How is GW2 now?

How is GW2 now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Q:

Hi all,
I am looking to return to GW2 as I saw the 50% sale for HoT. So how is the game now? Left the game 3 years ago.

Also I left due to some issues that caused me rage. They are below and would like to ask, are they solved or non-issues now?

Below are my reasons for leaving (which might sound bad, by it my honest feelings, sorry):
~ I left GW2 when Facturals came out due to the massive boring grind it brought.
~ And how it killed dungeons for me, as no one wanted to grind exotics anymore.
~ Also due to the legendaries that appeared after many promises not to do a horizontal RNG gear upgrade and MASSIVE grind it brought. Which I hated beyond words. Mystic Forge and RNG drops…
~ Oh and yea, after many many months of them not repairing my broken class (was ranger). I remembered they had what 2 or 1 person doing class balancing and Soldier kept getting better and Ranger worst…
~ Oh also WvW got broken after they kept of fixing it to broken-ness.
~ And how each balance steamlined each class to lesser and lessers variations builds till only 1 or 2 builds were Good and the rest not so.
~ Lastly I got temp banned a few times asking for ranger re-balance, which was not fun for me. This is a real thing, the actually temp banned people for asking to many times, where is the promised class changes and why they introduced Ascended against their promises.

So… sorry about the above. I put it all there to simply ask… Has Areanet solved most or all the above. GW2 had so many great things but in the end, my angry got in the way of my enjoyment and I felt that leaving was good for all and my health.

But I still got great memories for GW2 and the HoT discount might be a good time for me to come back to it. Yet before I do, would like to ask… How is GW2 now and is the above still issues?

(edited by gadenp.7586)

How is GW2 now?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

A:

About fractual, i don’t enjoy it. To me it is really optional content afterall. You don’t need to play it if you don’t like it.

For legendary, it is a long term goal and like above it is optional as well. If you don’t find fun without legendary, you will not find fun with it at all.

My end game is wvw roaming, i just start doing it recently and it is extremely fun, it all comes down to what kind of endgame content you preferred.

My friend mains a ranger and he left for 2 years and just came back for couple months. He don’t have HoT and he found ranger is still a lot of fun, he is a pvper afterall. Due to the HoT discount he finally bought it and he is having a blast with his druid now. Try for yourself.

I don’t know what you are talking about broken wvw as i just started doing it and i am having a lot of fun.

I don’t main a ranger but i do have 2 lv80 rangers and i think they are pretty good spot now, i guess you don’t need to request for improvement or even got banned for it now.

How is GW2 now?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Given the complaints that push you away last time, I dont advise that you waste your time coming back if you still have those feelings.

How is GW2 now?

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Hi all,
I am looking to return to GW2 as I saw the 50% sale for HoT. So how is the game now?

Also I left due to some issues that caused me rage. They are below and would like to ask, are they solved or non-issues now?

Below are my reasons for leaving (which might sound bad, by it my honest feelings, sorry):
1. I left GW2 when Facturals came out due to the massive boring grind it brought.
2. And how it killed dungeons for me.
3. Also due to the legendaries that appeared after many promises not to do a horizontal RNG gear upgrade and MASSIVE grind it brought. Which I hated beyond words.
4. And due to the lack of end game that was not grinding dynamic events.
5. Oh and yea, after many many months of them not repairing my broken class (was ranger). I remembered they had what 2 or 1 person doing class balancing and Soldier kept getting better and Ranger worst…
6. Oh also WvW got broken after they kept of fixing it to broken-ness.
7. And how each balance steamlined each class to lesser and lessers variations builds till only 1 or 2 builds were viable and the rest not so.
8. Lastly I got temp banned a few times asking for ranger re-balance, which was not fun for me.

So… sorry about the above. I put it all there to simply ask… Has Areanet solved most or all the above. GW2 had so many great things but in the end, my angry got in the way of my enjoyment and I felt that leaving was good for all and my health.

But I still got great memories for GW2 and the HoT discount might be a good time for me to come back to it. Yet before I do, would like to ask… How is GW2 now and is the above still issues?

How is the game? In my opinion it is great but with a subjective question like that, only you can answer it. Been here since day 1 and I am still enjoying it though I do play less now but that happens with any game no matter how good it is.

1. How is it a grind? If you enjoy fractals, play them. If you don’t enjoy fractals, don’t play them. Some achievements require you to step inside them but there is no “necessary” reason to farm ANY part of the game that you don’t enjoy.

