudl be able to switch so fast between elements, then they shouldt be able to be su super tanky anymore. Eles need to decide between beign slower and supoer tanky, or being very versatile and quick in elemental switching, but beign therefore not super tanky anymore at the SAME TIME.

Engineers: Way to overpowered Condition/CC Spammers in 1v1 situations. Absolutely annoying with tons of Turrets at the same tome

Necromancers: Overpowered Condition Spammers in 1v1 situations.

Mesmers: Overpowered Condition Spammers in 1v1 situatuations, Overpowered Greatsword Skill/Damage/Range/Phantasms

Thieves: Annoying to fight agaisnt as peep when you are self a thief, far more annoying, than when you fight as a different profession agaisnt them. Especiaslyl when both use the same builds …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This is the first MMO where I honestly have enjoyed playing all the professions. Usually there is a class or two in an MMO that you don’t really care for. Not so for me with this game. Most of the time I don’t even identify with having a main.

That being said, Elementalist is by far the most versatile profession in the game. It’s not even a contest.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Genbu.1705

Genbu.1705

I main a thief but I do have a lvl80 charactere of every class and I try to give some love to all of them. I play PvE (dungeons) and WvW (roaming) so I’m going to write how I feel about the classes in both gamemodes.

Some of these are rather stupid / childish / not based on much, so I hope people don’t take this seriously!

1. Warriors
PvE – A bit slow and think too highly of themselves. Warrior best dps in game! 4 warriors + mesmer ftw. Still, I don’t mind having 2-3 of them in the pugs I run with.
WvW – Easy kill

2. Guardians
PvE – Angels sent from the heaven. The friendlier versions of warriors
WvW – Nice opponents. All those blocks and invulnerability though…

3. Thieves
PvE – My rivals. I have to do and look better than them. I secretly hope they make some mistakes so I would be the good one in the party
WvW – I love fighting other thieves. Especially if they are running a build similar to mine. I do hate shadow refuge though. I’m so annoyed by it I don’t ever have it on my skillbar.

4. Engineers
PvE – I always cheer for the engi when I get one in my party. I know their potential and it makes me super happy to see a good engi in action. Engineers are the funniest players!
WvW – Too much stuff flying at my face. Explosions everywhere. Engineers are probably the ones that kill me the most, and I respect them greatly.

5. Rangers
PvE – Despite my dislike towards rangers, I do respect skilled and smart rangers. I’ve run a few dungeon paths with my ranger just to see how it is, and I found myself jumping and running all over the place with the sword and forgetting all about my pet. The poor thing. I was so bad someone in my group actually asked if I had bought my account. At least I didn’t use lb 4 to push mobs away from the aoe!
WvW – I hate them so much (well, to be precise I hate the lb power build but that’s what most rangers I see running anyway). Fighting them is fine, but the amount of times I’ve had a nice fight with someone, and suddenly I got a gazillion arrows in my back, is too kitten high! So many rage quits caused by a ranger

6. Necromancers
PvE – Everyone knows necromancers are not in the top 5 for dungeons. But I don’t mind having one in my party. To me, necromancers seem to be the least arrogant and annoying players. I often feel bad for them for getting the short end when it comes to dungeons and I wish they get some major buffs to make them more popular!
WvW – They scare the kitten out of me. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a condi or power build, I’m terrified when I see one. I do like the stolen skill I get from them.

7. Elementalists
PvE – Too many eles don’t bother stacking might. Or even give a fire field before the boss so the rest of us could blast it! 95% of the time they won’t give the field until there is a light or smoke field under it.
WvW – I don’t really have an opinion of them in wvw. They’re cool I guess

8. Mesmers
PvE – I like mesmers. Some of them just have some difficulties understanding when to place the feedback bubble. I have two hints for when NOT to use it: 1) when there is no projectiles 2) when someone else already has projectile defense up. This works for every class that has projectile blocks of course.
WvW – As a thief I find mesmers very fun and interesting. In a way we are quite similar with all the stealth, deception and mind games but on the other hand we are very different.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Well as a Ranger i pretty much have this mentality

not the same game but most of it fits lol

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

In general I enjoy seeing guards, wars, eles, and mesmers in my content. I like engies as well in pvp and don’t mind 1 thief, ranger, or necro on my team. Any more than 2 of those classes in pvp makes me cringe. In PvE group content I cringe at the sight of necros, engies, and rangers even though I have 2 of each myself. I simply don’t use them for PvE group content b/c they are mostly inferior to other classes that I can play.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I assume you mean like, my feels when I fight them…

