How does everyone feel about Sylvari now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Yea i know its been quite a while but some people might still now know about the sylvari in hot sooo..spoilers?

Anyway, I mean the other races, how do they feel about sylvari now that they know they are dragon minions?

The races leaders gladly joined on a summit “inside” the pale tree, she knew sylvari were minions of modremoth, the pact got smashed to bits and everyone was mistrusting the sylvari during the fight.

And now after modremoth has been defeated everything seems to be back to normal?
Besides the vague nods from caithe where she tells that the whole sylvari race is now truly looking for its place in this world…and not much going on with the news of the pale tree… what now?

If you were playing a sylvari as a pact commander then surely you proven your self amongs everyone including your team of braham, kass and marjory ect, but how does the rest of tyria look on sylvari now?

or did i miss something ?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They where sallad heads before we knew anything and they are still sallad heads now.

If they give us any problems the Arcane Council will just send in the glorious Asuran steam creature army the peacekeeping forces of the Pact. You heard nothing about any steamthingamabob.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The races leaders gladly joined on a summit “inside” the pale tree, she knew sylvari were minions of modremoth,

If I went to a summit meeting with the leaders of various nations and one withheld critical information that resulted in the deaths of hundreds? thousands? and the destruction of the airships. Information that we needed to conduct this war. Information that we needed to prepare for mass defections. Information that the Sylvari members of this attack force needed to brace themselves against mental attacks…

I’d be [KITTENED].

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

In the new season, Councilor Phlunt has an over-reaction to Canach showing up at Rata Novus. There are a couple of “jokes” about how sylvari are no longer a dragon-threat. There were also some sharp comments in Bloodstone Fen from Marjory regarding sylvari. Whether they were meant to refer to Caithe in particular or sylvari in general is a bit subjective.
Then Marjory and Braham both tell-off the Commander… which has nothing to do with whether you play sylvari, so I guess that’s equality at work.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The races leaders gladly joined on a summit “inside” the pale tree, she knew sylvari were minions of modremoth,

If I went to a summit meeting with the leaders of various nations and one withheld critical information that resulted in the deaths of hundreds? thousands? and the destruction of the airships. Information that we needed to conduct this war. Information that we needed to prepare for mass defections. Information that the Sylvari members of this attack force needed to brace themselves against mental attacks…

I’d be [KITTENED].

This.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’d be [KITTENED].

This.

Does anyone (apart from the PC and his team) know that she knew? I mean I can’t imagine that Caithe told anyone else and it was a huge burden for her.

I don’t think anyone, even the pale tree knew what would happen to her children, although I think that she did her best to prepare them and her best to turn them into “good” people but yeah if it gets out, I imagine that everyone would be kittened with her.

Has she even woken up though? I bet you she was going to tell everyone at the summit but, you know, it was very noisy with the whole dragon attack that she was a victim of.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Nah I change mind, no opinion.

(edited by Justine.6351)

Posted by: CowKing.1785

CowKing.1785

I was hoping the Charr would have a second Searing and target The Grove.

Posted by: AIZECK.8279

AIZECK.8279

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Mordremoth is the Pale Tree and the pact killed the Mouth of Mordremoth. Sounds like great cover to me. Yeah everyone might be kittened, but they think they’ve killed Mordremoth.

Meanwhile Mordremoth had assassinated Zhaitan using his champion Traherne and has his champion Caithe watching Aurene waiting on his unwitting pawn Lazarus to help the Pact kill Jormag and Primordus. After that, the only two elder dragons that can oppose Mordremoth are Kralkatorrik and Steve.

Soon Mordremoth’s plan will be complete! Soon the Sylvari will be free! Soon you will learn to fear the power of the Jungle Dragon!

Posted by: Spacial.1683

Spacial.1683

Some Sylvari allied with Mordremoth. But so did some from every other race.

Seems a bit racist to blame all Sylvari for the actions of a few.

And they are (mostly) so cute.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

i didnt care for sylvari b4 knowing who their master is and still don’t care for them now. They’re a useless race as far as im concerned just like the quaggan’s.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

They’re still taking salads. Nothing has changed in my opinion for them.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

In no particular order:

1. Their wannabe overlord is very, very dead, and he took several legendary heroes (including the first of the firstborn) with him.

2. The people on the ground saw that everyone is one blighting pod away from being a minion, zombie minion, or zombie minion template, which kind of takes the wind out of the sails of anti-sylvari sentiment.

3. It’s an open secret among the asura that some of their own cheerfully vivisected the first- and secondborn, with no followup or consequences of any kind, so I’m sure they don’t want to go pointing fingers… or have such a different understanding of racial identity it doesn’t even occur to them to do so.

4. Those sylvari who didn’t cave right away immediately organized themselves into mutual-monitoring-and-euthanasia squads, which was a pretty good demonstration that they took the problem seriously.

5. The charr and norn despise weakness and respect strength; any sylvari who clearly had a firm grip on reality would shortly be alright by them.

That leaves the humans to be convinced by 1, 2, and 4. I don’t think it’s a stretch for things to return to a rough status quo.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Does anyone (apart from the PC and his team) know that she knew?

