How else can I get Charged Quartz Crystals?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiraya.4012

Shiraya.4012

Q:

Because the 1 per day limit in place right now makes things a little ridiculous… I managed to have a Wupwup spire fall into my lap, and I felt obligated to create a Celestial stat armor set/trinkets to compliment it… But then I found out that you could only craft one charged quartz crystal per day.

Is there any other means of acquiring them? It seems a little odd that this set of armor will take me 45 days at a bare minimum… Hopefully I’m just missing something.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Because the 1 per day limit in place right now makes things a little ridiculous… I managed to have a Wupwup spire fall into my lap, and I felt obligated to create a Celestial stat armor set/trinkets to compliment it… But then I found out that you could only craft one charged quartz crystal per day.

Is there any other means of acquiring them? It seems a little odd that this set of armor will take me 45 days at a bare minimum… Hopefully I’m just missing something.

That is they way it is with ascended items. It is not ridiculous, it is supposed to be the people who are interested in getting this armor would put in the work. You can only make one bolt of Silk thread to make Damask once a day also.

That is armor and trinkets are for looks and for doing high level fractals- want the armor, put in the work. You don’t need them anywhere but there (for the Agony resistance slot).

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I think this is about exotics, not ascended. The full set of EXOTIC celestials will take 45 days. Which is rather off-putting indeed. :P

My home instance quartz node gives me a single charged crystal once in a while. Not too often, but it happens…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Shiraya.4012

That is they way it is with ascended items. It is not ridiculous, it is supposed to be the people who are interested in getting this armor would put in the work. You can only make one bolt of Silk thread to make Damask once a day also.

That is armor and trinkets are for looks and for doing high level fractals- want the armor, put in the work. You don’t need them anywhere but there (for the Agony resistance slot).

I’m not talking about ascended, I’m talking about the exotics.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I think this is about exotics, not ascended. The full set of EXOTIC celestials will take 45 days. Which is rather off-putting indeed. :P

I did it and had no issues. If you want it, do the work.

He said WUPWUP SPIRE which is an ascended staff.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wupwup_Spire

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

That’s cool, nevertheless it’s about exotics.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Charged Quartz Crystals are time gated, thus you’re limited to making only 1 per day. However, if you mine one of the crystal nodes, you have a very very small chance to get one as a bonus. I’ve gotten maybe 3 or 4 using my personal node since I got it last year.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Shiraya.4012

Charged Quartz Crystals are time gated, thus you’re limited to making only 1 per day. However, if you mine one of the crystal nodes, you have a very very small chance to get one as a bonus. I’ve gotten maybe 3 or 4 using my personal node since I got it last year.

Where can I find those nodes?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I found no trouble with buying the lesser crystals on the TP and Charging them daily. In fact its one of the few ascended mats that I have plenty of atm. >.>

Isle of Janthir Megaserver