As a tankier variant of the lb/gs ranger build, playing mostly wvw and pvp

Warrior – Kinda annoying, because generally the fight just lasts until someone else joins. they can’t effectively burst me down, but they have so much health/regen that it makes it hard for me to kill them too.

Guardian – Generally it’s either a free kill, or I can’t get them below 80%. the latter is extremely frustrating because I don’t really understand what I’m doing wrong (or what they’re doing right)

Thief – Usually pretty fun fights until they run away. In the long run though, I think I have the advantage. I CC them, burst them through stealth, and mainly just keep the pressure on them until they die or run away

Rangers – Mostly annoy the heck out of me, amusingly. In a duel, I can beat, or be even with most (never really had a ranger that absolutely wrecked me) but in teamfights, it’s difficult if them and one other person decides to focus me down.

Engineer – Very frustrating. They seem to have really good healing and tanking which surpasses my ability to dps them. but if we’re in an open area (e.g. in wvw) I can get an advantage by kiting them a lot. unfortunately, in spvp, I just have to take their grenades and turrets to the face a lot

Necro – Condi necros feel fairly easy to me. just kite, burst, and save my 5 condi clears for the right moments. Power necros though, can be really frustrating. if I’m in an open field I can kite them, but in spvp, they generally always beat me. also lich form is hella annoying.

Mesmer – same as most of the above. in tight quarters, they CC and burst me like every 10 seconds which sucks. in open field though, I can kite them fairly well.

Elementalist – staff ele = free kill for the most part. d/d ele = out regen everything i do until I die or someone else joins the fight

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

From the viewpoint of my main, a Hammer Guardian spending most of the time in overland PVE:

Warriors: Brothers in arms. We often shout at each other, but somehow it helps us work together.

Thieves: They whirl around for a while, then I pick them off the floor to whirl around some more.

Necromancers: They rarely ever need any help, they heal themselves faster than I do.

Rangers: Arrows whizzing from somewhere far away. I’m much better acquainted with their zoos. What would those animals do without me?

Engineers: Bullets whizzing from somewhere far away.

Mesmers: Purple bolts whizzwhizzwhizzing from somewhere far away.

Elementalists: Fireballs whizzing from somewhere far away. Unless they use daggers, in which case they steamroll over everything and make me feel useless.

P.S. Don’t take this seriously, just poking fun.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

-snip-

lol, now I can’t help but to think the engineer sees things through the eyes of a tf2 pyro.

I wonder if all the classes see different things like that.. :P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I have them all capped. You can guess my fav…

Thief – GOD
Warrior – eh god like
Guard – sort of a god-like angel
Ele – a vision of god
Engi – hand of god
Mesmer – demigod
Nec – godless imp like creature
Rng – mangy dog (unless equipped with something other than an LB )

Fits perspective from a thief anyway. Generally my priority list when spam hitting ‘invite to party’ in openworld.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Posted by: Fabs.3764

Fabs.3764

Warriors are for the typical angry video kid nerds who just randomly hang around with their greatswords thinking they look fabulous but they look like the most common player ever who is new to mmorpgs in general and are far away from being unique.

Necromancers are weaklings who hide behind their hundred summons praying for them to kill the target without lifting a finger.

Rangers should focus on the career of being a veterinary for wild animals or just work in the zoo, they also belong to the zoo together with their pets because they’re are only that smart.

Thieves are the cowards of the game hiding themselves, either because they’re too weak to face someone like a man, face-to-face or either because they’re so ugly they decided to remove their ugly face from the world.

Elementalists with staff/scepter are for noobs who just wanna spam the fire type skills acting like keyboard warriors pressing everywhere randomly, while staying far away and getting the job all done with no effort. Unless you’re a D/D like me which takes lots of skill, moving around, switching elements all the time depending on the situation.