There might not be a hard proof, but the fact that sylvari were Mordremoth children is out. Even if Pale Tree were to claim ignorance, most would at least have their doubts. Many would be sure she knew, and some might even think she was a willing accomplice.
Seriously, by now even sylvari themselves might not believe she didn’t know a thing (Nightmare court is likely to gain in popularity now).

And, unfortunately, her withholding that information did cause a lot of casualties. And the rulers of other races (with the possible exception of Norns, that do not operate that way) will have a really good reason to blame her for it.
Shw could have avoided the whole mess if she only were a little bit more forthcoming. And the fact that she was somehow considered really trustworthy up until that point is only going to make the negative impact worse.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Under the bus

Nightmare Court, Pale Tree, Soundless, Caithe, Malyck, and even my main character tossed under the bus. Even Sylvari hate Sylvari as a Sylvari main should understand Caithe or have visited the Pale tree. Instead their a piniata for random characters they know nothing about since they were in that coma after Zhatian and awoke to a bunch of ransoms.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

After what she did in season 2, as a human, I really wish my character just told Caithe to kitten off and get lost. The leader of Dragon’s Watch doesn’t care (nor does she have the time) to listen to Caithe’s petty sylvari rambling. Dragon Watch has to prepare for 2 awakening dragons, but also for a Mursaat of questionable allegiances and the white mantle plotting to overthrow the beloved queen.

But no, my character will probably be nice to Caithe, happily listen to her ramblings for hours again, and eagerly await the next time she’ll fail her.

Canach is the only sylvari the commander wants near her in Dragon’s Watch, because he doesn’t come with sylvari drama, just the sylvari goodness.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

That’s the problem with this kind of story, where there are no choices, I cringed when my characters who choose to help the grawl in the personal story sneered “even grawl are smarter than the svanir” in Bitterfrost. Such a terrible attitude. I would never have chosen that dialogue option had I a choice.

Anyway my belief is that she’ll reawaken and tell everyone how sorry she was and how she was just about to come clean at the summit.

And then we’ll have cakes and biscuits and move on because the story has to be rushed along.

Edit: auto correct my old enemy

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

My issue was the lack of racewide repurcussion against sylvari. And you can tie it to modern day terrorism. Most islamic extremists/terrorists do bad stuff. In retrospect we treat all muslims with severe caution. However after this whole ordeal there was very little backlash against the sylvari. The sylvari didnt even bother to redeem themselves. Personally I wanted ls3 to have a small highlight on sylvan racism but i stead we get fairytail ‘lets be friends’. We didnt even have a proper trial for caithe. Sure we ‘know’ she wasnt mordrem but she flatout said “I gotta do this because i cant trust you. But when this is all over please trust me again”

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

All the mordrem mean is that sylvari, same as every other race, are susceptible to corruption.

We had dragon minions of every race from multiple dragons in the past, where Sylvari were thought to be immune. Mordemoth just had a different method of corruption (through the dream). Many sylvari were able to resist the call, so I see no reason why they should be looked upon any differently than the other races

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I’m still not the biggest fan, and HoT really cemented that idea in. In all honesty the writing for them has been very wonky at times. The novels and the pre-launch GW2 background lore stories sometimes showed a very different side of the Sylvari then what we got in game. Once we got to Scarlet and Mordremoth, things even went further down hill. However there might be something down the line that could completely changes my mind. Like there might be even more to the Sylvari race beyond Mordremoth, which could correct some of those issues. We just have to wait and see.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I still trust them, Humans, Asura Hharr and Norn can turn to dragon minions too, if you remember?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Ilergete.9720

Ilergete.9720

Haven’t you thought that Jormag and Primordus can use abilities of Zhaitan and Mordremoth? That includes mind and plant control. Just saying…

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

What dragon turns humans though? Zhaitan? Don’t they have to be dead for that first?

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I’ve always disliked them. Feel the same about Asurans and Norn.

The playable races in game should be Humanity, Charr, Centaur, Krait, and Tengu.

Posted by: Spacial.1683

Spacial.1683

Perhaps a Travel ban.

And a Register of all Sylvari.

A wall around The Grove. And the Sylvari can pay for it.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

People who hate Sylvari just because they were supposed to be dragon minions are lame. If you played the HoT storyline you should know that Mordremoth can only control weak Sylvari. Our characters, the playable Sylvari are strong, we fought for our independence and defeated Mordremoth because we did not agree with his goals. We are not dragon minions because he does not control us, he never did. The weak, corrupted Sylvari are dead. Now go have fun with your overrated, generic looking Human characters and leave the Sylvari alone.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

All the mordrem mean is that sylvari, same as every other race, are susceptible to corruption.

It’s not like that. Sylvari are not like say, quaggans, that can fall to some dragon’s corruption. They are like Destroyers. The whole race created to be minions for a specific dragon.
Some of those minions rebelled, but there will always be a suspicion there. And the sylvari leadership (the Pale Tree) is the most suspicious of all, since she did allow the whole pact fleet to be sunk by wittholding important informations.
That one part can’t really be glossed over. She could have prevented a lot of deaths had she only decided to speak up. She preferred to stay silent.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November