2. How did it kill dungeons for you? Are you referring to the reduction in rewards? If so, they restored some of the reward value to dungeons but again, if you don’t enjoy dungeons, then don’t run them.

3. RNG gear upgrade??? No idea what you are talking about. Legendaries have the same stats as ascended gear so they in NO way contributed to power creep. They are just a status symbol, nothing more. If you don’t want one, you don’t need one. And you can make money doing ANYTHING in the game so there is no grind except doing what you enjoy.

4. The beautiful thing about GW2 is that the entire game is end game so I am not sure what you are talking about here. The issue of “end-game” is only for an issue for people that need to be “led to water” by the nose. With GW2, simply find what you enjoy (or wish to accomplish) and pursue it. Getting exotic gear is so easy that everyone can be competitive in the game. Getting ascended gear takes time but GW2 has to give us something to do….and you can make money doing anything in the game so no grind of “x” required.

5. If you don’t like your class, there are 8 others to try. No one is forcing you to play only one. Every class has its strengths and weaknesses. The only game that will EVER solve the problem of balance issues a game that gives players only ONE class to choose from.

6. I realize people enjoy playing Chicken Little but changes that you personally don’t like does not mean that something is broken. Only you can decide if the current changes are to your liking or not.

7. All classes have numerous builds that suit different situations, different skill levels, and different play styles….and they always have.

8. People don’t get banned simply for making suggestions for game changes. If you did get banned, then you obviously did something(s) that you are not telling us.

Most of your issues seem to stem from misunderstanding the game design, or preconceptions of what you personally want(ed) from the game. If you don’t like the game, that is okay, there are others out there but the only way to decide if you personally like the game design is to try it.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

How is GW2 now?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

From your list of issues, I don’t think you’d particularly enjoy the game more than when you left. I’m enjoying it, but I have different issues than you do.

How is GW2 now?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

From your list of issues, I don’t think you’d particularly enjoy the game more than when you left. I’m enjoying it, but I have different issues than you do.

I agree with Vayne. I like the game; I can’t imagine that you will — none of the things that you dislike are likely to change this year or even this decade.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

How is GW2 now?

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Been playing since day 1, and still really enjoying it. I really feel like gw2 is one of the most misunderstood games I’ve ever played in terms of how diverse in opinion its community is and what people who barely play or have played think what game is about. With that said, the game has changed a lot since you last played it, it seems.

—Fractals have changed to make them quick and challenging the more levels you climb. There are 12 different ones, with challenge motes you can complete for collections. Theres even a special legendary backpiece item you can only get from Fractals once you complete the entire collection.

Fractals never killed dungeons. Its just a continuation of 5 man content that can change and provide far more flexibly for the devs to go crazy with different ideas on how they want to approach group instances. If your talking about making gold, you can still make gold doing dungeons. Just don’t expect to have to do the same dungeon a million times in one reset and have that be more gold then simply doing something else. Dungeons are now apart of a daily reward, and completing 8 rewards you with 5 gold plus all the gold you made when you did them. And this can be repeated as much as you want.

Legendary weapons are not required in any content in this game. Its just a skin with the added perk of having the ability to change the stat of the weapon whenever you want. Its like what….%5 increase in stats? If you have skill, you can easily do just as well if not better then the person with a legendary. Its just a long term goal for those that want it.

Plus, they recently added a collection track for every legendary in the game. Now you can craft your very own precursor weapon and use that to create a legendary, or buy it, or throw weapons into the mystic forge in the hopes you get a pre, or get it from random drops through the entire world.

Theres no solider class in the game, unless your talking about warrior. Rangers are in a very good place, and are viable in all content. Don’t let people tell you otherwise because if they do, they have no idea what they are talking about.

WvW is fine. Its getting alot of attention and the devs are always taking feedback on how to improve it.

There are lots of different builds people can create and play. You don’t have to follow a meta build. The meta is only there to bring out what is the most ideal, but only if your playing it correctly. Meta is something the players/ community come up with after many hours of testing and theorycrafting. But if you truly played you would understand that it honestly all comes down to skill and awareness. A trash build can still beat a meta build if played right. Its happened millions of times and will continue to do so. If its not working, stop torturing yourself and adapt.

Its not perfect, but what is? If your not curious to learn the ins and outs of why things are the way that they are, your just gonna continue to get mad.