Engineers are a profession that I would never pick because the whole class is just a mess up with their flamethrowers and turrets? no, it doesn’t appeal to me at all, it’s just ordinary and simple, nothing special.

Guardians are just like farts, they stink and are best out of my way.

Don’t take it to heart, I’m just bored.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I main a Necro in PvP and alternate between Necro and Warrior in PvE.

My thoughts as a PvP Necro:
Warriors: Fairly easy to deal with, just kite them all day until they blow Berserker Stance, then tank with Death Shroud. They look impressive but kind of aren’t.

Guardian: Bleeding kittens these guys are annoying to kill if I don’t hit them with Corrupt Boon. If I miss CB, I’ll just go find another point and not waste my time on them. Not terribly threatening, though. If I’m not in danger of losing, I’ll take the ten minutes to duel them.

Engineer: Full disclosure, I haven’t played PvP since the turret nerf. But before they got nerfed, whenever I saw one, I’d just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Thief: Am I currently fighting someone else? If Yes: at least I do a lot of damage while downed, until they stomp me from stealth. If No: I’ll fear them to let them know they should just run away, and if they don’t, I’ll just let them slowly bleed to death while they’re downed because they can’t hurt me.

Ranger: On the rare occasion I fight one with its pet, they tend to be pretty strong and hard to deal with, but ultimately a fun fight. However, 80% of the time, I just fight the pet by itself, while the ranger is around a corner or fighting someone else or I don’t really know what. Any ranger mains here, let me know what it is you do all game while your pet is doing the work.

Mesmer: Kind of a coinflip, here. Half the time, they can’t really do enough damage to kill me and I’ll eventually wear them down through aoe bleeds. The other half, there’s a Thief hiding in one of their illusions.

Elementalist: I have no idea what you’re trying to do, but it looks very impressive. I’m sorry you couldn’t finish because you’re less durable than the average bunny.

Necromancer: Whichever of us uses our condition transfer first loses. Fights are a ridiculous montage of stacking conditions on each other, each waiting for the other to transfer them, so we can then transfer a double stack. Typically Necro vs Necro fights are resolved by whichever necro gets ganked by a Thief first.

Posted by: PsiKobe.1593

PsiKobe.1593

I main a Necro in PvP and alternate between Necro and Warrior in PvE.

My thoughts as a PvP Necro:
Warriors: Fairly easy to deal with, just kite them all day until they blow Berserker Stance, then tank with Death Shroud. They look impressive but kind of aren’t.

Guardian: Bleeding kittens these guys are annoying to kill if I don’t hit them with Corrupt Boon. If I miss CB, I’ll just go find another point and not waste my time on them. Not terribly threatening, though. If I’m not in danger of losing, I’ll take the ten minutes to duel them.

Engineer: Full disclosure, I haven’t played PvP since the turret nerf. But before they got nerfed, whenever I saw one, I’d just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Thief: Am I currently fighting someone else? If Yes: at least I do a lot of damage while downed, until they stomp me from stealth. If No: I’ll fear them to let them know they should just run away, and if they don’t, I’ll just let them slowly bleed to death while they’re downed because they can’t hurt me.

Ranger: On the rare occasion I fight one with its pet, they tend to be pretty strong and hard to deal with, but ultimately a fun fight. However, 80% of the time, I just fight the pet by itself, while the ranger is around a corner or fighting someone else or I don’t really know what. Any ranger mains here, let me know what it is you do all game while your pet is doing the work.

Mesmer: Kind of a coinflip, here. Half the time, they can’t really do enough damage to kill me and I’ll eventually wear them down through aoe bleeds. The other half, there’s a Thief hiding in one of their illusions.

Elementalist: I have no idea what you’re trying to do, but it looks very impressive. I’m sorry you couldn’t finish because you’re less durable than the average bunny.

Necromancer: Whichever of us uses our condition transfer first loses. Fights are a ridiculous montage of stacking conditions on each other, each waiting for the other to transfer them, so we can then transfer a double stack. Typically Necro vs Necro fights are resolved by whichever necro gets ganked by a Thief first.

You seem to have a ton of problems with thieves.